• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two other little suggestions for a future version :

- a time ruler in % above the O/A timeline

- a balloon help for time keypoints (sometimes some of them are so close that you can see what their time is)

Igor, please, tell me if those constant suggestions bother you and if you would prefer that I make them after the final release... :unsure:

thedom,

You are always welcome! No problem. You see that we add some new features on the fly on request.

We're trying now to complete beta #3 with all promissed improvements.

Thanks Igor.

So what do you think of this one ? :unsure:

(Just a suggestion : buy ball and chain... and push me at the bottom of a lake ! :lol: )

I don't know how much work it would need to do it and even if it's feasible, but in a future version, i would find find interesting that images have by default the name of the file.

Just an idea... :)

thedom,

Sorry, I don't know your name.

I did today that selected keypoint always visible above other keypoints.

Tell me please more in several phrases about timer ruler in Visual editor.

As I wrote earlier in beta #3 images-objects will have name of file.

Bonjour Igor,

I have a little problem when using "Fit to screen" option for the backgroud (jpg file) : I have a black screen.

I am in Full screen mode.

thedom,

Sorry, I don't know your name.

My name is Dominique, but my firends call me Dom.

=> TheDom :)

I did today that selected keypoint always visible above other keypoints.

Great ! Thanks.

Tell me please more in several phrases about timer ruler in Visual editor.

Actually, instead of my solution, I'm gonna explain you my need and I'm sure you (or other members) gonna find a very elegant solution.

So here it is :

Suppose you have a 47,8 sec slide.

This slide starts at 1 min 25, 8 sec

And you want in this slide to have 5 images displayed each the exact same amount of time.

Right now, you have two solutions :

- approximately put you keypoints on the timeline

- calculate each keypoints ! :huh:

Having a ruler in % (0 to 100% with graduations) just above the timeline in the O/A would help you to visually add keypoints very precisely without having to calculate the time keypoints.

By default, this ruler would "cover" the whole timeline.

But a very nice feature would be also ti have the ability to decrease this ruler and to move it wherever you want on the timeline (to only cover the time beetween two keypoints by example).

Do you see what I mean ? :unsure:

As I wrote earlier in beta #3 images-objects will have name of file.

Oops, sorry, i'm afraid i missed it. :huh:

Thanks anyway, it's a great news ! :)

Having a ruler in % (0 to 100% with graduations) just above the timeline in the O/A would help you to visually add keypoints very precisely without having to calculate the time keypoints.

By default, this ruler would "cover" the whole timeline.

But a very nice feature would be also ti have the ability to decrease this ruler and to move it wherever you want on the timeline (to only cover the time beetween two keypoints by example).

If you want to SEE what I mean, you can download this show (made with PTE) here.

But while doing this show, I thought about two things :

- may be this ruler is not such a good idea because a little bit complicated to use. :huh:

I think we can make rid of the ability to decrease and to move the ruler and only keep the ruler itself which would stay still.

What do you think ?

- may be it would be nice to make a tutorial on PTE... with PTE !

I really have to think about it deeper. :P

If you want to SEE what I mean, you can download this show (made with PTE) here.

But while doing this show, I thought about two things :

- may be this ruler is not such a good idea because a little bit complicated to use. :huh:

I think there should at least be some graduations along the timeline - perhaps one could toggle between % and seconds. They should start at 0 at the start of the transition to that main slide.

I prefer seconds, as that way one can relate the position of each object to a particular time in the accompanying music.

I agree that the ruler shown in your example might be too complicated.

Nice demo though - shows how useful the new PTE will be in creating tutorials. :)

- may be it would be nice to make a tutorial on PTE... with PTE !

I really have to think about it deeper. :P

Very interested in your ruler.exe program. As you may have seen, Lin Evans and myself are considering combining forces to update the tutorial material we both have produced separately, when the next beta PTE version comes out. I have noted your comments on the previous version and will incoporate them in the next revision, plus including any new or changed features.

