WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #3

Igor

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #3

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.5 MB)

What's new in beta #3:

+ Slide-show starts on 30% more quick than in beta #2

+ Slide-show works more smooth on old video cards.

+ Solved problem with smoothness of Pan/Zoom effects because of activity of antiviruses.

+ Loading of slides speeded up in 2 times.

+ Visual editor:

+ Added "Transparent for Click" option for objects. It's useful e.g. if you have "mask" image will cover other objects. An object with this option will impossible to choose visually only via List of Objects.

+ Added "Ignore Not Selected objects" option in popup menu of "Tools" button. It's useful if you need to work with some selected object laying under other objects, and other objects bother to work with that object.

+ Added "Time range" parameter for objects. These two values means time interval where an object is visible on the screen.

+ Press Ctrl+S to quicky save project when you in Visual editor or in "Customize synchronization" window.

+ Filename of selected object displays in the status bar.

+ Added "Undo All Changes" and "Redo All Changes" to popup menu on "Tools" button click in Visual editor.

+ "Add image" allows to insert several new images at once.

+ Thickness of smoothing line in percents now.

+ "Close show after last slide" and "When show ends keep last slide in show on screen" option work again.

+ Almost synchronized start of music. We'll rework work with music in the next beta #4

+ Various other improvements.

* Fixed bug with appearing of horizontal line in slide-show with some aspect ratio values.

* Fixed bug with File Tree when Nero Scout v7.0.1.4 installed. It's was not our bug.

* Fixed bug in "Create backup in ZIP" function.

* Fixed bug with timeline in Visual editor if slide longer than 1 hour.

Music still not fully synchronized. We'll fully comple work on synchronization in beta #4

Thank you for the help and testing of beta #2

Please let me know about any problem you find.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry that we worked so long time on the beta, but we didn't skip even one business day.

Now new graphical engine is ready, and we will quickly realize "old" transition effects, AVI video support, some functions and re-activate "old" CPU based graphical engine for old video cards.

Igor,

I am sure you fulfilled a lot of people's dreams today! Thank-you so much for all the efforts by you and your team on this.

I am sure we will be giving you lots of feedback over the days ahead. Hopefully it won't lead to a lot of extra work for you. Better take a break now! :)

I really love your "Transparent for Click" and "Ignore Not Selected objects" options !

I was wondering how you would add this function (remenber my discussion about it with Al ? :lol: ) and I just can tell that it works perfectly well and are really very convenient to use. Bravo !

To be honest, I was waiting for the "add text" functions and the "sub-options for PZR" but I will nicely wait for the next beta. ;)

I quickly tried each improvement of this beta. Really excellent work !

There is just something I couldn't figure out what it is :

"Thickness of smoothing line in percents now."

Could you please tell me more ?

Anyway, thanks again to you and your team. :)

Hi Igor,

In Beta #2 when running in "Windowed Mode" and a 1280x853 show my show was displaying full width in the centre of the screen with black line top and bottom.

In Beta#3 it is showing full width at the top of the screen with a large black line at the bottom. This does not look right?????

Also I cannot select "Windowed Mode".

My show is Custom:1.5 and 1280x853.

Is this a problem? Is there something I have missed?

DaveG

Igor,

Thanks for all your hard work on Beta#3. You must have a great team. Just two very very minor points to mention.

1. The "Transparent For Click" and "Ignore Not Selected Objects" functions appear to produce identical results. If you select "Ignore Not Selected Objects" then there does not seem to be any need for "Transparent For Click", as you can select an object which is behind another one and vice versa.

2. Assuming that there is a need for both functions, might I suggest that the labels be :

- "Transparent To Selection"

- "Ignore Objects Not Selected"

Incidentally these functions are a great improvement over Beta#2 as Thedom has mentioned above, and make the manipulation of objects much easier.

Jeff

Hi Igor,

Regarding Windowed Mode - I guessed that it was not available.

But why is my show appearing at the TOP of the screen with no black line above and WIDE black line below.

It was not this way in Beta #2? The show appeared in the centre with the same thickness black line top and bottom. Why has this changed?

Will I have to go back to Beta #2?

