WnSoft Forums

Synchronization woes

SeaHawk

I have been using PTE for a few years now and have just been doing run of the mill slideshows with my music synchronized to all the slides. I am now trying to get all fancy schmancy and have the first 7 slides go a little quicker than the rest. I am starting off with 7 slides at 2 second intervals and the rest (52) at 5.5 seconds.

When I am at the timeline and hit the "play" button the slideshow runs perfectly the way I have it set up (in the tiny screen) but when I close down the timeline and hit "preview" on my main screen the slides revert back to a equal distribution (Does that make sense)

I am running version 4.46

Any help would greatly be appreciated

I have been using PTE for a few years now and have just been doing run of the mill slideshows with my music synchronized to all the slides. I am now trying to get all fancy schmancy and have the first 7 slides go a little quicker than the rest. I am starting off with 7 slides at 2 second intervals and the rest (52) at 5.5 seconds.

When I am at the timeline and hit the "play" button the slideshow runs perfectly the way I have it set up (in the tiny screen) but when I close down the timeline and hit "preview" on my main screen the slides revert back to a equal distribution (Does that make sense)

I am running version 4.46

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Visit this link for a comprehensive guide to using PTE timeline:

PTE Timeline Guide

It's nearly 4Mb so you'll need a quick line.

myself i always do a save as and create as

then i run from the fresh exe

on occasion i will run from the piece of "toast" but i would have done the above first

i wont say that i have never run preview but very seldom

different strokes i guess:)

ken

Would the problem be your settings on the timeline before you press the OK button? I have within the last couple of days done some tweaking on the timeline without any problems on returning to the main window by pressing OK.

My initial settings in Project Options>Main>Show settings were "Synchronise slide show to music duration" - Checked and "Permit control of show" - Checked.

In the Timeline Window top left "Not synchronised" - Unchecked: "Automatic synchronisation........" - Unchecked; and "Customized synchronisation ......." - Checked.

Does that help?

Whilst we are on the subject of the Timeline we still have not had our wish fulfilled to be able to transfer our individual settings in the main window both for display and effects times to be transferred to the Timeline for final tweaking. We thought we had this sorted last May/June, whilst Andrew was in the UK on holiday, but not so. Or have I missed something.

Ron [uK]

Another thing I noticed tonight.

When I am at the timeline screen, hitting play the slideshow plays as layed out. (first 8 slides at 2 seconds the rest at 5.5 second intervals) When I hit the preview button in the timeline it spreads them out equally.

Anybody have any clues?

This is driving me nuts

Seahawk,

Would it not be that you should be using "Custom Synchronisation" rather than "Auto Synchronisation" ?

The reason being that I have fallen into the trap more times than I care to remember.

Usually my Shows contain images of various durations and I always select 'Customise Slide' from the Main PTE Window and then 'Set own Time Preference' ~ then I run the Custom Sync to tweak the Show.

If I forget to do this and then choose 'Custom Synch' in the Timeline and forget to 'Save' then things start to slip all over the place particularily if the effects transitions are short.

This approach works for me after much burning of midnight oil.

Brian.Conflow.

Brian

I think, if you read Seahawk's reply to my earlier post, that he is using "Custom synchronisation". If you look at my post can you see anything wrong in my settings, as I respect your judgment.

Ron [uK]

Brian

I think, if you read Seahawk's reply to my earlier post, that he is using "Custom synchronisation". If you look at my post can you see anything wrong in my settings, as I respect your judgment.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ron,

I have been off the Air for a while ~ Had terrible problems with new Radio Broadband but all seems to be O.K now ~ I shall wait and see !

Show Synchronisation:- Its very difficult to advise anyone on the 'Synch-Settings' that would suit a particular Show, for instance I never use 'Effects Transitions' below 500mS because although they work perfectly well on a Desktop PC, I can't same the same for Laptop and Portables which in the main tend to 'break-up' with Effects below 500mS timing. Again I use the same Rule with Slide Images. So in my situation I want 'Stability of Show' irrespective of the Operating System, given that it has enough memory to execute the job in the 1st place.

Of course there are other Members whose criteria are 'Special Effects' and this approach may not suit them.

When I use 'Special Slides' to do a specific job I always use 'Customise Slide & Set Time Preference' on the Main PTE Program Window, and I then use Custom-Synchronise settings in the Timeline to "tweak" other things but always leave the 'Specials' alone. (One need a Memo Notepad for this)

If I am doing a WYGIWYS Show I use Customised Synch, just as you are doing, there's nothing wrong with that. However for the 'Special Shows' I have found that 'Customise Slide Settings' offers a level of stability right across the Board that I'm very happy with.

Brian.Conflow.