WnSoft Forums

APPLE MAC - XP

post-1416-1144284907_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

Here is some good news for XP Owners (See Link)

You may not be aware that the new Microsoft 'Vista' 64 Bit Operating System is fully compatible with the new

'Dual-Core Intel Processors and can run Apple Mac Applications.

Today, it seems that 'Apple Mac' have upstaged Microsoft by releasing their new 'Bootcamp System' which can run 'Microsoft XP-Operating System' side by side with their own.

The new 'Bootcamp-System' is available for download from Apple-Mac as of today ~

Brian.Conflow.

news.zdnet.com/2001-1_22.html

It looks like a winning combination. Apple wins, Microsoft wins. The only loser I can see is Dell and other Windows PC manufacturers.

I will probably buy an intel mac mini if the graphics card can run p2e v. 5. I wonder if Photoshop will run faster on XP or OS 10?

tom

Tom,

You're absolutely correct, as you know Dell and other PC Manufacturers are committed to 'Future Call-Offs' for Component Parts and Software Licences. With respects to Intel,Apple and Microsoft they have given plenty of 'advanced warnings' prior to the Autumn launches of their New Systems, this so that the Manufacturers can dispose of existing and future Stock Inventory.

However the markets don't always perform as expected and this year has seen exceptionally low Sales.

For those considering the purchase of a good PC System or Laptop just keep your "eye's" on the Special Offers which will come on stream just prior to the Summer Vacation months and then around September just prior to the Christmas Stock purchases.

PTE Version V5.1 ~ Well in this respect we do know that Igor had "delayed" V5.1 so that Software enhancements could be incorporated making it suitable for the new '64 Bit.BMP Images' thus making it compatible for the new which 'Dual-Core Processors' coming out of Intel.

Now that 'Apple Bootcamp' has been released - I fully endorse that "delay" - and if memory serves me correctly, last year on the Forum I suggested that there may be a need for 2 Product variations, one for Standard PC Architecture and another for Advanced PC Architecture.

But that remains to be resolved with other issues such as Pan & Zoom and AVI enhancements and at this point in time the PTE Team need all the support they can get as what they are up against is truly monumental !

I wish them well...

Brian.Conflow.