WnSoft Forums

Security Idea

Casey

So now and boy am I having trouble all ways. Timing PTE is a real pain  . . .  I can't work out how to it in the synch window because I need to synch both pic duration and effect duration. (Any ideas most welcome)

Mike,

The synch window is the answer to your problem. If you make sure that there is enough time for the transitions even on slow machines (IOW, leave at least a half second longer than the transition for the slide to display), it works wonderfully on lots of different machines.

It IS a pain to have to exit the synch window and go back to the slide list to put in transitions. The way I do it is I first get all the timing worked out and then go back and enter all my transitions. I expect that Igor will give us a way to set the transtion time and type in the synch window soon... it seems real easy for him to implement and will really save lots of time when doing shows.

Harold

cameraman,

There are dozens of screen capture programs on the market. I'm sure that if you surfed the web for those exact terms, you find many that you can download for free.

I use Paint Shop Pro which has a screen capture built within it. I start up PSP and activate (click on the icon) the screen capture program. I then minimize the screen, so I can run a Pix2Exe slide show. As each slide comes on the screen, I capture it by hitting my F11 key. (You set the key, you want)

When an image is captured, PSP comes up and the captured image is on the screen. I merely save it to my hard drive.

This is what "bugs" some people, that an image can be grabbed.

Hi Marian,

I Construct two shows from 1 show.

The first is a full screen Show with Encrypted header (Password), Basically to deter Extractiion of jpg/Bmp pictures from your show, with a decompiler.

The second is the same as the first But is without password and is in Window mode 300 X 200 - too small to gain the full appreciation of your work, but enough to

wet there appetite.

Also in further using this program, I found that the decrypted show will open itself in the same directory as the encrypted, rather than the TEMP directory on your hard drive. Not good if you burn this to disc as it wont open,(I have worked around this for my own purposes and it works for me...ZIP.

Enjoy the Festivities and New Year B) . Steev

Some of you photographers seem to forget that an upset customer is one that will not recommend your services to other people.

If you maintain a strict policy where you get 60% of your money up front no matter how big the package -- give them a set of 5x5 proofs in an album and then get the order for the rest. If you get a fairly decent order make up an album in p2e and give them 3-4 copies as good will.Don't give them the p2e to study beforehand. If they request more or they may want some changes in the layout of the p2e then charge them. The last thing you need is the cusomer wagging your tail if you cant see some finacial return.

I am speaking from experience -- have married off 3 daughters -- 2 of them i arranged a fellow photographer to do the pictures - he supplied me with the proof album and the 2 1/4 negs - I printed the final - free to direct family - charged to in laws and their friends - the 3rd wedding was out of town and they hired the photographer -- they were lucky to have the money for the proofs -- they had no money for a whole bunch of 8x10's at $30 a pop. B)

We were the only buyers of reprints

If you are going to worry about somebody copying your work you are in the wrong business -- concentrate on doing quality work and building a reputation of giving value, you can't spare the time trying to protect your precious pictures.

Artists would never put their brush to the palette if they were wondering if somebody was going to copy their masterpiece.

I have seen so many beautiful pictures on the net - Han's Slau"s, Fretwell's, Ian's, Rob Wall's or Bussty's to name a few -- shots that other guys dream about - I look at them and say to myself "when i was there all it did was rain" or "why weren't those clouds that way when i took the picture"

or

i might say " if conditions are right and i go back i bet i can get the same results" now is the original photographer going to be ticked off when he sees my picture -- i doubt it

ken

If you are going to worry about somebody copying your work --

What you have written pertains to an obviously passionate Photographer... one with more sense than money?. When your Graphical images are entirely digitaly based constructs, placed caringly into PTE, and embeded into another not so user friendly environment, as a BUY or SAMPLE option, the effort, money and time taken to do such quality work is why i spare the time in trying to protect my efforts from the layman.... up until Payday atleast B)

see

http://208.56.82.71/

Lin Evans Digital Photography Samples

i would like to have a look at his keepers if these are any indication of his digital samples

I think the other day he commented in the forum that he had 25 +- digital cameras.

i see love and patience in every shot B)

and i dont hear him worrying about encryption etc

ken

Sure, it would. But it would also mean that you can't switch away from the show to do something else when a part of the show you have already seen and are not interested in is playing.

That's what we have Windows for.... to be able to do more than one thing at a time. The idea of an application taking over the entire PC is very un-Windows-like!

This is PARTICULARLY relevant for long shows until Igor gives us a way of skipping to a place in a show at execution time.

Harold

Quote: nobeefstu...Such a function is quite effective in detering even the most sauvy user.

However ... PTE does not have this function . Such a function needs to be able to be implemented internally by the compiled show exe. Using external 3rd party apps that execute this function wont work to your benefit.

I realize the PTE program does not have this function...However, it was mentioned several times in the old forum to have this feature.

This feature could be set at the time of creating your show and have it as an option to the maker> Same as the Print Screen key lock that is currently in the program.

This way YOU have the option whether or not you want to protect your photographs.

Just a suggestion.

This way YOU have the option whether or not you want to protect your photographs.

I think it's certainly a reasonable option to have. I just wanted to point out that your users might not be too happy to get a slideshow that completely "takes over" their system when they are accustomed to being able to use Windows to multitask.

But as an option, it certainly seems reasonable to me.

Harold