How did you produce Ruler.exe. Did you take a number of screen shots and then compile them into a PTE show? I was thinking of using Widows Media encoder to produce a video tutorial. This may be quicker than having to make a large number of separate screen shots and then make up the PTE show.

Jeff

In beta #3

- Slide-shows will work more smooth on old video cards or old PC.

- Slide-show starts on 30% faster.

- New slides load almost in 2 times faster

- Antiviruses and other programs with high load in background don't disturb to work of slide-shows anymore.

We scheduled only to rework initialization of video mode, but after rewritting of all code we found these several useful optimizations :)

How did you produce Ruler.exe. Did you take a number of screen shots and then compile them into a PTE show? I was thinking of using Widows Media encoder to produce a video tutorial. This may be quicker than having to make a large number of separate screen shots and then make up the PTE show.

Jeff

Jeff,

I only used a single screenshot (1280x1024) for this exe.

And I used three .png files :

- ruler

- regular cursor

- hand cursor

And I applied pan to the ruler and to the cursors.

As you can see, the file is only 399 ko.

I think I'm gonna try to make a little tutorial (how to make a panoramic in PTE by example) to see what you guys think about it...

I think there should at least be some graduations along the timeline - perhaps one could toggle between % and seconds. They should start at 0 at the start of the transition to that main slide.

Al,

I agree 100% (and even more ! :lol: ) especially with this "start at 0 sec".

Just a quickie (soz if already covered, but link would be appreciated).

I just downloaded 5.00 (Beta #2) and tried an 'old' faithful presentation project, but the timings and some of the transitions have all gone to pot.

There are many fast and beautifully timed transitions that I just do not want to re-work.

Do I have to go through all of my work and re-do?! One does hope not!!

[previous version 4.44]

All advice gratefully received. Thanks.

J :ph34r: G

I just downloaded 5.00 (Beta #2) and tried an 'old' faithful presentation project, but the timings and some of the transitions have all gone to pot.

Do I have to go through all of my work and re-do?

You had best wait until v.5 is officially released - right now it is in "beta" format (for Igor to get feedback and work out the bugs), and as such does not have all of the features from v.4 activated yet. It's not likely that any of your existing v.4 shows will work fully yet in v.5.

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #2

Before you download new version and new examples of slide-shows please attentively read the next text:

1) It's a very earlier beta and it temporarily doesn't include many features and functions existed in previous versions. Currently it contains only Fade and Circle transition effects and not synchronized background music which starts a little earlier than first slide. If you didn't find some function, it means that it's not implemented yet, because this version of PicturesToExe was fully re-written.

:)

Thanks for the quick response guys.

Just for the record, however, and if Igor needs to know, I notice that the Timeline preview (in the small window) the presentation runs as it did before, it just goes funny in the full screen PREVIEW.

Hopefully this will indeed be sorted.

Another quick question; I want to play with the new BETA but not much in the HELP to assist me. I love visiting the forum, but it will be a slow process if this is the only place I can come to find out how the new stuff / features works(despite you beautiful people being so responsive).

Where do I go for concise, yet comprehensive instruction when there is nothing much in the help files?

Is there a user manual?

Many thanks. J :ph34r: G

Is there a user manual?

There are two tutorials :

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....indpost&p=28668

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....indpost&p=29312

But because v5 is still in a beta and doesn't include yet all features of the previous version, they will evolve...

Don't forget to use Search. That's how I found your answer. :)

Gracias mucho mis amigos. These tutorials will keep me out of mischief for a while longer ;-)

J :ph34r: G

Thanks, Igor - I knew you could do it! :) Thanks for taking the time to add this to your many priorities. It will make programming the objects and moving them around much more consistent.

I also support JP's request for the option to have all the "children" objects be able to inherit all of the characteristics of the parent, including opacity.

Igor,

I tried out the new rectangular "rectangle", and moving objects around from one level to another now works perfectly! Thank-you so much! :):)