WnSoft Forums

Welcome!

Igor

Igor:

:lol:

This is again good news. What I feel with this new forum, which I like very much (it has friendly interface and colors and old friends are joining again) is that we are starting from cero. The oldies in the other forum had constructed a big history about PTE, its many facets and possibilities, and we knew of tips, tricks and other goodies, freeware, new competing software, etc. Any efforts on recovering that rich information will be very valuable. I believe that none of us had never thought that such an attitude would be possible. That a provider from one day to the other decides to cut off everything without notice, and that maybe valuable information has been lost. So, if the old forum was hosted at the server where Wnsoft had its site, maybe there are remnants that can be used.

This is very important, because now there are newer newbies and older oldies here. It is certainly open that now some newbies, once they get their experience in PTE, will help too.

:(

It is also a bit boring to see that new questions now, were already old questions then. And several of us just pointed newbies to earlier threads and posts, for a solution. Once Wnsoft will have some additional time left, or maybe grows, it will be highly recommendable that the company keeps a powerful knowledge base, which could be constructed from new and old experience. Forum members have been generous and there were several offers to help on such enterprise. But, even if these have been generous offers, it is hard to implement.

Every effort to recover old information will be much appreciated, and also every effort of Wnsoft to have a knowledge base, will be useful, and I am sure, very fruitful for all.

Regards

Ernst

Ken and Igor:

Yesterday I commented that the connection was slow. Today I must say it is very fast, and I think it may have been due to some international connection, somewhere, maybe here, don´t know. The forum and the threads open almost instantaneously.

:lol:

No problem now.

Regards

Ernst

"Yesterday I commented that the connection was slow. Today I must say it is very fast, and I think it may have been due to some international connection" (Ernst)

The same for me, Ernst. Today the connection is very quick. But on Saturday (and Sunday too, often) it's always the same problem, here...

Welcome back Igor and forum folks, nice to see it again...I think a lot of the old users must be wondering what has happened ( I know I was!) as the forum seemingly vanished into thin air..is there an email address database maintained whereby Igor or others could possibly send out an alert to steer the lost ones back to the fold?? Jim.

I'm back, too! I lurk more than contribute, but I sure did miss checking in everyday. Each day I clicked on the old forum link, only to receive the same stupid and unhelpful message. I was just searching through my personal stash of gems of wisdom copied from the old forum looking for an email address to see if others were experiencing the same problem. Then I got the bright idea to go to the Wnsoft site and look for a new message. No message, but when I tried the forum link, I arrived here.

Igor, perhaps a small notice on your site concerning the disappearance and reappearance of the forum at a new location would be a good idea.

And a suggestion if we can't get the contents of the old forum back -- I would be happy to contribute any topics or portions that I have saved away into a section or topic threads in this forum to make available some of the valuable information we may have lost. Surely many others of you who have participated regularly have some of these gems stored away also.