WnSoft Forums

Video Card

Nettleton

I am considering buying a second computer that has the above Graphics Card but my concern is whether or not it will be powerful enough to run the completed V5 of P2E. Could anyone offer advice please? Any comments would be much appreciated. :)

Nettleton

Ken and Gilio

Thanks for your quick responses.

Ken - I've looked at this link and it gives the memory of the card as 128mb maximum for video. However, the machine I'm considering is a Dell, and on their specs for the video card it gives 64mb. I find this confusing so am contacting Dell for some clarification.

As you can see Gilio, because I'm buying from Dell and it's an internet only sale, I can't try out a slide show in the shop.

Thank you both - Nettleton

When Igor initiated a poll on "What video card in your PC or laptop" on 25 April 2006, the Intel 900 came low in his groupings albeit one above the Group containing my GeForce 2. Also in the poll no one signified that they had a Intel 900. I am ready to be corrected but I believe in one posting Igor recommended 256 Mb or higher.

Also in another thread "Laptop Computers, Which One" initiated by gilbert on 29 February 2006, Igor posted

"If you buy new laptop choose model with NVIDIA GeForce 6400, 5700, 7300 or any higher or ATI Radeon 9700, X300, X600, X700, X1300 or any higher.

"This laptop will works fine with PTE v5.00 and also will fully support new graphical interface of Windows Vista (October-November of this year). "

Ron [uK]

Ken - Thanks for the link containing information re Dell - found it interesting.

Gilio - The machine being replaced is so old it's not worth upgrading but thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Ron - My thanks for this info - My main computer does have an ATI RADEON x300 video card which is 128mb and runs V5 perfectly. Don't think I'll bother with the Dell with the Intel 900 card.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.

Nettleton

Nettleton,

All Intel integrated video cards are very slow. Even your Radeon X300 faster in several times.

So please choose laptop with NVIDIA or ATI video cards (better with own video memory).

For this reason Intel's GMA 900 (i915) even will not support new Aero Glass inteface in Windows Vista, although it fully supports DirectX 9 and Pixel Shaders 2. The reason - they work exceptionally slow in 3D mode.

Nettleton,

All Intel integrated video cards are very slow. Even your Radeon X300 faster in several times.

So please choose laptop with NVIDIA or ATI video cards (better with own video memory).

For this reason Intel's GMA 900 (i915) even will not support new Aero Glass inteface in Windows Vista, although it fully supports DirectX 9 and Pixel Shaders 2. The reason - they work exceptionally slow in 3D mode.

Thank you for your comments - I will definitely not be going with the Intel 900 now. It's good to have so many people willing to pass on advice/experience.

Nettleton