WnSoft Forums

Error 80041c21 ??????

mikegreenslade

Help needed please...

I am using Ulead Dvd MovieFactory2.

When I get to the 'Output' stage, "Burning Progress- converting videos", I get as far as 9% and a window opens saying "Failed to convert video file Error 80041c21"

What is this problem?

Never had this b4......I'm using 4.30 Pte.

Mike.

This is encoding error. This maybe result of any factor. First restart and make all over again. If your avi is very big you may not have enough free space. If the Ulead created a LOG file you can check it and see where the problem is (after 9%). You probably will find it in the Ulead Temp folder.

You can make your AVI again, maybe there was some problem in creating it. And last, clean you computer by using disk defragmenter.

I have downloaded the latest 4.31 version, same problem .

I have since made all my photos(100 plus 4blanks) 1024pixels on the longest side, and a file size of 200-250kb per photo.

This project then worked perfect in Ulead and dvd was completed successfully, except for one big problem on playback...

All photos were clipped on left-hand-side, or on right-hand-side.....Dont know why?

I then tried the same project in "ProShow Gold v2" and had no probs whatsoever.

I dont need to alter each photo to 1024pixels either in Proshow. A much larger File works perfect in Proshow.

I prefere the final photo quality in PicturesToexe to Proshow though.

Also the transitions are smoother.

Can someone tell me why there is "clipping" on my playback?

Mike.

Mike there have been many entires re wiggly verticals when shows are made for tv

do a search of the forum

for starters

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=2454

it is a complicated subject

the simplest fix is forget about borders if the end result is meant for tv

and run the screen size 95 to 100%

get your fiddlin hat on and you will win:)

ken

Mike

found this quote that might make you feel a bit better -- you are not alone with problems ;)

for testing your show before the final try using the zoom feature of your dvd player to hide the verticals -- then you can see how it will look and possibly help you decide on a fix

ken

by Sam Chow

Copyright © 2005 Future Shop

"Why is it that when I play a home movie DVD on my computer, the size of the screen is accurate, but when I play it in the DVD player for the TV, it appears to have been cropped?"

Overscan

This may be a simple case of the original video stream not being authored to compensate for TV overscan. Because of the limitations of regular TV sets, the screen is usually calibrated so that the edge of the picture is off-screen. Almost 20% of the entire picture is out of the viewing area. Usually this overscan area is taken into consideration when producing the video so that you do not lose anything important from the picture. Since computer monitors are generally more precise than TVs there is no need for overscanning. As a result, you see the entire picture when watching video on your computer.

There are two methods to solve the problem of overscan. First, there are a few DVD players that will allow you to zoom out incrementally until you can see the entire picture or to adjust the X/Y scaling to offset the overscan. The other way to correct overscan requires that you make adjustments on your television set. There is usually a hidden service menu on your TV that lets you tweak various settings. The problem here is figuring out how to access the hidden menu, as well as being careful not to change the settings so that the picture becomes worse, or even unwatchable. Note that making any changes in the service menu may void your warranty.

Conversion

When burning home movies or other content to DVD from an MPG or AVI file, this sort of problem usually can be fixed in the software settings. You can often adjust the picture so that everything fits within the "TV Safe" area, with the rest of the area filled with black bars, the result being similar to letterboxed/widescreen video. It may also be an improper conversion from PAL to NTSC. PAL, a television system used in Europe and other areas, has a higher vertical resolution, so perhaps part of the image was cut off while being converted.

Hey! Thanx Ken.

I havent been on here since last-time I replied, anyway, just to answer your question b4 about choosing FULLSCREEN - Yes, i did choose it.

I have read the above, it helps alot.

I was just wondering if the problem was with PTE software regarding this problem because I never get this prob when using Proshow Gold to produce a dvd slideshow, the final output is exactly as viewed on the computer screen. As I mentioned earlier though PTE keeps the sharpness and displays the photos in their original form, as proshow gold loses slight sharpness in final output- I like to view my photos in slideshows as good as a Photo is viewed after printing it.

I guess I will have to trial & Error.

Thanx again,

Mike.