WnSoft Forums

Slide-show created in PicturesToExe v5.00

Igor

Thank you for your all responses!

It seems that now v5.00 beta slide-shows work on all PCs without serious problems.

Currently in beta #1 speed of movement of objects is linear, but in the the next betas it will be adjustable (with acceleration, deceleration, etc)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the Diapositif's member has a PC with :

- processor Duron 1300 ,

- RAM = 640 MO

- Graphic card MSI with 64 Mo

He says us that on PteShow he has only the sound and on Flowers, nothing.

Do you think that it comes from the graphic card ?

Igor,

Would it be possible to have "Light of the Far Worlds" made with the V5 in order we can see the difference.

"Flowers" demo doesn't contain music.

Yes, I know, but the problem is that this person has nothing on the screen.

Igor, it seems that the problem wasn't about PTE.

Igor,

I have two desktop m/c’s – one for e-mail @ Internet (PC1) and one for graphics (PTE, Photoshop etc) (PC2).

I also have a laptop for projection.

PC1 - (NVIDA GeForce 2 MX)

PteShow.exe – This stutters mainly during the vertical pan, not so much but a little during the horizontal pan

Flowers.exe – Perfect.

PC2 - (NVIDA GeForce FX5600)

PteShow.exe – At first run this stuttered in the vertical pan though much less than on PC1. I then disabled both the antivirus and firewall (eTrust) and ran it again and it was perfect – not a flicker. I switched the firewall on again and got the minor flicker again.

Flowers.exe – Perfect.

Laptop (Compaq nx6215) - (ATI RADION XPRESS 200 M)

PteShow.exe – As PC 1 & 2 – some flicker on the vertical pan. I do not let this m/c near the Internet so some time ago I removed the Norton antivirus from it as I was having trouble with it (not for the first time with this product – on other m/c). However this m/c has what I understand to be a Microsoft Firewall (Windows Security Centre), which I have not been able to find out how to switch off to check whether this is causing the problem.

Flowers.exe – Perfect.

Hope this is of help.

John

Fantastic demo's! Some slight jerkiness on my system if I have processes running in the background, otherwise perfect.

I might consider upgrading my graphics card though - is there a recommended card that is suitable at a reasonable price?

Currently I am usig the: NVIDEA GEFORCE FX 5200.

Ron

Both demos very good on my Radeon 9550 with digital connection to 1280x1024 monitor and Pentium 4 running at 3.4GHz.

Very slight stutter noticeable on horizontal pans when a new image begins to appear — this happens every time this situation occurs and every time I run the demo. Sound quality on pteshow a bit muffled, perhaps the original file wasn't too good?

Occasional slight stutter on flowers demo when new image begins; it seems that loading and preparing the next image stresses my system just a little too much.

No sign of memory overun mentioned by others.

Overall — absolutely marvellous!

Just want to say, that I am very impressed with the smoothness on my Laptop. Pentium Celeron 1.8ghz with 1 GB ram and a build in Intel Extreme Graphics 2 card with share memory (64 mb). On PTESHow, only a bit bumpy when the two other photos with the white frames are coming in, otherwise amasingly smooth! Great job, looking forware to the beta.

Johann van der Walt

Very slight stutter in flowers just after the fade into a new slide completes. pteshow is noticeably jerky in small ways for most transitions and movements. No trouble with sound.

Dell Insipron D610 laptop (Pentium M 2GHz, 1GB ram, XP SP2), ATI Mobility Radeon X300, Internal DAC(400MHz), 64MB

Robert

Thanks Igor.....

PTE show and Flowers:

look wonderful on my husband's machine running AMD Athlon MP XP1800+ with NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX 440

- generally very smooth on panning and zooming with some very minor jerks (almost imperceptible).

Neither will load at all on my machine running AMD Athlon 3400+ with 1.5 Gig RAM but it's using an old 3D Prophet II MX. Looks like I need to buy a new graphics card for this machine. Any suggestions please?

Chris :)

we are not hearing much about the fractals in members testing

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....st=entry27693

Please look at this example:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/Fractal.zip (1 MB)

Here you see 25 images and 25 text labels on one slide.

ken

To answer Ken's comment, I have tried the fractal example. It runs ok but there is a definite pause between each new image position. The graphics card is a Raedon 9200, AMD 2.8GHz processor and 1GB memory.

In considering the potential performance of PTE V5.0, what are the implications of the performance of the various computer parameters, e.g. processor speed, buss speed, amount of memory, type of graphics etc. Is the graphics card performance the most significant isssue?

Jeff

Hi,

PC GeForce 5200 128MB - PteShow and Flowers fine.

Laptop Intel 8284 5G/GL 64MB - Flowers fine. PteShow not smooth especially during transitions

Malcolm

Hi Igor

PTE Show demo runs fine on my system with a Radeon 8500 graphics card.

With all your super effects, I hope you will include some notes in V5.00 on how to set up the various parameters. Even so, I am sure the Forum will be buzzing with help and suggestions!!

Well done.

Cheers

Boogie

Hi All

It works fine on my machine which is a Matrox G 450, and a screen res. of 1280 X 1024.

There is a slight jekiness on scrolling down the tree but not enough to be offputting.

George

Add correction it is a Matrox G 550 card.

George

I am also using a Matrox Millenium 550 card.

Notice the same jerkiness on scrolling down (or is it up?) the tree. All other effects run very smoothly. I very much like the quality of the pictures!

However in the Flowers show I find the fading very unsmoothly. Can't think why, because this is a show with small pictures.

I am using a 3.2 Ghz Pentium processor with 1 Gig DDR ram

Igor:

I think as you say you have lots of feedback re various video cards.

I know we will sort it all out in the weeks to come, but what sizes (KB) are the files in the two shows?

I realize PTESHOW has larger file sizes (KB) with the 2400x1500 pixel sizes vs the 1024x768 Flowers show.

But for those of us who might not be upgrading to another video card for the full dizzying :):) effects it would be nice to know where to start our experiments with file (KB) sizes

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

see

ken

I don't know what you're looking for since I don't know anything about fractals, or computers for that matter, but I ran it and it was noticably jerky. I have the ATI Mobility X600 w/256MB

see

ken

I only get two very slight pauses about 1/3 of the way then approx 2/3.

I am useing ATI Radion X300 SE. Apart from that very smooth.

RayC