WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #3

Igor

Lin is correct,

The Left/Right arrows on screen allow navigation between keypoints but the Left/Right keys on the keyboard only work after you have mouse clicked on a keypoint.

The strange thing is that once you get the Left/Right keys activated they work for all slides in the show not just the slide you were working on (if you use the Next/Previous slides arrows).

However if you come out of O&A and return you have to "Activate" the Left/Right keys again.

DaveG

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lin,

It works OK for me. You have to have a keypoint highlighted before the arrow buttons will function. Sometimes when you first click on an object there is no keypoint highlighted until you click on one.

Hi Al,

I should have been more clear. It's the "keyboard" arrows where the bug appears to be. Even if there is a keypoint actuated when you click on an object in the object list, the keyboard arrows don't function for navigation purposes until you click on a different keypoint.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin is correct,

The Left/Right arrows on screen allow navigation between keypoints but the Left/Right keys on the keyboard only work after you have mouse clicked on a keypoint.

The strange thing is that once you get the Left/Right keys activated they work for all slides in the show not just the slide you were working on (if you use the Next/Previous slides arrows).

However if you come out of O&A and return you have to "Activate" the Left/Right keys again.

DaveG

Hi Dave,

Thaks for the clarification - I should have said keyboard arrowys.. the mouseclick arrows work fine. It is rather strange - something simple I think and easy to fix.

Best regards,

Lin

The keypoints for each object are vary close together and it is difficult to select a keypoint to adjust it because you can only select a keypoint by clicking on the time label.

May be Igor could you consider to give the ability to zoom on the timeline in a future version ?

I should have been more clear. It's the "keyboard" arrows where the bug appears to be. Even if there is a keypoint actuated when you click on an object in the object list, the keyboard arrows don't function for navigation purposes until you click on a different keypoint.

Igor seems to be a little reluctant to add keyboard functions, especially if they are used for something else somewhere else in the program, so I suspect that may be why he included the arrow buttons. For example, we requested some time ago that the space bar be used for pausing and restarting the preview along the timeline, and there was some reason why he couldn't do that, even though once you have clicked on "play", the next time you hit the spacebar it will "pause" the preview, and toggle it on and off after that.

:)

Actually, P2E has always had the ability to use two audio tracks. You have the first as a "background" then you have the ability to add voiceover, other music, whatever by adding it to a slide. It can transcend slides, that is continue from one to the next so you could have a running narration over the course of a slideshow by starting with slide one and just continuing with the voice-over, etc.

Actually I have never had any success in using two audio tracks. I particularly want to have background musis through the whole slideshow and then a voiceover for certain slides. How do you do this please??? I can't find a tutorial of any kind relating to this.

:)

Actually I have never had any success in using two audio tracks. I particularly want to have background musis through the whole slideshow and then a voiceover for certain slides. How do you do this please??? I can't find a tutorial of any kind relating to this.

Click on "Project Options" then click the "Music" tab, put a check in "Play Background Music" the add the selections for background music through the menu.

For voiceover or single slide sounds click on the Browse (on far right of the Sound Tab) from the Main Screen and add the sound track for the individual slide.

Lin

For voiceover or single slide sounds highlight the slide you want to add sound to in the slide list and either double click on the slide in the slide list or click on the "Custmize Slide" tab (next to Object Editor) and add the wav file with voiceover, etc. here.

Lin

This does not work for me in Beta. No sound.

Andreas

Nettleton,

I covered this briefly in my "PTE 101" tutorial, available on Beechbrook.

One other thing to consider when using the "sound" line on the main window for adding narration, don't forget to check "Don't interrupt sound comment when new slide appears" under the "Music" tab in "Project options" if you want some narration to span more than one slide. Otherwise, the next slide will cut it off.

By the way, I used this "sound" line in my tutorial and it worked just fine. However, there is one other thing to consider and that is sound volume. After a while my background music becomes a little monotonous, and over-powers the narration in places, so if you want really sophisticated background sound / narration, it is best to blend it all together in a sound editor. This allows you to tone down the music when the narration is on, and turn it back up in the spaces in between. In other words, you have more control over the two "tracks". :)

Click on "Project Options" then click the "Music" tab, put a check in "Play Background Music" the add the selections for background music through the menu.

For voiceover or single slide sounds click on the Browse (on far right of the Sound Tab) from the Main Screen and add the sound track for the individual slide.

