WnSoft Forums

Help!

Guest guru

Hi all!

I have an old problem, already known by some of you and by Igor too, about the background color.

If I select a background color in Project Options, all works right. But if I don't chose a color (that is I keep the default option, Black, and don't touch anything), in EXE the background appears white because of a mistake in .pte file (opt_bname=-1 instead of =0).

This happens either on my home machine (P2, all Intel, Win2000) and in my main machine in school (P3, WinME).

Has anybody else experienced such problem?

I had a problem where after editing customised pages, they didn't pick up the "Project Options" graduated background I'd chosen. The only way I could get around it was to adjust the background in every single customised page to match the default one in Project Options.

Don't know if this helps or not!

Ian

Surely id doesn't hurt, Granot!

But unluckily also this method is useless...

Other news: this problem (line opt_bname=-1) appears not only in general Project Options, but also in Customized slides. And always either under Win2000 and WinME!

Hi Guido,

You are experiencing a very strange problem. As it looks like depending on a “mistake in pte file (opt_bname=-1 instead of =0), if I’ve well understood, everybody who ‘s running under Win200 or WinME should experience just the same as you, but until now (18/02/11h45), you are the only one.

I checked on my machine : no problem but I’m running under Win98 SE

Your problem reminded me a problem I suddenly experienced some time ago with a graphical program: all the pictures printed from it had inverted colours! Neither graphical program or printer support could help me. Then I decide to uninstall the program and to install it again and everything was running well: program had been corrupted but I don’t know why.

Maybe you are overwriting the new pte programs without uninstalling the older one and this is keeping the “corruption” still present.

I think this suggestion has a very, very few chances to be a good solution as it’s unlikely to have the same “corrupted” pte program on both your machines.

BTW I’m not an expert at all, and many will smile at this very simple idea; but I know to be a Neanderthal man as far as computer matter is concerned.

Sam

Dear Sam, your suggestion was the simplest and the wisest. I had SIX version of PTE installed: I uninstalled all, and reinstalled only 4.00 beta#4. By few fast tests, all seems work right now (the notorious "opt_bname" is at last =0).

Thank you very much!

Just a general comment.

I am so glad to see how people help each other even without knowing or ever seeing them. This is really heart warming just to visit this forum and see such things in our days with all what happens around the world.

I wish all people will just sit and make slideshows.

I agree, Granot. But I didn't think you were so wise!

(I am not sure this adjective expresses exactly what I mean to say, but I cannot find another in English... I hope you can understand)