DaveG

Thank you Igor for all that you do.

You still made cross a stage with PTE.

Now that the version beta 3 left, we await all impatiently beta 4 and so on.

We are greedy and let us want we always more.

Thank you for all that you still do and will make

Jeff,

Thanks for right names for these functions! I appreciate your correction.

These are difference options however.

David,

I guess you changed Fullscreen mode to Windowed when worked on the your project in beta #2. Because beta #3 doesn't support Windowed mode, you see damaged view of a slide. Please open .pte project file in Notepad and set opt_scr_full=1 (instead of opt_scr_full=0)

Also I think that no problem with newely created projects in beta #3?

May I add my thanks also. I will now be able to show all of my experiments to Sutton Camera Club at my Chairman's Evening next week without having to press ESC after each. I thought something big was about to happen earlier this evening when I couldn't open the Forum. Since then I have been watching England v Sweden.

Ron [uK]

I have upgraded all of my short "experiments" to Beta #3 and can confirm "Slide-show works more smooth on old video cards". My main computer has Nvidia GeForce 2MX installed. I am wondering now if I need to upgrade, as I originally intended. Maybe I should wait and see how other sequences behave.

I have yet to try my projects on my Royale Digital Projection Unit, which has a similar video card but a different OS (Windows ME).

Ron [uK]

Hi Igor,

Many thanks - that worked. You were correct that I set Windowed Mode when I created the Beta 2 show.

I will await Beta 4 for the reinstatement of Windowed Mode and synchronisation of music functions.

I looked at all of the new features and agree with Jeff about the renaming of "Ignore Objects Not Selected".

I will find this more useful than the "Transparent for click" but I can see a use for both.

I quickly found that some of the new features (e.g. file names in Objects Pane) are not applied when opening a Beta 2 project in Beta 3 but apply to all new additions to the project.

In the "Project Options" there is some loss of text in the line: "Permit control of show …"

The Time Range is a very useful feature but gets a little difficult to interpret toward the end of a long show. Could it read out in Minutes / Seconds and parts of a second?

Thanks for all of your work and long hours (!).

DaveG

Hi Igor,

I looked at all of the new features and agree with Jeff about the renaming of "Ignore Objects Not Selected".

I will find this more useful than the "Transparent for click" but I can see a use for both.

DaveG

DaveG,

Interested to know how you think the two features you mention above can be used differently. I need to be sure I understand all the features when re-wrting the user guide.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,

"Transparent for click" is applied one object at a time just to get a large blocking object at the front out of the way so that the objects "behind" it can be selected with the mouse and PZR effects applied.

"Ignore objects ..." is a global command for all of the objects on that main image so that PZR effects can be applied to any object, including the blocking object, by first selecting them in the object list.

Igor,

These commands work fine - just what we needed. Thank-you! :)

Now you can add image with grid and set "Transparent for Click" option. And it will not disturb to work with other objects on a slide.

Igor,

Thanks again - this application will be very useful. And also for the moving map route. :)

Wow Igor,

Thank you once again for the new beta version.

This is such an educational program. Since starting to use it several versions ago I have learnt a lot about photoshop and photo manipulation. Now my son has had to teach me all about X & Y axis. I keep a calculator by my computer, what else will I learn in future versions apart from the obvious of doing briliant slide shows.

Must get better on the photography.. :(

Thank you for your dedication.

Glenys

Please let me know about any possible problems/error messages with beta #3

It's very important for us, because I consider that we finished new graphical core of PicturesToExe and now we're working on other features.

Igor,

What plans do you have, if any, for enabling listening to the background music while "playing" the timeline in "Objects/Animations"?

Jeff,

"Transparent for click" is applied one object at a time just to get a large blocking object at the front out of the way so that the objects "behind" it can be selected with the mouse and PZR effects applied.

"Ignore objects ..." is a global command for all of the objects on that main image so that PZR effects can be applied to any object, including the blocking object, by first selecting them in the object list.

Igor,

These commands work fine - just what we needed. Thank-you! :)

Thanks Al,

I had not appreciated that you could now select more than one object and then apply PZR. You are right, both commands are required. Just checking!

Jeff