WnSoft Forums

Incorporate Photo Order List into PTE

maderemark

It would be nice to have PTE incorporate some of the features of Granot's Photo Order List into PTE. I want to streamline my client's viewing and ordering process in just one program to simplify things a bit.

Igor, can you add the option of placing a button called "Order Photo" that can be positioned at the bottom left or bottom center or bottom right of the screen? As the client clicks through the photos, they could click the "Order Photo" button to bring up an order screen similar to what Granot has in his program.

Thanks,

Mark Madere

As an AV worker of the old school, whose presentations are for pleasure not profit, I cannot see any need for this to be incorporated in PTE and certainly very very low on the wishlist. Surely one can be satisfied with the excellent utilities which Granot and others produce without cluttering PTE with such things. I hope others will rally to my support on this.

I have been using PTE for a few years now and I would be interested to know whether Igor's origination of PTE was from an AV base or from a display of images for sale. Surely it must be the former otherwise why the need for transition effects etc.

Ron [uK]

Guest Techman1

Mark,

What I typically do for my clients is I have the CD autorun a PTE Slideshow with music and transitions. Something for them to enjoy and capture the moment. At the end of the slideshow "wonderfully done I might add ;) " and while they are still crying over their photographs, I start a manual slideshow for them to select their images from. This slideshow doesn't have any music, no transitions and I have the image number on the screen. This has worked out in the past.

With Granot's new program, now I am simply running it as the second part of my slideshow. After the real slideshow ends, I am calling up Photo Order List. This puts the images in front of my client right away and they can order to their hearts desire. I'm hoping to be receiving more orders now, since my clients don't have to write anything down and Granot's program is very feature rich in it's abilities to help my clients with their orders (comparing photos, pricing, totals, enlarged thumbnails, etc.).

Both PTE and PhotoOrderList work beautifully together and both my clients & I benefit. Give it a try and see what you think.

Good luck!

Fred

Fred,

Thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate constructive, useful replies such as yours.

Ron,

I'm sorry my suggestion upset you. Your response asking others to "rally support" against my suggestion seems extreme. I'll withdraw my request to avoid upsetting you further.

Ken,

I've always marvelled at your technical expertise with PTE and how you help others. I didn't think my suggestion was as absurd as "making it fit on a 1,44 floppy -and all this for $25." I guess some people choose not to post on this forum to avoid this type of criticism. I'm sorry I posted this topic. It WON'T happen again.

Mark Madere

Sorry Mark, you didn't upset me. Maybe I didn't express myself very well.

If you knew me you would know that the majority of my responses on this forum and my uploads to Beechbrook have been to help others. In this respect you may care to look at a thread within the last 48 hours where I gave an outline on how to add pictures on pictures.

By all means keep your wish in.

Ron [uK]

Mark

"making it fit on a 1,44 floppy -and all this for $25."

Igor has kept the size of the program so that it will fit on a floppy and has made a program that does a world of things for +- $25 dollars

Granot listened to members and with the help of members developed a program to fit their needs but the exe itself is 1.6 mb with out the readme or the other pieces in the zip.

and from the demo page i quote

Special promotion price

$ 30 US

Registration is for use of one name

Official price: 50 $

so my

good idea

remark to your question

still stands but i still think it is way down on the wish list

how many times have you read " this may be a silly dumb stupid" question / idea

there are NO "silly dumb stupid question/idea's"

so as Ron has said

do not stop posting your ideas

ken

I surely agree with all of you.

Yes Mark, it would be nice to have some of "Photo Order List" features, or any new peatures for that matter, in PTE, but that actually means combining two completely different programs into one. Since not all PTE users are professional photographers, and PTE is a "SlideShow" program, I also agree with Ron that those features are probably very low on the wishlist. But, as Ken said, any new idea should be posted in the forum and members should post their thoughts. As you know, many of new features added along the years are results of ideas posted by members.

While PTE creates a "Ready Made" presentation where user has not much to do, "Photo Order List" is a tool with which user can do things, like selecting print paper and size for his photos, and it is not interded only for PTE users, but can be also used with simple JPG images and without any presentation to come along.

As Ron said, presentations are mostly done for pleasure, but some photographers use them for their work. On the other hand, there is nothing of the pleasure in "Photo Order List" which is a pure working tool only for photographers, which are not the majority of PTE users.

As Fred said: Both PTE and "PhotoOrderList" work beautifully together and both my clients & I benefit.... and I think those two program should be seperated, if only for the reason that it will be very difficult to use a PTE show with its music and transitions for making a print order. The only way to do it will be to make a second presentation without any page transition.

I am not a photographer and I made "PhotoOrderList" following few members' requests who could not find any similar program. I am glad to get good feedback from photographers (PTE and not PTE users) and I am sure the day will come when all SlideShow programs will have their OrderList features.

Granot

Hello everyone! I say everyone because there have been a few responses to the original thread posted by MadeRemark. As one member who assited Granot with the making of his latest program 'Photo Order List' I am pleased that it is attracting some attention.

I use the program in much the same way as Fred does and I agree that it helps the user and his/her customers.

As far as combining it into PTE, well I do not think that will be practical without making PTE very cumbersome.

If you make a one page slide show with PTE and then place 2 separate buttons on this page (one to run the PTE.exe and the other to call up Photo Order List, you will find that it all works perfectly.

Ken made the point about "who pays Granot" - the answer is that we should! Granot has worked very hard over the years and richly deserves our support for all the utilities he provides. He does ask for donations (but rarely gets them), hence the promotional price of $35 for Photo Order List. At that price it will pay for itself with the very first order so give it a try!

Maderemark

Welcome to our forum, please do not be disheartened with what you call 'critisism' of your post. It is not intended to critisise you at all. Forums are meant to give people the chance to air thier views and your comments are as welcome as anybody's.

Ron West.

I also have some personal thoughts concerning this idea. It's really not difficult to realize them. However I prefer to leave it until new Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects and new Visual editor (with animations) will be ready.

Currently work on this new v5.00 looks as developing of absolutely new product. Of course, old interface of main window, but fully rewritten slide-show engine. As usually it should be not more than 1,5 MB.

Also we just tested PTE with newest Windows Vista (Beta 1 for developers) and almost no problem. Slide-shows play fine.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts are on this, but right now we are all so looking forward to the new release with Pan/Zoom/Rotate features. I know almost everyday I can see where I would like to use this in PTE. I can't wait for this to come out. I'm also excited to see the new Visual Editor with "Animations" (very cool).

Stay focused Igor, don't let us pull you off track just yet! ;)

Thank you for all you do.

Fred