PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #4

Igor

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the zip file has cleared my mailer at 19:10 +- -- that was 12:10 aug 4 London time

ken

Ken.

Received your e-mail, used link provided and Bobs your uncle...Fanny's your Aunt, I am up and running,

I can'nt thank you enough....12.32am London time.

TOM :)

I'm sorry for being such a bore,but I simpley can'nt upgrade my bete 3 version to the latest 4, I have even

removed 3 from my computer completly and tried to install beta 4, but low and behold all I get is BETA 3, Please,please can anybody help???????????

TomUK.

Very happy to report that with a lot of help from friends on this forum ( Ken and Lin) all my problems have now been solved, thank you both once again,I don't know what I would have done without your help. :D:D;)

Tom

I downloaded the new Beta 4 successfully and no problem installing it. Thanks "team". It looks great!

I had been playing with developing the beginning of a slide show for a workshop I will be involved with next year using the previous Beta release. The theme is Shine brilliantly. The brochure is blue with stars on it. I photographed the brochure front and am using it as part of the beginning of the show.

When I ran the preview using the newest beta release, I notioced a pleasant change in the way the slide exits the screen. I have it rotating slowly and getting smaller towards the center of the screen. The effect works, however, as the brochure turns it leaves a circular trail all the way in until the slide transitions off. It did not do this on the previous beta3. I like the effect and would like to know what happened. I also have a question about how to slow down the movement of the last slide on the show.

The PTE file is only 6KB and the EXE file is 2128kb. I would appreciate if someone would agree to look at it and let me know how this happened and how to repeat it. I would be glad to email the file if my server will transfer this size file.

Thanks,

Howard

Hi all,

Just downloaded 5B4 and found a very small problem that might be my machine and not Igor's code. I have a copy of 4.4 (I never updated to 4.8) and had a copy of 5B3. I uninstalled 5B3 and installed 5B4 successfully, or so I thought.

The pgm runs fine. When I went back to the desktop, the 4.4 shortcut was replaced with a PTE 5 name, and there were 3 others all saying PTE 5 on the desktop also. I tried to delete them and I got an error saying something like "Couldn't read from disk" or "couldn't find disK", with an "OK" button. I looked at the properties of the shortcut and it was completely blank except for the name. No path, target, or anything.

I went to Program Files and created a shortcut to each of 4.4 and 5B4, naming them appropriately, and tried them both. Both worked fine.

Then I rebooted, and all the mystery PTE5 shortcuts disappeared.

Long explanation, but if it's something with the installer, I thought Igor would want to know. If I'm the only one, we can chalk it up to my system.

Thanks again Igor for a great product and stellar support!

Igor,

Have you fully tested the AVI output? I'm seeing a problem that's difficult to explain, but I don't think the AVI output is scaling the size of the source images correctly for the frame size of the video output. My source images are all 16:9 (1920x1080 pixels and larger) but when I select 16:9 DVD in Project Options>Screen>Screen options and then Video>Create custom AVI video file>720x405 - even though I get a 720x405x29.97fps .avi file, the canvas is like a 720x405 "view" of a much larger video file, with the rest of the video cut off. Like I'm only seeing the inner 720x405 pixels.

Also, I think there's a problem with the bit rate. When I select Video>Create custom AVI video file>1920x1080 I get the correct-size 1920x1080x29.97fps .avi file, but the file is the same size on my hard drive as the 720x405x29.97fps file, but it should be much, much larger and it is very, very, very "choppy" (flickering). Media Player Classic says it is encoded (progressive) at 1.4 Mbps - the same as the 720x405x29.97fps .avi file. While this bit rate is acceptable for DVD quality, HD 1080p quality requires more like 25 Mbps.

Jimbo,

We consider that it better to adjust individual Pan/Zoom effects, instead of random settings everywhere. I'm afraid such auto option will never appear.

TomUK,

I'm glad that you have now installed beta 4

In the future please look at the caption window when you start setup.exe to install PicturesToExe it should display necessary number of a beta.

Fred,

About AVI:

1) If "Auto" choosed, PicturesToExe before openening of AVI window analyses type of slideshow and choose optimal mode - Progressive picture (if no animation and only Fade, Mosaic or Quick Transition effects choosed) or Interlaced (all other cases). So you see what PicturesToExe choosed, e.g. "Auto (Interlaced video)".

