Suggestions for the next version

Igor

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Igor ! After all what has been posted, even though it might seem repetitive; I can't but express you my admiration and forward you my thanks. :D:D:D

I'm rather new in this business with PTE and probably missed some point, but I wonder why nobody mentioned the prospect of improving dramatically the music editing system ? I would very much like to have a few - let's say 2 - other music tracks added… one for narration purpose, one for extra sounds purpose for instance ; each of those extra tracks being designed to include a few basic tools such as "copy" "cut" "paste" and "move" ...That would permit to adjust easely all sounds used in the scenario on the same screen... quite a challenge isn't it !

See what I mean ? Is there any support for that around ?

I know Audacity is an efficient complement to PTE, but having a "mini audacity" on board would be fantastic ! You've made us used to exceptionnal improvement... that's why I dare ask !!!

To the basic tools that haddock mentions I would like to add a fade-option. Then it would be much easier to use multiple songs in a show without having to edit them outside in another program. It would also give much better control on when the music shuld fade and stop.

/Gnurra

Would it be possible for the Timeline to be used in the main window instead of a window on its own. Perhaps the waveform could be placed underneath the line of slides in the show. Adjustments and editing could then be associated with the larger preview window and thus make transitions and synchronization easier to see.

Thank you, Igor, for all the imrovements you make.

Djay

I have been creating a slide show again and i am still finding the preview a real pain as when you click on play it starts from the beginning. As I only use this when i am refining a section of the timeline playing form the cursor would be so much easier. I know there is a work around Play Pause then locate cursor where you want to start then Play again. But to look at the last three slides of a 20 slide slideshow this is a lot of messing about.

Also being able to use the timeline without sound would be really useful. It would save having to use a range of Silence files.

Pity, for me the program is so close to perfect as i dont use a lot of fancy transitions as they blind the viewer more often than enhance the show.

To make it perfect for me I would like to see the above and a way of positioning text relative to the image not the screen ( say relative to screen center)

Steve

SteveP

You can preview starting at any slide you want.

click on the slide you want to start with on the bottom of the main screen, and then click on the "slice of bread" (small icon to the bottom right of the large image view at top of main screen.

Preview will start at the selected image and carry on from there.

Re the OBJECT use of TEXT and their not staying where you "want" the text, I believe Igor is working on that and hopes to have it in the next major release. We have been after that for a long time. I use the OBJECTS a lot, not for text so much as for starting other shows/files from within a PTE presentation.

JRR

Thanks for that I have been using that and Ctrl R in the main window to preview. It is the small preview window on the time line that would be most usefull when I am trying to balance transitions with each other and with audio. It would save the amount of opening and closing of the timeline

So what i would like is to have the equivalent of Ctrl R in the timeline. I am hopeing it would not be to difficult as it is already implimented on the main window, but with all codeing what looks easy is usually the hardest.

Steve:

Just in case you are using any sound added by the SOUND LINE on the main screen, it does not play when you preview via the TIMELINE, you have to use the full screen PREVIEW

I understand that Igor has said that he will look into that for a furure version.

< Hi,

The layout of my "Project Options" box is still the same as it was in the older versions. But it has all the new buttons and it is very "cramped" and some text is cut off. Should it not look the same as the "Project Options" box in the new tutorials? >

Igor I have set my text in Windows to 96DPI and as you said, that solved the problem with the "project options" box. Consequently all windows text is smaller now. I like the 120DPI font size because that makes things easier to read for me, (we all getting older). So if it is not to much of a job, can you in the next update make the "Project options" box less cramped, if I use the 120 DPI font size.

Thanks,

Bert

À íå ïîðà ëè ñäåëàòü îêíî íàñòðîåê ïðåçåíòàöèè â äðåâîâèäíîì ñòèëå, êàê, íàïðèìåð, â íîâûõ âåðñèÿõ Total Commander èëè ACDSee? Òàê áóäåò çíà÷èòåëüíî óäîáíåå, äà è ïðîñòîðíåå äëÿ äîáàâëåíèÿ íîâûõ ïàðàìåòðîâ.

PTE is brilliant as it is, and I recommend PTE to anyone who will listen to me.

I've done a search on the forum for a mute sound control and there doesn't seem to be anything.

I'd like to give those I give presentation CD's to, to be able to easily mute the sound, "Mute Icon" ? on the navigation bar.

regards

Brian

Brian:

Glad you are enjoying PTE, I have been for about 3 years now and echo your views strongly

I don't think there is a mute on the Navigation bar (yet..... Igor are you listening ? ;) )

But if you e-mail BOXIG, search for him on the member list in top right corner or this page - or look for one of his many postings and click on his name, you can then send him an e-mail and ask if he has a utility that will do it. I seem to recall that he does. If not I suspect you'll have one soon from him.

