WnSoft Forums

MultiShow Revisited

nickles

Ken,

That is great skin.

If you'll have free time, maybe you can make some nice skins to any of my other programs. I don't have this talent so they all look not so attractive.

Lin,

That's nice trick but how about the credit to the author of the utility ?

You actually removed the Logo and name of the utility :(

At least can you add: Made with "MultiShow Player" ?

Granot

MultiShow 2.0.0.6

Now you can change background color and text color on the show list box.

Use RGB colors with comma.

On line 8 of "cfg.ini" write the background color.

On line 9 of "cfg.ini" write the font color like this:

In the above: white text on black color.

You can use my "ChooseColor" utility to select colors.

Ken,

Where can we download "Leather" skin and all others ?

Granot

Uh! Oh! Granot:

Between v2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 you inadvertantly cropped the CD Image. Take a look here:

CD Image Cropped on 2.0.0.6

It's fine on 2.0.0.5

Ken

:P

Well Granot, when you're hot you're hot. If you want to consider a further nice little touch - You could expand the background image idea. In the "Slide Show Information" window, where now you can show txt.jpg as background - Could you use multiple .jpg images - one tied to each show? So the "background" could be specific for the same show that is being described or explained by the text on the background. If there is no show-specific jpg the window would then show the default background.

Lin,

That's nice trick but how about the credit to the author of the utility ?

You actually removed the Logo and name of the utility  

At least can you add: Made with "MultiShow Player" ?

Hi Granot,

In each slideshow which I produce there are credits to the developers and programs used at the beginning of the show and links to their sites from my website. I'll be glad to change the skin back to include the original but then I won't be able to use it. People outside of this forum and few others have any idea what "PTE" means and it would simply create confusion.

When the "about" button is clicked it links to your website and when the user links to my website from the menu your site and a "plug" are included in my own links. Let me know if this doesn't work for you and I'll stop using your menu program.

Here's a link to my own site:

http://www.lin-evans.net

Click on the "links" and read the information on the right side of the opening screen....

Best regards,

Lin

Robert,

I am embarrassed. I can't remember if the lower window displays only the "About" text or also text about each show. I will check it and see if it is possible. It seems to be a good idea.

Ken,

The basic interface has no image in the text window. I added an image just to show how it looks like. If the "txt.jpg" will be removed it will be blank. In other words, everyone can use his own image as background. By the way, I remember your wife had some good ideas when we worked on MultiShow last time. To have to increase her salary ;)

Uploaded new fixed version to my web page.

all temporary links will not work.

Granot

Robert,

In the "Slide Show Information" window, where now you can show txt.jpg as background - Could you use multiple .jpg images - one tied to each show? So the "background" could be specific for the same show that is being described or explained by the text on the background.

Done in version 2.0.0.8

If there is no show-specific jpg the window would then show the default background.

Forgot :(

It will show previous image. I will fix it later on.

How to display image in "About" window for each show

You can display an image for each show in the lower window. This image will be displayed when user select a show from the list. To attach an image include a JPG file in "Shows" folder and name it the same as your show file, changing the EXE extension to JPG. If the utility can not find image file the image in lower window will not be changed. This option allows you to show long representing image consists of 5-6 attached thumbs of your original show images. Image size should be 646 x 96 pixels.

Download MultiShow Player Version 2.0.0.8

Ken,

This feature fits your wife idea for the multi images film ;)

I included two leather skins only in the "skins" folder (they are great !).

Can you post here where members can download all your skins ?

:P Granot

Granot:

How to display image in "About" window for each show

You can display an image for each show in the lower window. This image will be displayed when user select a show from the list. To attach an image include a JPG file in "Shows" folder and name it the same as your show file, changing the EXE extension to JPG. If the utility can not find image file the image in lower window will not be changed. This option allows you to show long representing image consists of 5-6 attached thumbs of your original show images. Image size should be 646 x 96 pixels.

For some reason, this feature didn't work for me...still playing around with it.

Yes, I liked my wife's idea of the film frames for a txt.jpg. She came up with that following LumenLux's neat suggestion...although it means more work...

I created a thread for downloading the skins.

ken

:(

OK Heres's the Deal Granot:

Go here:

Windows Message

As I moved down and highlighted a playlist item, I anticipated that the jpg in the text window would change in accordance with the highlighted show. This didn't happen...but when I "ran selected shows" for the highlighted show I got the Windows message. When I responded, OK, the show "50th Anniversary" ran, but just prior to running, the jpg in the txt window changed to the appropriate jpg. The same process repeated when I attempted to run another show...I get the same Windows message and must respond OK.

I'm sure you can figure this one out.

I do think it would be nicest if the jpg in the "slideshow information" text window immediately changed when you highleted a show in the "playlist". I suspect that LumenLux's thinking was that the jpg could give the user a sort of preview image for the highlited show...but just guessing.

ken

Thanks Granot and Ken & Wife for your continued work. Yes, Ken, the idea of the .jpg background as a preview of the highlighted show. The photo would correspond to the specific text that appears as each show is highlighted. Granot will probably have it done in a new version before I even finish this and try it. :)

Ok Granot:

Now that I know their's a 2.0.0.9...and installed it works.

A suggestion, and important there is a [?] button on MultiShow Player. When you depress this button you are advised of the version #. Could you keep that up-to-date ? Especially, when you're in the middle of betas.

People expect a lot for "free" stuff don't they.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts with the PTE users.

Have a very nice day or night?

sincerely,

ken

Ken,

Glad to hear.

Now I think all is done (unless someone will have a new idea).

The main version is 2 but sub version 9.

The help file and the file itself carry the 2.0.0.9.

Please notice all - the "MultiShow Tool" was not updated and I will do it soon. Anyway once you use the utility you can make the configuration file with Notepad.

Granot

I sent Granot the following E-mail and he suggested I post for comments:

Hi! Granot:

Concept Time!

Please unzip and run the attached  PTE slideshow to see a concept.

Notice the framed slides in the text window as I highlight entries in the playlist.  (Kind of confusing slideshow...makes you want to click on the actual MultiShow Player)

I've attached a sample jpg for one of the shows.  I really think the framing idea is neat.

Could a utility be created that would permit this jpg to be automatically generated with frames from selected slides in a PTE slideshow.  Seven 4:3 format slides will scale and fit nicely.  I used Paint Shop Pro to create this.  Photoshop can also be used.  It's very time consuming..lots of cutting and pasting and framing.

I think that this would be an amazing utility for support of MultiShow...What do you think?

Sincerely

ken

If the Yahoo server is up(it's been working off and on lately...it was working at the time I wrote this) you can download the short PTE slideshow here:

A Short Concept Slideshow Download

It's named TextSlideShowFrames. Looking for comments.

ken

:D

Hi Ken,

I have followed this thread because I am very interested in all of the suggestions that you (and others) have made. I note that Granot has uploaded the latest version on his website (2.0.0.9). However when I run this latest version I do not see the improvements that you have been talking about, e.g. 'loading' and the image that should be displayed in the lower text box.

Am I missing something here? Or maybe I am doing something wrong!

Can you help please?

Ron West

Ken Wrote:

Could a utility be created that would permit this jpg to be automatically generated with frames from selected slides in a PTE slideshow.

Granot answers:

Done !

Here is a temporary direct download link:

FilmThumbs

Also:

Updated "MultiShow Tool" which generates ini configuration file for "MultiShow Player". You can download it from my web site.

Ron, did you read the updated "Help" file of version 2.0.0.9 ? ;)

:P Granot