WnSoft Forums

Can't get slides to appear in desired order

Shakes

I've got a slightly older version of Pictures To Exe (4.31).

I've always created slideshows that were timed and had no problems with slide order - they played back in the order they were in the list.

Now, I need to show slides "manually" i.e., I press the mouse button to show the next slide. I originally just unchecked the feature "Show slides for ..." (x secs) and the slides did not appear in the correct order. I visited this forum and did a search and found that it might have something to do with the EXIF information. I checked that and it wasn't the case. I checked the file created date/time and the file modified date/time and neither shows a pattern for why the slides do not appear in the order I want them to.

So I changed the slide duration to 0. Nope.

I changed the slide duration and checked the box that I wanted the slides to be automatic BUT input a time of 180 seconds figuring that action would sort out the order but that I could press the mouse button and "intervene" to interrupt the timer. Nope.

Can anybody throw some light (excuse the pun) on this?

I'm sorry if I have missed an obvious FAQ but I hve looked!

ADVthanksANCE,

Shakes

Guest Techman1

Shakes,

Welcome to the forum. Under Project Options, then Main, make sure you don't have the following box checked:

"Display slides in random order"

Also, it doesn't cost anything (currently) to upgrade to the latest version. I would recommend downloading it and installing it right away. It is quick and shouldn't impact your current project negatively.

Good luck and please advise if I've missed the mark on your current problem.

Regards,

Fred

Thanks Fred for the advice but no joy!

I downloaded the latest file and installed it. I created a new slide file and (after making sure that the box for "random order" was unchecked) I added slides by clicking the first JPEG (at the top of the list) and then using the shift key, slected about 10 in all to add to the slideshow.

When I previewed the show, it showed the first slide (correct) then jumped to the last slide and showed the rest in reverse order!

I thought I might be onto something here and individually selected JPEGs one at a time starting with the 10th in the list and gradually adding them one by up to the first slide at the top. I thought if it was going to show them in reverse order then I would add them in reverse order - a kind of perverse logic!

And it kinda worked. It shows the slide at the top of the list first then shows the last slide and continues on up the list in reverse order.

I can't really complain 'cos the software is relatively cheap and the upgrades are free and it does what I want 99% of the time but this is so frustrating!

Paul (Shakes) Timon.

Am I embarrassed or what?!?!

I loaded the P2E on my other PC and it worked fine. After a bit of messing about the answer hit me. I'm using a Wacom tablet on my PC that I'm having the problem on and it's the pen that is giving me the problem.

I went back to the mouse, blew the dust off it and it worked just fine.

My apologies to all of you for giving you a problem that didn't exist and thanks for taking the time out to help me.

I'm now going to hide away in a dark room!

Paul (Shakes) Timon.