WnSoft Forums

Preview Button

Hilquite

I am using 4.31 PTE and running XP.

I have produced 3 projects and every thing worked well.

Suddenly the Preview buttons – all 3 – have failed to work. Pictures will not run and no music.

What happens :- when any Preview button is pressed the start up slide appears on full screen as expected – run – the first

slide of project remains on screen and no music.

:-When right click on any image along the bottom bar in the main menu page –“start preview from current

slide” the next 10 to15 slides preview on full screen but no music then stops.

:- Previous projects, which used to run OK, behave in the same way.

:- Customize Synchronization button – play – slides and music run OK in little window with all the right

effects.

:-“ Create as” - Slide show and music run perfectly.

PTE files moved to another computer everything works OK! So what have I done to my computer ? I feel it must be a computer problem and not a program problem

Recent changes I have installed Photoshop CS

Installed an External Hard Drive Maxtor One Touch

Installed XP Service Disc.

To try to solve the problem I have down loaded all Microsoft up dates and uninstalled PTE and reinstalled PTE. Also, down loaded the new 4.40 beta to-day. All with no effect.

Can any body help?

Yours hopefully, Hilquite

Hilquite

welcome to the forum.

with all the MS updates you likely have rebooted several times.

i would suggest you set the system to do an "error checking" on next reboot -- prior to xp this was the scandisk function

reboot and let it do its thing

a defrag is likely in order as well as dumping the temp internet cache

then try p2e again

have you tried it with the external hd removed

ken

Try to find where is the problem by making mini shows and run them. Make a 3 slides show without sound and effects, no startup window, no navigation bar, etc. If this slide will work, then add one thing at a time and see when the problem starts. Try also to use the XP restore points. Also maybe you have a virus :( run the free AVG.

Hilquite

I had this problem too and tried absolutely everything I could think of.

All other programs on my PC were running fine, I took the drastic step of reformatting my hard drive and loading everything up again.

All is good now and my PC is really humming along nicely but it took me over a week to reload everything.

I now have a very good uninstaller ASHAMPOO which tracks all my installations of all softwares and allows you COMPLETELY remove any software you add to your PC.

You might want to try doing a "Repair" Reinstall of Windows XP but make sure all your data and internet settings, favourites etc are backed up.

I think this is the third time this problem has been raised now so either it means PTE has a bug or PTE by its design is showing up some deficiency in the current integrity of your system. Maybe Igor needs to look into this a little further as your problem sounds exactly the same as what I had.

Good luck and I sincerely hope you don't have to go down the REFORMAT or REPAIR REINSTALL path.