WnSoft Forums

Runtime edit of Presentations

wildsnaps

Like a lot of camera clubs, we are currently looking at ways in which we can allow members to enter "digital slides" into competition. In order to be able to do this, I need some software that can be used in a similar way to a traditional slide projector.

In order for this to work, I need to be able to flag certain images to be re-shown, and others to be dropped from the show, at runtime. Is this possible in P2E? If not, can anyone suggest another mechanism for doing this?

Kind regards

Simon Coates

Simon:

One club I know uses THUMBSPLUS, another uses ACDC

Thumbplus has the advantage of being colour managed.

ANother club designed their own software.

Based on my experience, I don't think PTE is the best option here

Although PTE being so flexible, there is little it can't do..... ;):D

You might also do a search in PTE for Manual Slide Show by Conflow. It is just a question of setting up a Template in PTE, maybe modified to suit individual needs. It should suit most of your requirements. A pencil note of any that the judge might want to see again shouldn't present any problems with the use of the Light Table - e.g. right click on image and select move to the top. Then you can run those top ones through again, backwards and forwards at the judge's behest.

Ron [uK]

I could have added that my grandson, David, gave a talk at our Camera Club on his work as a sports photographer using Conflow's Manual Slide Show.

I also use it to run through a set of new images. Open PTE, select the Manual Show Template, load the images, Preview then use the arrow keys to view at leisure.

Ron [uK]