WnSoft Forums

off topic.. I know someone knows

Bob..

Hi Y'all:

Sitting here with my brand new lap top and notice a Grand daughter finger print. Mmmm.

Wonder how you clean your screens?? Any help will be appreciated..

Bob..

Hi,

To start with, my family tells me I overreact a little bit (just scream very loud: Don't touch!!!) when anyone just as much as points a finger in the direction of my screen.

But, ofcourse once in a while I do have to clean it. I don't have a laptop, but I own an Iiyama Vision Master Pro 512 which is a very clear, flatscreen crt monitor. I am still very much in love with it and clean it with care.

I use someting which is called Screen 99. It comes in a spraycan. Just spray it on your screen, wait for about one minute and then carefully wipe it away with a soft cloth.

Works perfectly.

I don't know where you live, but it is a European product. For laptops I think it is called Safeclean

Hi Bob,

In the 'Trade' we use an alcohol based Fluid, the main ingredient being:- Isopropyl Alcohol. This alcohol is absolutely clear and leaves no residue and dries out quickly. It should be applied with a Lint Free Cloth or Swab)...It removes grease,oils,and other hydrocarbon debris without effecting Plastics. Its also great for cleaning Keyboards. Do not rub hard nor apply pressure. You will find it available in most Office/Computer Equipment Suppliers under the general usage name:- Direct-Thermal-Transfer Printer, Cleaning Fluid in 100ml Bottles. (Inflammible)

(Do not use Domestic Glass/Window Cleaners)

Hope this helps....

Brian.Conflow.