WnSoft Forums

using PTE as a presentation tool

jeanie

hello again, everybody, ;)

following on from my last topic I was supprised to be told that I could use PTE almost as a slide show presentation. I have never used it in this way before as I was unaware you could control it. Stop and start pause etc. while you spoke about each slide. Is this what was being said or have I misunderstood? If this is true could anyone tell me how they would use PTE to give a slide presentation in this way

Thanks in advance

jeanie :blink:

Jeanie

I think Jim (JRR) has supplied the answer you require in the last posting on your other thread. What he has said is basically the template 'Manual Show' which I have set on my computer, which I derived from Conflow's original "Manual Slide Show". Good luck with it.

Ron [uK]

Jeanie

That is exactly what we are saying.

PTE is a VERY flexible program.

It will run fully manual shows, fully synchronized shows on "automatic", and it will run synched shows on Automatic, but with a manual over-ride.

And a heckuva a lot more too

;)

Hi all

Well thanks for that info. I just tried it out and it works just great.!! :D

But I'm still wondering how do I get from the controlled part of the presentation to the audio visual auto show? Do I create two separate projects? Also I wish I could find Cornflow's manual on the manual slideshow that was mentioned

Thanks for all help, its just really helpful,

hope i'm not too much of a pain with all my questions.

By the way I'm going to Southport on Saturday to see the Royal Photographic audio visual distinction day. should be a wonderful day.

jeanie

Jeanie

I suggest you do a search for Manual Show and you will find a thread in November last year starting with the following:

"MANUAL SLIDE SHOW for LECTURER'S

This Show Format is suitable for those who wish to give an "Old Style" Slide Show with click advance and reverse of Slides.

The features are:-

* Startup Window with printed 'Operating Instructions'. (Anyone can use it)

* Individual selection and 'Static Display' of each Slides.

* Individual Slides with own Voice commentary or Music.

* RH.Mouse advance to Next Slide.

* LH.Mouse return to Last Slide.

* RH.Arrow Key = Fast Forward of Slides.

* LH.Arrow Key = Fast Reverse of Slides.

* Exit from any Slide

* Print any Slide.

* REMOTE CONTROL of Slide Show with IR.Optical Mouse. (Walk around-No Wires)

"If there is enough interest I can submit the 'Set-Up Instructions' to the Forum.

I also have a 'Demo Exe' if some one would like to Host it on their Web Page.

Alternatively I can EMail a 'set-up' sheet to you.

"Brian Kelly.Conflow."

I suggest you then e-mail Brian for the information you want. I have a copy of his *.zip file of a short set of instructions accompanied by relevant images of the PTE settings. I cannot send you this without his permission, so that is why I suggest you get in touch with him direct.

Ron [uK]

Hi Jeanie

I'm going to Southport too, :D

so see you there & run through this with you in a break.

I also do a manually show interspersed with sequences and demos.

PTE is excellent for this and easy to set up and use.

BW

Maureen

Jeanie

Have you contacted Brian Kelly, Conflow on this as I have suggested? I think you will find the screen shots most useful and you will have a permanent record.

Ron [uK]

Hello Ron

Yes I have contacted Brian and he has replied. At the moment he is having trouble with his computer which caught a virus. At the moment he is putting a new one together. So it may take a bit of time before he can get to this. As I told him I do not do my presentation until May24th. so I have some time to spare. If I don't put the two sections of the presentation together it won't be a disaster. It will be useful to know for the future though and I'm always interested in what PTE can do. I really didn't know you could contol it like this and it is great! :rolleyes:

thanks for your interest

jeanie