WnSoft Forums

forum AV

Guest damor

Hi Bill,

Going back to Jan 5 in reply to my query about everyone concerned with the project being able to see (if not download) all that has been submitted, you said:

"DaveG,

I will be happy to set things up so that everyone involved with this project has the opportunity to have all resources available to them.....

Bill"

Will you still be able to do this?

Best wishes,

DaveG

Dave, I'm always open to suggestions, but as for now I don't see a real reason to create alot of code to make each individual element available. When I have some time I can probably put some code together so that those involved could download a package which would contain all the material I've received. I would, of course, keep this link up-to-date. I welcome your thoughts and ideas.

Bill

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I usually just lurk but I sent some shots in, I think I have the size,etc right, will someone let me know if I got it right? Hope you can use them.

E.B. West

E.B.,

Yes. Your submission is on my server. If you received an "Upload Successful" page your files were transferred. Thanks for your input. Please feel free to redo or modify your submission as necessary until a cutoff date has been established.

Bill :)

Some have expressed an interest in reviewing project submissions so I've added a link on the upload page which allows a quick review. Obviously the image size has been reduced but hopefully this addition will create further interest in the project. I welcome your comments/suggestions.

Regards,

Bill

Hi everyone.

Its nice to see that the images have started to be submitted.

I have just uploaded mine. Three images giving my interpretation of peace.

just simple images that, together with the title, send out a suggestion of

what we want in life, I hope. In the title I have included the word "PEACE".

So with greatful thanks to bill and all who helped, let's get it underway!

Dave

(damor) :)

Hi to Gillio and all who have submitted images,

They are just what I envisaged , come on guys, lets get snowed under with more

like this.

Bill has been kind enough to give us space and he needs to keep busy so give him some work, (sorry Bill) :lol:

Dave.

Dave,

Has a closing date been set?

I have not submitted yet and do not want to miss out.

DaveG

DaveG,

We have discussed having a timeline for the closure of entries to help stimulate further interest. At present there have only been some 25 images submitted for the project. I will keep the site open until a deadline has been agreed upon.

Regards,

Bill

Dave.

I can only say "that there is no time like the present" "dont put off untill tomorrow, what you can do today" :D

obviously Bill will offer his site for as long as we need it, but, lets not drag it out too long.

If anyone has images to submit I suggest that you post them on Beechbrook within in the next few days so we can see what sort of committment we have. Then we can decide what course to take and decide on a time limit . Submission has been slow, lets hope we get more images from members, come on Igor, You too! :D

Dave

I too cannot believe that there has been such a weak response. I have just looked at the site and at the moment I cannot see any additions since I sent my three a couple of weeks ago. Probably yours has yet to be added DaveG.

Ron [uK]

I also am rather surprised and disappointed at the low response on the Beechbrook site. Maybe one option, if we don't get more people responding, is to open up the number of contributions from those of us who are willing? I can think of a number of other images I could contribute besides the three I posted very early on. But it would be better if we had more people chipping in.

I think Ed has hit the nail on the head. Increase the number of images per person to something between 6 & 10.

This is too worthwhile a project for it to peter out for want of support.

John

My three submissions are not on the "review" page, I was going to ask if they didn't meet the requirements, but I wonder if all the shots haven't been put up yet. Since this is all a volunteer effort, he may not have had time to get all the submissions on the page.

Lets wait till a week today, 3rd of Feb. That is the date I propose as a deadline, your images should be in by then. See how many images we get. Then ask for more if need be.

The big question still remains unanswered, Who's going to produce it?

Dave :unsure:

From the number of responses that this thread has generated I expected that there would have been many more submissions.

Come on guys - let's support Dave.

I too cannot believe that there has been such a weak response.
I also am rather surprised and disappointed at the low response on the Beechbrook site.

May I give my point of view ?

It is very difficult to know what exactly is in process. :(

To have an idea, we have to read numerous posts of this topic ! :blink::blink:

Why not give the precise goals, what we are intended to do and how we can contribute in a unique, clear, pinned topic

.... and keep this one only for remarks or comments ? :)

Well Patrick, we at least know there needs to be many more submissions of photos. For me at least, that means I need still to make time to decide which several of my photos may best say something about "peace." I agree there is a risk of the project losing momemtum, but that is what we often contend with. Or as some might say: "I like the idea, but the devil is in the details." Actually, maybe you would have support from many if you could see fit to sort of manage the project. I know that is presumptious of me to say, but you do very nice work and are smart enough to lead or co-lead such an effort. Maybe someone else is also ready to come further to the front again? :)

Well Patrick, we at least know there needs to be many more submissions of photos.

Folks.... I do not understand why some cannot see their submissions. I have added each image moments after it was sent. There are only 29 images total on the site at this time. This includes all images, even those that were resubmitted. Be sure you are clicking on the NEXT PAGE link at the top of the window. This will show all images on the site.

Many folks have been 'testing' the upload link but have left nothing. I am notified each time a submission is sent, as well as each time someone just 'test' the system. I wish those that like to 'test' what happens when they click the UPLOAD button would come back and leave some of their images. We'd be much further along !!

Regards,

Bill

I also read, with dissapoinment, the lack of understanding and confusion that seems to prevail.

There is also a very slow submission rate, so slow that I wonder if it will indeed ever get of the the ground.

the size of the image is down to the person who submits, the end result is upto the producer. Its up to you to get the images in. After a number of times of asking, there has been no "takers" to to take on the production.

I have been very busy but have found time to upload images in the hope that it would encourage people to submit. in fairness a few have. Thank you. I am New here, So where are all the more experienced people who want to show the images they have in this somewhat, now flagging noble plea for peace, come on everyone SUBMIT YOUR IMAGES, any size, just get them in. And will somebody please step forward and

take on the role of production.

Dave. :(

To Dave and all those who have contributed efforts toward this project...

At various times in my life I have been involved in project management. I agree that here there does seem to be a little confusion with regard to the aims of the project - the concept of 'peace' is huge, and actually quite hard to define (it means many things to many people, and perhaps not all can sit easily together). My hope would be that someone first takes up the role of 'producer', with a part of their role being to define the parameters of the project as understood by the 'producer' themselves. For myself, I would admit to feeling hesitant in contributing images to a project that has 'no face' as such. I did this once, for another project (not here), and was very disappointed (actually angry) at how my images were used. I am sure this would not be the case here, but I would suggest that without a producer there is actually no project.

My own time commitments prevent me from offering 'production' time, but I would certainly contribute as and when there was a visible production ethos.

Finally, I guess... experience would suggest that timescales for such projects nearly always work out to be longer than initially thought. Many projects that are slow to begin with do 'fire- up' a little further down the line - in this case, perhaps, when a producer steps forward? So don't lose heart.

Anyway, just my thoughts...

Beth :)

My hope would be that someone first takes up the role of 'producer', with a part of their role being to define the parameters of the project as understood by the 'producer' themselves. For myself, I would admit to feeling hesitant in contributing images to a project that has 'no face' as such.

I fully agree with your comment as it is exactly what I wanted to say in my recent post.

For now, the goals and how to reach them are rather confusing.