WnSoft Forums

WinAmp and capture stream audio

skipper

I thought I saw it on this forum but a search did not turn up what I was looking for. I am using WinAmp to listen to some nice slow Jazz and was wanting to capture that and have tried Audiocity but does not work.

Can anyone suggest how to record that music?

Thanks,

I thought I saw it on this forum but a search did not turn up what I was looking for. I am using WinAmp to listen to some nice slow Jazz and was wanting to capture that and have tried Audiocity but does not work.

Thanks,

Essentially you need software to intercept the sound at the sound card. There are severa programs out there which do this but this is the one I use:

http://www.mp3-recorder.biz/

Lin

Thanks,

I use Screamer Radio which is totally free and contains no ads. And you just hit Record in Screamer Radio to save the stream to your hard disk. Go to http://www.screamer-radio.com

(Very nice forum there as well!)

I have been using Audacity but have been getting clicking sounds every minute or so in the recording. I have been using Harddisk.exe to record then work on the file in Audacity.

This is a problem when recording from a sound card. Any sounds generated by good old windows...such as mouse clicks or programs opening...go to the sound card. You must disable Windows generated sounds...or do absolutely nothing while recording is taking place...otherwise you may get clicks..boings...etc.

I recently purchased I-Sound MP3 Recorder software for my wife to record internet radio. It captures direct to MP3 at the bit rate you select and one of it's options is disabling any other applications from using the sound card when recording. It will cost you $30 but seems to work very nicely and very simple to use. You can check it out here:

I-Sound MP3 Recorder

A free solution might be Boombox Internet Radio that also has a record feature that catches the internet stream directly (doesn't use your sound card). It's strictly for internet radio....works with WinAmp. Check it out here:

Boombox

A review of the free Boombox is here:

Boombox Review

ken

:D