WnSoft Forums

For Nature and Wildlife Lovers with Broadband

Lin Evans

Hi folks,

This is a long one - about 132 megabytes on the download and a running time of a bit over 27 minutes.... Selected wildlife and nature photos from my 2005 work in Colorado. The show includes Elk in rut (fighting), Elk in snow, Mule Deer in deep powder, Coyotes, Pika (tiny Rock Rabbits), Rocky Mountain Big Horn ram, Rocky Mountain Goats at over 14,000 feet elevation, Chipmunk, Golden Mantled Ground Squirrel, Marmot, Wood Duck, Canadian Geese, Bald Eagle, Clark's Nutcracker, Magpie, Wood Duck, Stellar's Jay, American Bison (buffalo), Pronghorn Antelope, and lots of beautiful Colorado mountain scenery.

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/colorado.zip

Best regards,

Lin

An epic. A truly remarkable demonstration of the versatility of PTE 5.0. A show of great patience, skill and photography. Well done Lin.

Download took 11 minutes.

Ron [uK]

Lin

i echo Ron

on my 64 mb ati 9000 the pans and zoom were generally perfect-- the scene from the suckling elk to the herd was a bit jerky

but in other areas i had to watch the edge of the screen to see if it was moving

and i cant let you get away with frogs croaking with snow on the ground -- new breed out there?

- you better get Nat Geo out there - they might provide some funding :rolleyes:

good job well done

ken

This took about 15 minutes to download on Broadband. It is a super exhibition of photography and PTE v.5.0 Once again, like Hubble the PZR are done very gently and convincingly. Trying to be constructive, I just wondered whether the zooming out is overdone a little. There are several magical moments, but one that I remember from only one viewing is when a white headed animal's head changes from one angle to another. Was this Opacity or just a dissolve? You didn't appear to use Opacity very much, unless some of the dissolves are done that way (?) and I feel that it has great potential. I liked the music very much, the bird sound seemed a little overdone. The one piece of music was probably recorded at a camp fire, and although we could hear the fire, it was a pity we didn't see it occasionally. Most enjoyable and satisfying despite being about 27 minutes long. May I use this too at the AV Group meeting on September 20th, as a demonstration of what can be achieved in PTE v.5.0? The quality of the fur etc., on the animals, as well as the actual capturing on camera of them is superb. I hope that it projects at 1024 x 768 as well. I do believe it will.

John

An epic. A truly remarkable demonstration of the versatility of PTE 5.0. A show of great patience, skill and photography. Well done Lin.

Download took 11 minutes.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ron,

Thanks! It was a fun one to put together.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

i echo Ron

on my 64 mb ati 9000 the pans and zoom were generally perfect-- the scene from the suckling elk to the herd was a bit jerky

but in other areas i had to watch the edge of the screen to see if it was moving

and i cant let you get away with frogs croaking with snow on the ground -- new breed out there?

- you better get Nat Geo out there - they might provide some funding :rolleyes:

good job well done

ken

LOL - you haven't met our Colorado Ice Frogs? HA!

Best regards,

Lin

This took about 15 minutes to download on Broadband. It is a super exhibition of photography and PTE v.5.0 Once again, like Hubble the PZR are done very gently and convincingly. Trying to be constructive, I just wondered whether the zooming out is overdone a little. There are several magical moments, but one that I remember from only one viewing is when a white headed animal's head changes from one angle to another. Was this Opacity or just a dissolve? You didn't appear to use Opacity very much, unless some of the dissolves are done that way (?) and I feel that it has great potential. I liked the music very much, the bird sound seemed a little overdone. The one piece of music was probably recorded at a camp fire, and although we could hear the fire, it was a pity we didn't see it occasionally. Most enjoyable and satisfying despite being about 27 minutes long. May I use this too at the AV Group meeting on September 20th, as a demonstration of what can be achieved in PTE v.5.0? The quality of the fur etc., on the animals, as well as the actual capturing on camera of them is superb. I hope that it projects at 1024 x 768 as well. I do believe it will.

John

Hi John,

I think the particular transition you saw was an old Billy goat with a zoom in centered on his eye, then a transition to the following slide of his baby which began with a zoom in on the eye followed by a zoom out. I spent one day photographing a mountain goat family at 14,268 feet - there were twin kids, mom and pop and I thought it might be nice to "see" the child through the eye of the adult - just playing a bit with some "Hollywood" effects - LOL.

I wish I could tone down the birds a bit, but they are recorded on the same tracks with the music and I can't separate them. Yes - the James Taylor authored piece "Fire and Rain" has a camp fire crackling and popping in the background - I could envision John Denver and friends sitting around a fire in the mountains above Aspen - wish I had taken some shots years ago when I met him in the Canadian Rockies - it would have made some nice footage to add to the show.

Sure - help yourself - I suspect it will project nicely at 1024x768....

Best regards,

Lin

Lovely images, good music & all well-presented in v5!

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks Roger!

P2E has made it possible for the photographer to do many things in terms of presentations and do them better than the competition, I think.

Best regards,

Lin