WnSoft Forums

Softwar, ähm, Software question

RudiRe

Just as a matter of interest on this topic, I have created a few slide shows in Macromedia's "Flash", but the dissolves are so poor, due to all the processor overhead in handling all the other features, that I have given up, except for the odd production for the web where images are kept very small.

However, if Macromedia ever design in a special still slide-show capability (unlikely), or we end up someday with 100-Ghz processors (maybe not in my lifetime), then "Flash", and it's imitator, "Swish", would provide some awesome capabilities. The text and graphic - handling capabilities, for titles, and ability to provide pseudo-animation, are awesome! I have a short "Flash" animation on my web site, using actual photos, here:Lion_Stalking

Ciao,

Al

RudiRe,

Yes, it is saveable as an EXE, and can be added to a web page or run from a CD. And, like PTE, the file sizes are largely determined by the size of music and image files.

The neat thing about "Flash" is the time line where each image and each piece of music has a separate line, and everythng can be dragged around, including the overlaps of the transitions. Wish the dissolves were better, though.

However, it's mainly a web-authoring tool for making commercials, etc. Most of the large-company web pages use it now, and some of the creations are really clever.'

The learning-curve is a little steep and it's a bit of a "finnicky" program to use, but once you figure out the process for adding images and transitions, it goes pretty smoothly. It also provides lots of programmable ability with buttons, etc.

You can spot a "Flash" creation by right-clicking on the image area and it will say something about "Macromedia Flash", and let you set some parameters such as "Play", "Loop", "Forward", "Rewind", etc.

I haven't tried "Swish", but I imagine that it provides similar features.

Ciao,

Al