WnSoft Forums

Here's a little Puzzle for you to figure out :-)

Lin Evans

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well !

If I want to play again, I can add 300 and more objects: each animation/object use only 50ko in video card memory.

It's important to know for the users and guests: for an animation in V5, don't go beyond the ability of your video card memory, but keep in a little bit under the "mushroom" :) !

don't go beyond the ability of your video card memory, but keep in a little bit under the "mushroom" :) !

LOL Michel !

I was trying to understand what you are explaining when I realized that it's a french expression translated in english.

I don't know if it makes sense for the others but I find it really funny. :lol::lol::lol:

Well !

If I want to play again, I can add 300 and more objects: each animation/object use only 50ko in video card memory.

It's important to know for the users and guests: for an animation in V5, don't go beyond the ability of your video card memory, but keep in a little bit under the "mushroom" :) !

Hi Michel,

Here's a link to a low RAM version of the "Puzzle" I did. Each PNG is much smaller, but in doing this I loose the ability to automate the positioning so it's probably not worth doing - takes WAY too long....

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/puzzlesmallRAM.zip

Best regards,

Lin

LOL Michel !

I was trying to understand what you are explaining when I realized that it's a french expression translated in english.

I don't know if it makes sense for the others but I find it really funny. :lol::lol::lol:

This is what Alta Vista Babel Fish gives me when I translate it back into French:

"n'allez pas au delà des capacités de votre mémoire de carte vidéo, mais gardez dedans un peu sous le 'champignon'". Don't know if it has the same meaning or not. My "Collins" dictionary doesn't list any idioms. :)

Thanks, Igor, but I think we'll have to try to do the lightest slideshows as possible in order evrybody can see them.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Try this one - it's still 32 layers but much smaller in terms of RAM video requirements. Probably not worth doing though for the future because it's way too time consuming to get the positioning correct.

Best regards,

Lin

Perfectly and obsolutely smooth on my system !

Thanks Lin.

Hi Ken,

Something strange - I can't figure out why the link has p23 rather than p2e?????

It works for me on the link on the page above you reply but here it is again just in case:

Best regards,

Lin

Better as preview, perfect and smooth now at home: thanks for your work again. It's "speaking".

Later, TODO will perhaps improve the position, but beta is beta and "anything in his time" is an excellent method for the magician who makes what he can: thank you Igor !