WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #5

Igor

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #5

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.5 MB)

Also available at

http://www.guru.to.it/en/downl_e.htm (server in France).

Page en français: http://www.guru.to.it/fr/downl_f.htm

Pagina in italiano: http://www.guru.to.it/it/downl_i.htm

Notes:

You can point center of "Circle" effect. It gives interesting variations! See http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/CircleVariations.zip (700 KB)

Vastly improved view of "Hour hand" transition effect.

What's new in beta #5:

+ All transition effects are re-activated now:

- "Hour hand".

- "Advanced Hour hand".

- "Mosaic".

- "Rhombus".

- "Rectangle".

- "Page" (diagonal).

- "Gates" (diagonal).

- "Push".

- "Slide".

+ You can change center of appearance for "Circle" effect.

+ Re-activated again time limited usage functions (password query, date trial)

+ Re-activated again Help window by F1 key.

+ Re-activated again startup window (Project options | Main tab).

+ Some minor improvements.

* Fixed bug with adding PNG/BMP/GIF images with some symbols in filename.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each version is a step to the final version. I have an idea of the work you did and you have to do, so I only say thanks Igor and thanks to your team.

Jean-Pierre, please say me, did you receive my reply on your questions about lines/PNG/GIF in objects?

Yes Igor, but I am still working on it to understand. I'll answer you as soon as I have finish, but am not at home often.

In beta 5, I do not seem to be able to create an .exe file now - using the 'Create Slide Show as' option. It has changed to 'Create As' and it does not now work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ron West

ronniebootwest@ntlworld.com

Ron

I still have "Create slideshow as" in Beta #5 and have used it. Perhaps you should try downloading it again. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

Guest Techman1

In beta 5, I do not seem to be able to create an .exe file now - using the 'Create Slide Show as' option. It has changed to 'Create As' and it does not now work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ron West

ronniebootwest@ntlworld.com

Ron,

I just tried to create and it works fine for me. The "Create Slideshow as..." option appears in the Beta 5 version I'm using. You might try using the F8 key to create it and see if that works for you. It sounds like maybe your download was corrupt. You might try downloading again and reinstall. Not sure why this might happen.

Igor,

I like the new navigation bar options. The hue being able to change the colors will really make this sweet. It looks like we might be able to even add our own styles later. It doesn't show up yet in the show when activated, but I suspect this is something for Beta 6 or 7. It all seems to run nicely so far.

Take care,

Fred

Al and Fred,

I downloaded again and I now seem to have the correct version. However, although I can now create the slide show .exe from 'Create slide show as' when I click on its icon the show will not start - I just get a blank black screen. I am baffled!

Any ideas?

Ron

Update:

I think I might have an idea what might be wrong.

I created the project in beta 4, then opened the project using beta 5. Could this be the reason why the .exe will not run?

Ronnie,

Try re-booting your pc and see if this clears things so the exe will run. At times, I have to do this with programs I download - there must be some other program on my pc which interferes with the pte execs (similar to what Ralph was finding with his Nero program, maybe).

Ron

I am not Al by the way, although I did give you the earlier advice. However, I have just opened in Version 5.0 Beta #5 my "HMS Gloucester" project, which was prepared in an earlier Beta of Version 5.0, probably 2 or 3, and "Created a slideshow as" with no ill effects.

Ron [uK]

Igor, I just had time to thank you for beta #4 and here is already beta #5 !!! :D

Guess you're in a hurry to finally take your first vaccation ? ;)

The new navigation bar options seems great but I can have it displayed... :huh:

Will continue to find out why (must be a silly thing of my own). :P

Anyway, I already played with the options (scale, hue of the Sky Style Navbar) and I really love it !!!

Btw, for those who didn't noticed it, we can create our own navigation bar :

Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\NavBar\Readme.txt :

Navigation bar for PicturesToExe

You can create your style for Navigation bar in the new folder.

PicturesToExe automatically finds newely added styles.

Note: Please don't modify default styles which will be automatically renewed after new installation of PicturesToExe.

I already tested it and it works !

I think it will be very nice if talented people share their new NavBar...

I love the improved circle effect too !

Great job !!! Thanks !

Guest Techman1

theDom,

I don't think the new navigation bar is activated yet in this beta version. You can customize it, but it doesn't appear in the slideshow yet. I'm sure Igor will have it activated in one of the next upcoming beta's.

I agree that it would be great if we can share our newly created navigation bars in a common area. Maybe your new site (hint, hint...). :D

Take care,

Fred

Not many people use it but the startup window is enabled in v5_b5

but i had to use a 640/480 pict to make it look right

I hope the nav bar is enabled shortly as well -- give us some more control when putting show together

all these treats only show on computor -- they go bye bye on dvd

ken

post-16-1155853755_thumb.jpg

theDom,

I don't think the new navigation bar is activated yet in this beta version. You can customize it, but it doesn't appear in the slideshow yet. I'm sure Igor will have it activated in one of the next upcoming beta's.

I agree that it would be great if we can share our newly created navigation bars in a common area. Maybe your new site (hint, hint...). :D

Take care,

Fred

Hi Techman1,

Thanks for the info, I think you're right.

I have been waiting for the Nav bar for a long time (http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4488) because I think the standard/previous one could be improved. And we are really thrilled with this upcoming feature !

But I hope we didn't ruin the surprise I gor may be wanted to make... :unsure:

I didn't think about it before you made the suggestion but I would be honored to host the newly created navigation bars on my site. :)

Dominique,

About problem with angle like -0,5° you've found. A very funny bug! Thank you, we just fixed it.

We plan to add text objects and "Run external application" function in the next betas. Currently we're working on finalizing of music modes/synchronization and second CPU based graphical engine. I understand that you need these functions and we'll try to implement them ASAP.

for the final release, in the timeline window, do you plan to add objects in the vizualisation window
We'll try to realize it in next betas.

New Navigation bar will appear soon in beta #7 or so.

Tom,

Your panning example runs very smoothly on my pc, even without disabling all the other programs. (P4, 2.8 MHz, ATI Radeon 9600 with 128 Mb video RAM, 1Gb pc RAM). There's not even a glitch when the show repeats itself, which is a treat!

It will be nice when all the other controls are activated and we can start and pause and reverse at will during a panorama :) .

lowering graphics card hardware acceleration one position on the slider
Why you changed this value? I'm really interesting. I consider that it's dangerous option (may give unexpected results). Fortunately all such options are removed at all in Windows Vista.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Under the Project Options - Screen - Background

I tried using a "Tiled Image", but it doesn't show up only a default black.

Also, if I try to use the "Fit to Screen" with this option, it doesn't do a preview at all. The screen flashes and the music plays, but no video shows up.

Is this something to be added in an upcoming beta or a bug?

Thanks in advance,

Fred