By the way, while I like to be able to control some of my shows, I don't really like the navigation bar on the screen as it is distracting. You can control the shows to a large extent without the navigation bar by using the PROJECT OPTIONS>ADVANCED>mouse clicks etc for partial control (forward and backward). Then PAUSE/BREAK key will pause the show for you. (Igor is thinking about adding the space bar as a pause control too)

If you have a sound bite added via the SOUND LINE as compared to background music, the sound clip for the slide you have paused on does not immediately stop, but will carry on until the end of the clip.

Thanks for that Jim, must admit that I dont particularly like the navigation bar on screen but I put it there for clients to be able to control their viewing.

It would be handy if in addition to a mute icon we could also toggle the nav bar. Never satisfied. I've had P2E about the same time as yourself, tried a couple of others but kept coming back to this and for the past 18 months I've been providing clients with a presentation on CD. It just gets better all the time and the value for money is priceless.

I'll try Boxig

Thanks again

Brian

I'm wondering whether this Ken Burns effect couldn't be implemented by providing some sort of internal Flash engine which could then implement Flash files?

It's relatively easy to make Flash "movies" of stills by various available software. Then if P2E could provide a way of displaying these within a slideshow it would be possible to achieve results like this:

http://www.lin-evans.net/re/buffalo.html

Lin

Lin, that is a spectacular effect with Flash. I hope Igor is reading this one, as the forum members would be very happy with this capability. There has been a lot of discussion of the "Ken Burns" effect which I expect most photographers are familiar with.

You website is very nice too.

Bill

Comment view

I mentioned it about two years ago: It would be great to have a “Comment view“. In the meanwhile many nice features have been added, but editing comments is still quite a hassle.

Of course there might be a utility out there, but I would prefer to have something like a “Comment view” included in PTE. Why I am asking for this: I use PTE mainly for educational purpose, so I need to set up slideshows fast. Usually it should take no longer than 1 or max 2 hours. I put a bunch of pics in a folder, add comments, and that’s it. I use it as a replacement for PowerPoint, because the shows can be done much faster this way.

But often I need to change and move text around, which cannot be done easily in PTE. I mean, it is easy, but not convenient. The “Comment view” would allow to see in a row all pics (thumbs) and comments, divided from the pic / comment before and after only by grid lines, allowing to move the cursor up and down in order to write or edit the comments.

It would also be cool to have the possibility to load a text file, all the comments only seperated by a special character or whatever.

Thanks for considering.

1) Ken Burns effects

2) Fade out music at end of show

3) Volume controls for music as custom control for each slide (to soften background music while voice-over plays on a slide)

4) Make the computer aware that the show is an active program, that is, block the computer's screen saver from coming on or monitor power-off while a long show is playing (mine may run for 45 min.)

5) Integrated slide show installer as a button option in Object Editor.

Thanks for the great work,

-David

We're realizing new graphical engine with Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects with *very* smooth motion and sharp picture as usually.

No current plans about integration of Flash movies into slide-shows, sorry.

Fade out music at end of show

Yes, I think in the next version.

We're realizing new graphical engine with Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects with *very* smooth motion and sharp picture as usually.

No current plans about integration of Flash movies into slide-shows, sorry.

With Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects - no need for Flash :-) The suggestion for Flash was to allow these effects without building them into P2E, but having them built in is better anyway - thanks!!

Lin

One feature which I would like to see which I imagine should be easy to impliment is as follows :

If you select and highlight a sequence of continuous images in the slide view at the bottom of PTE and then right-click I would like to be able to select an option which will reverse the highlighted slides order.

e.g.

If the slide images are at the bottom are as here :

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg

And I highlight slides 03.jpg through to 09.jpg then I would like to be able to select an option which would make the slide order as follows :

01.jpg 02.jpg 09.jpg 08.jpg 07.jpg 06.jpg 05.jpg 04.jpg 03.jpg 10.jpg

As you can see the position of images 01, 02 and 10 remain the same but the highlighted slides have reversed. This option would have to be resticted to a continuous selection of slides.

Would this be easy to add? :rolleyes:

And yes an undo function would be great as I have just tried the Rotate clock-wise option to see what it does and now I have several images which have been rotated but I can't get them back how they were originally using PTE. I will have to sort them out myself in Paint Shop Pro.

Thanks

Andy