WnSoft Forums

Lame mp3 encoder for Audacity

fitzner

Well, I had to reformat my computer because I had two virsus that I could not remove and it did slow the computer down. For the last three days I have downloaded and uninstalled audacity several times and used the links for the codecs. But I have always had this problem with getting that darn .dll file to work. I have everything saved in program files in the audacity folder as I always do. When I go to audacity to edit a music piece.

I went to to the download page, I clicked a link from the list of identical lame links and unziped it and saved the contents to my audacity file. I edited some music and "Exported as MP3 but I got a prompt saying "UNABLE TO OPEN TARKET FILE FOR WRITING" I was not asked where the tile is found or go to the library.

I added an attachment to show you what is in the audacity file. I the past I always had the actual file

lame_end.dll this time as you see in the attachment I used a 3.96final and when I unzipped it, it did show this lame_end.dll file. I re-started the computer but no encoder file working for audacity.

Harry

post-1883-1136994891_thumb.jpg

I the past I always had the actual file lame_end.dll this time as you see in the attachment I used a 3.96final and when I unzipped it, it did show this lame_end.dll file. I re-started the computer but no encoder file working for audacity.

Harry

Actually you can put the lame_enc.dll (Sic!) anywhere you like (but \System32 is a good choice). But you've got to tell Audacity where it is. See Edit | Preferences | File formats (rough translation from Swedish) in Audacity. See MP3 Export on that tab and browse to your lame_enc.dll.

Not functional yet, this is weird

First off Ken "guidos" link will not work. I downloaded from the lame mirrors and I extractd the whole file to system or system32? So I extracted the whole file first to system and then to system32. I did my music edit and went to edit/preferences/file format and went to windows to find either sys or sys32 but still received the prompt "unable to open target file for writing" It did say prior from the library it was looking for the dll but I could not do that unless I draged it to sys or sys32.

Geez this is probably not making any since.

Harry

go to

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s...l&item=lame-mp3

How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?

Because of software patents, we cannot distribute MP3 encoding software ourselves. Follow these instructions to use the free LAME encoder to export MP3 files with Audacity.

Windows

Go to the LAME download page.

Click on any link from the list of identical "lame-3.96.1" links.

When you have finished downloading LAME, unzip it and save the file lame_enc.dll anywhere on your computer.

The first time you use the "Export as MP3" command, Audacity will ask you where lame_enc.dll is saved.

will email it to you in case you have probs getting it

am sending the complete zip as well as the dll

you old texas coon dog you did look hard enough :))))))

ken

ken

harry still bouncing

The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why

each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <fotos@ruralcomm.com>

Reason: <fotos@ruralcomm.com>: Recipient address rejected: sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkuser)

have you changed addie

email me

ken

:P:) Well, it appears that I made a mistake when trying to enable the mp3 encoder. After formating my computer and saving all important files including music on a CD I was working with a music clip doing some editing from the CD and when I went to save it would not work because I had to first move the music clip over to the HD first and when I did this and then audacity would save correctly.

SO, I LEARNED A LESSON AND even though you have CD's with music saved on them you should first bring it over to your HD first.

B):lol: Harry

:unsure: Well, I was also unsure but now I'm not. I also found out that the reason I was not able to click on any url on the forum page and get a hand was that my peoplePC isp pop up neded to be turned off and the accleration level needed to be on level 1 to make little icons not blurry.

Well, dang :( I guess I am just getting old!

Harry