Slide-show created in PicturesToExe v5.00

Igor

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fractals also ran very smoothly on my desktop machine as I had expected. I'm sure everyone is very excited about v5.0 beta when it is available. I noticed some members having slight problems with smooth pan/zoom with the demos. When I set up my new machine last year, I did a lot of research on high end graphics hardware to get best quality. It's hard to beat the Nvidia 7800GTX chip for the video card with 256Mb RAM. Also I am running Directx 9.0c, which I believe is MS latest version.

For those interested in testing their graphic processors, the FutureMark benchmark tests will tell what your machine will do in graphics. A free demo can be found at http://www.futuremark.com/download/3dmark06/ which is the latest version. I have 05 which is still available. If you can't run 3dmark05 it may not mean that PTE v5.0 won't work correctly, but if 05 does work, it will also work fine for PTE.

Bill

Igor,

Could you please also post video output from PTE 5.00 for us to download?

Thanks.

Al,

Please tell me more. What version of DirectX you had before? Where you download new version and what version of Windows (with SP2 or not) you have?

It's a very important information for me.

Igor,

I was searching for updated drivers for my ATI Radeon 9600 card as you suggested and one of the pages I visited suggested I update the DirectX. So, I logged onto this Microsoft Website and downloaded and installed DirectX version 9.0c. The "PteShow.exe" show now runs fine, without the little hitch half-way thorugh the scrolling title, "Create your slide-show".

I never did find any updated drivers for the ATI card, but everything is smooth now.

Sorry, but I don't know which version of DirectX I had before.

Maybe PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #1 will be published already on Monday, May 1st.

Generally we don't work this day, but exceptionnally we are ready :-)

Oh I am SOOOO Happy! Soo Happy!!! :P:P:P

It works! Better than I imagined (and I have a marvelous imagination!)

My Toshiba laptop with an Intel something and 1.6 GHz other and an Intel 852/855 64 Mb Graphics thingy works spendidly.

Ok. Maybe not PERFECTLY. But deliciously close to perfect.

The Fractal Show was a teensy bit jerky by spells. But then I have SQL server and Firefox and IE and a Word document open, not to mention a dozen other toys running including my wireless network. Does all that stuff make any difference? I'll shut all that stuff off after I am done playing with it, and try just the Fractal show.

I am Dancing over the bed and across the chairs.

Whoo Hooo!

(bowing Low) --> Thank you Mr. Igor!

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for delay in posting this, but I've been off-line for the past four weeks and am playing catch-up. Also apologies if this isn't the best current thread for posting this, but it was an appropriate place on May 1 so here goes.

Have downloaded Igor's two demo shows and was able to run both of them successfully with no visible problems at 1600x1200 screen resolution (using a CRT monitor wired to the laptop) on a Dell Inspiron 9200 laptop with Intel Centrino 1 GB RAM 2 GHz system and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 AGB graphics card with 128 MB of video memory. Haven't tried the shows on the laptop screen but that's a moot point, as I never run AV shows on that screen nor use it for serious editing of photos nor AV shows due to colour and contrast calibration issues.

Whether/how often I'll actually use the pan and zoom feature in the final release remains to be seen, but the shows run just fine on my system FYI. Will hold off trying the software until the final release, I have limited patience with beta releases especially early ones, but I assume if the shows run OK on my system the software should too.