Progressive picture gives better sharpness and details, but Pan/Zoom or Circle, Curling of page effects look not enough smooth.

Interlaced video gives more blurred picture, but ideally smooth Pan/Zoom and other effects.

2) "Sound fading" option works for end of slideshow in AVI file.

3) Anti-flicker filter a little blurres picture to solve problem with flickering especially on Interlaced video.

Frend, write me to int_support [nospam] wnsoft.com if you wish I can send you one additional variant.

Please note that DVD created with Interlaced mode look better on TV than on PC, because on static scenes TV shows same sharpness and details as if DVD was encoded as Progressive.

Howard,

Please send me your EXE file to my email address - int_support [nospam] wnsoft.com (replace nospam with @ and remove empty space)

David,

v5.00 should creates shortcut with name "PicturesToExe 5", so I will wait for other responses if this problem will occur again.

potwnc,

Ok, I'll check up AVI settings for 16:9 and HDTV later today and will write you.

potwnc,

I didn't understood problem with bitrate. Probably you choosed some another AVI video codec?

If I use our preset "HD-1080" and press Create button I receive virtual AVI file, which can be imported for example to Ulead DMF 5 and then burned as HD-DVD or Blue-Ray disc.

About 16:9 DVD. Currently we create letterbox 16:9 (with black strips). Because I'm not sure that 3d party programs will recognize correctly compressed size 720x480 16:9 format of frame.

p.s. last builds of Media Player Classic incorrectly shows proportions of our AVI file. But file is OK. Please try to open it in Microsoft Media Player.

Andreas,

1) What video card you have?

2) What depth of color on desktop (True color 32-bit or Hi-Color 16-bit)?

3) Do you used "Create DVD-video" preset?

4) Try to open Video window and press Preview button there, will it play correctly in media player?

I'm sorry for being such a bore,but I simpley can'nt upgrade my bete 3 version to the latest 4, I have even

removed 3 from my computer completly and tried to install beta 4, but low and behold all I get is BETA 3, Please,please can anybody help???????????

TomUK.

Tom,

Beta-4 installs into a separate folder, "PicturesToExe 5", located inside the folder you directed it to when you downloaded it. Try double-clicking on the file "apr.exe" inside that folder. If that doesn't work, then you probably haven't installed it correctly.

Igor,

congratulations on achievement of the excellent beta 4.

I have, though, found one minor problem:

If, in the main screen, I attach an MP3 file to a slide, using the "sound" function it does not play. However, the association of the MP3 file, with the slide, is registered in the box.

The sound file (dialogue) being used is in MP3 Pro. format.

Kind regards

John

Andreas,

1) What video card you have?

2) What depth of color on desktop (True color 32-bit or Hi-Color 16-bit)?

3) Do you used "Create DVD-video" preset?

4) Try to open Video window and press Preview button there, will it play correctly in media player?

Igor,

1) NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

2) 32-bit

3) Yes

4) See attachment

First, I thought, It was a problem with gray-scale pictures, but it's also a problem with 24-bit rgb pictures

Then I thougt, it's because I deaktivated Virtual Memory (1 have 2 GB Ram). I reactivated Virtual memory, and there is the same problem.

Best regards

Andreas

post-159-1154696573_thumb.jpg

Howard,

Thank you for send me test project! I see that problem with background, too.

But I as checked up it happens because you choosed background image

for that slide. Current beta temporarily doesn't support textured background. Only color or gradient background.

Igor,

Using Beta 4, I put together a simple p/z/r show and everything worked with the Project Options setting set to Fade in/out with Effect Duration at the default 1500. If I change to Circle From or Diagonal Curl from Right Top at 5% and use the default Effect Duration, everything works...even if I go to 2000 Effect Duration, each of the three seems to work ok. I tried the Video button and it did build an AVI file but I have yet to burn a DVD.

But if I change the Ptoject Option Effect Duration from say 3000 to 8000, all three of these transitions are not finished and gets progressively worst as the duration increases. I run into the same problem if I use Customize Slide to apply these three effects to individual slides at longer durations.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a gilch in Beta4? Thanks...Harvey

I think it's not a bug. Most likely it happens because you adjusted long duration for transition effects (say 8 seconds), but durations of slides are only 4 second. In this case it may work as you described.

Open global timeline to see this situation. Then open Project options | Main tab and set e.g. 9 seconds and press "Set for existed slides" button.