Lin

Many thanks for this information - much appreciated.

Having audio fade-out capabilities would be really convenient, but since there are a number of great and basically "free" audio editors readily available (such as Audacity), it's not been a priority. I've found that I can get by really well by using outside editors for sound tracks.

Lin

Thank you again, Lin. For an outside audio editor to use in conjunction with P2E, would Audacity be your first recommendation (or are there better ones you'd recommend)? I have Premiere Elements and I can use the audio editor in Premiere and save the audio as a single MP3 file that can be brought into P2E, but perhaps this is too cumbersome an approach. ??

Don

Thank you again, Lin. For an outside audio editor to use in conjunction with P2E, would Audacity be your first recommendation (or are there better ones you'd recommend)? I have Premiere Elements and I can use the audio editor in Premiere and save the audio as a single MP3 file that can be brought into P2E, but perhaps this is too cumbersome an approach. ??

Don

Hi Don,

Audacity works well, but any audio editor should be fine. I haven't used Premiere Elements but that should work.

Best regards,

Lin

Nettleton,

I covered this briefly in my "PTE 101" tutorial, available on Beechbrook.

One other thing to consider when using the "sound" line on the main window for adding narration, don't forget to check "Don't interrupt sound comment when new slide appears" under the "Music" tab in "Project options" if you want some narration to span more than one slide. Otherwise, the next slide will cut it off.

By the way, I used this "sound" line in my tutorial and it worked just fine. However, there is one other thing to consider and that is sound volume. After a while my background music becomes a little monotonous, and over-powers the narration in places, so if you want really sophisticated background sound / narration, it is best to blend it all together in a sound editor. This allows you to tone down the music when the narration is on, and turn it back up in the spaces in between. In other words, you have more control over the two "tracks". :)

Just picked this up - thank you very much. Will now download 'PET 101' Tutorial. The support provided on this forum is just the best!!

Bug report?

I downloaded PTE 5, Beta #3 and installed it.

Go to:

Project Options

Comments

Customized comments

Click checkbox

Select Picture Name and then run the show.

The file name does not appear!

I tried this on ver 4.45 which still is on my computer and it works fine.

Thanks for a great product!

Marian

Go to:

Project Options

Comments

Customized comments

Click checkbox

Select Picture Name and then run the show.

The file name does not appear!

I tried this on ver 4.45 which still is on my computer and it works fine.

Marian,

It's probably one of the several features not yet activated in v.5.

It seems that there are no bugs in v5.00 beta #3?

No, Igor, no bug, quite boring... :lol:

But I have a suggestion of improvement :

on the timeline, the ability to select several keypoints and to move them all with the mouse at the same time (instead of only one right now) keeping the same time there is between each of them.

And why not, the ability to delete all the keypoints you select at the same time (even if I think it's much less usefull).

So, what do you think ? :)

Dominique,

I'm afraid it's impossible technically and logically. It's like be in two places simultaneously :)

Of course, works on Visual editor are not stopped, I will continuously improve it.

p.s. I did right order of objects in the list (Objects and Animation window) in beta #4. As somebody noticed that earlier order in the list was inverted, not as Photoshop layers.

Too bad, because it would be very useful. But never mind.

Actually Igor, I'm wondering if I didn't find an other bug. :unsure:

I'm making an other demo about masks and on a slide, I want to use a mask to present two pictures.

I started with only one picture and the mask and realized that there is a display problem.

Here is what I got in Photoshop (no problem) :

photoshop3aq.th.jpg

When I use the same mask and the same picture in PTE, a thin white border appears :

pte2zi.th.jpg

To be honest, I made the same test in Proshow and I don't have the problem.

Tell me if you want me to send the "project" (one slide).

Dominique,

Please send me sources files of this project with this slide only.

(Delete other slides, then Main menu | File | Create backup...)

int_support@ <nospam> wnsoft.com

I think I know why this visual "problem" happens, if I understood rightly the problem. It's not a bug in this case. Just all images, including masks, show and scaled with bilinear filtering.

For example, increase or reduce size for this image (where located both layers - mask and picture) in Photoshop. You'll see same thin white edges now.

But if before resizing you will choose "Nearest Neighbor"resampling method, this problem will not occur.

So teorethically we can add special option for image objects. But I'm afraid there will be very small number of users who will use this mode.