In the next beta I'll show warning before creating slide show in case of this situation.

mp3 pro is not likely accepted

try mp3 regular

ken

Ken,

Thanks for that, I've just tried it with sandard MP3 files, it still does not play.

Can anyone confirm that they are able to attach MP3 files to individual slides in V5. beta 4?

Then, if it's something my end, I'll probe a bit deeper.

John

WNSOFT development team,

I'm impressed with the results of your AVI output work. Good job. Here are some early observations.

1. No matter what quality selection I make (VCD,SVCD,DVD,HD-1080, custom) the output file sizes are identical. Some tag in the AVI is changed to correspond to the desired output dimensions, but the actual dimensions of the frames must be the same for all of them to produce identical file sizes on the hard disk.

2. The Pan and Zoom show up nicely on the TV after the DVD is burned, but Rotations were not as smooth. The degradation was much worse on the TV played by a home DVD player than playing the DVD with a software player (ULead) on the computer. It appears to be related to the specific decoders on these two devices, since the frames in the files are identicle (same DVD used). I don't consider this a fault with the P2E software, although perhaps a better understanding of how decoders works would lead to a more satisfying result on the TV. I'm curious what other people are seeing on their TV sets using home DVD players with regards to Rotations.

3. I don't understand the purpose of creating a temporary only AVI output file. Being able to run through a list of slideshows making corresponding permament files would be easier in the DVD creation process than running 5,6,10 copies of P2E at once.

Overall very nice. You overcame my doubts that the huge amount of bits coming out of the video card's GPU could be adaquately represented in much smaller video standards formats.

Steve

Tucson, AZ USA

3. I don't understand the purpose of creating a temporary only AVI output file.

well steve

that is the default setting -- if you had searched the forum you would have understood the reasoning behind the temp avi

what is the big deal -- buy 3 rd party software and convert the temp avi to whatever you like

ken

Then open Project options | Main tab and set e.g. 9 seconds and press "Set for existed slides" button.

Igor,

Thanks for the suggestion to use the "Set for existing slides' function. It led me to a solution for my particular problem, which was to set the Diagonal Curl from Right Top to only say 10 of the slides in my 100 slide slideshow with a longer duration.

I can select the 10 slides and go to Customize Slides & the Effects tab to select Diagonal Curl from Right Top & 5% at a Duration of 8000. Then I go to the Customize Slides' Main tab to apply a Timing of something greater than 8000, which in my case, was 10000 to have the full image on the screen for 2 seconds...Harvey

It downloads and runs OK for me too! Well almost anyway.

The mouse control options do not seem to work yet, i.e. Left Mouse to pause the show and right mouse to exit. Are these functions not yet activated?

Ron

Way back on page one, I asked this question but I don't see that an answer has been posted yet - perhaps everyone missed it!

Guest Techman1

Ronnie,

I tested it and you are right. It seems that this function is not yet turned on in this beta version. There are still several transitions and other things not activated. I'm sure Igor will probably have them turned on in Beta #5 or #6.

Sorry we all missed your question (I know I did)!

Take care,

Fred

Tom

your statement

"You can save the avi from within media player as a different filename and it will be a permanent AVI (at least in my limited testing). The temp avi using a temporary named pipe (frameserving?) works well."

i dont think is true -- unless Igor as change the code -- in the past many people have tried to save the default tmp vid and once the p2e was shut down they only had an avi that had sound -- no pictures

ken

Igor,

But if I change the Ptoject Option Effect Duration from say 3000 to 8000, all three of these transitions are not finished and gets progressively worst as the duration increases. I run into the same problem if I use Customize Slide to apply these three effects to individual slides at longer durations.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a gilch in Beta4?

Harvey,

If you change a transition duration, then you have to go back into "O/A" and modify the object timing accordingly. PTE is pretty "artificially intelligent", but it can't be programmed to second-guess the author's wishes for all other related times.

For example, someone might want the object action to start at a fixed time from the start of a transition, and others might want it to not start until the end of the transition, in which case there might not be sufficient time left between slides for the object action to complete satisfactorily.

Congratulations to Igor and the Wnsoft team, The AVI output is working perfectly on my system creating high quality video files through either ULead Movie Factory or Sorenson Squeeze (used for making web streaming content).

Synchronisation is perfect on the outputted video though synchronisation is still out when viewed via the timeline (about 1 sec out) but this will be corrected in the final beta.