WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #5

Igor

Igor,

Under the Project Options - Screen - Background

I tried using a "Tiled Image", but it doesn't show up only a default black.

Also, if I try to use the "Fit to Screen" with this option, it doesn't do a preview at all. The screen flashes and the music plays, but no video shows up.

Fred,

This feature is not activated yet. Also, I find I can't select both "tiled image" and "fit-to-screen". The two, as well as the other options, seem to be mutually exclusive.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Igor

First let me say a BIG Thank You for V5 it really is something special. I am now finding all the great things I can do with it. Well Done.

However I have noticed that the Mosaic effect is no longer smooth in V5. I have it set to 500 x 500 & Display of 100. This gives a very smooth effect in V4.48 but is very jerky in V5 b5.

Other effects I have tried seem to be ok but not tested them all yet.

Is this something you can fix in the next beta. I am currentlly working on a show & really need this effect to work smoothly.

Jill

North Wales

Jill,

Unfortunately it's not a bug. "Mosaic" effect with a great number of particles really works slower now with hardware video acceleration. Because when you set 500 x 500 it means that video card will draw 500 000 triangles per frame. It's more than in any modern 3D game. (Alternate solution - using of Pixel Shaders 2.0 is not impossible for this effect, on my opinion. It more real with Pixel Shaders 3.0, but their supports exists only in latest video cards.)

So Mosaic with 500 x 500 can be realized only via second graphical engine which will be ready in the next beta releases of v5.00 And it will work so smooth as in previous v4.48

I am having problems with the mosaic transition which has worked perfectly in earlier versions and changed to a fade in #3 & #4 but now in #5 it seems to stick and break up making it totally unsuitable; in the short term I have changed these back to fades but I hope the useful mosaic trasition is OK soon.

Peter Coles

I am having problems with the mosaic transition which has worked perfectly in earlier versions and changed to a fade in #3 & #4 but now in #5 it seems to stick and break up making it totally unsuitable; in the short term I have changed these back to fades but I hope the useful mosaic trasition is OK soon.

Peter Coles

Peter,

Did you read the two posts just above yours ? :P

I didn't want to work today, but I watched some slideshows on my projector and I at last reproduced bug with possible 1 pixel light line at top of screen. This bug will be fixed in the next beta. I think we didn't enough test the program on dual monitor configurations.

Igor,

I hope you didn't change your mind and that you're not working right now.

I'm ashamed but I have an other request :

In a previous beta, you made a modification : when the user exit the O/A window, the slide the user was working on is selected.

Could you make the same thing for the preview : at any time, when the user exit the preview, the slide he was watching is selected.

Why this request ?

when watching your show, you think "I need to make this adjustement on this object", it would be much quicker to find the slide on which you want to make the modification.

Once modified, the user can re-start to preview his show from this modified slide to verify that it's now ok and if necessary, quickly make other adjustements on following slides with this option.

It would particulary usefull for a big slideshow with a lot of slides.

It's even more true with a big slideshow with a lot of slides and a lot of objects on each slide, because as you only see one object maximum in the slide list, it is sometimes difficult to find on which slide the object you want to modify is. :P

So, what do you think ? :)

I didn't want to work today, but I watched some slideshows on my projector and I at last reproduced bug with possible 1 pixel light line at top of screen. This bug will be fixed in the next beta. I think we didn't enough test the program on dual monitor configurations.

Good to know that I wasn't the only one getting the lines (mine sometimes showed at top, left and right of screen). I had begun to think it was something wrong with my system.

Hi Igor,

Is that the line that I contacted you about which flickers when the transitions take place?

John

Yes, it is exactly same problem - horizontal or vertical thin line

It's not our bug, as I've found today, but I have to to find some solution for it.

Please remind me:

1) What video card you have installed?

2) Do you have one or two displays connected?

It's not our bug, as I've found today, but I have to to find some solution for it.

Please remind me:

ATI Radeon X800 XL AGP

1 display (19" CRT)

Please remind me:

The laptop has a nvidia G Force FX 5600 but this line has occurred on my main computer also and that uses a different card.

I only use one display.

As my two sequences should show the line does not appear when using v4.48 only when using version 5.

Hope that helps.

John

Igor,

I suspect this is related to the problems referred to above, but in beta 5 I notice thin wavering vertical and horizontal lines between the images in the "Push effect" transition for viewing vertical and horizontal panoramas composed of several images.

My video card is an ATI Radeon 9600 with 128 Mb of video RAM, dual-monitor setup.

Al,

Bug with line in Push effect is another problem and we already fixed it. Solution of this our bug will be in the next beta 6. I already posted test build in another topic.

But above mentioned two problems more complex and difficult. NVIDIA and ATI allow to change some global parameters for all 3D application and it brings additional headache. But for these two problems we've found excellent solution today and it will be fully solved.

Firstly, I must say I am very much enjoying using v5 #5.

One thing I first noticed today, however, was the sound track repeating itself after a Sequence finished.

I think I have checked that I ticked all the right boxes, but this feature continues whatever I do.

Is this feature part of the 'not-quite-fixing the sound sync'?

I get over this 'problem', currently, by prorgaming in an extra long-lasting blank at the end, which gives any viewer at least a bit more time to realise the end has been reached!

Peter

One thing I first noticed today, however, was the sound track repeating itself after a Sequence finished.

I think I have checked that I ticked all the right boxes, but this feature continues whatever I do.

I get over this 'problem', currently, by prorgaming in an extra long-lasting blank at the end, which gives any viewer at least a bit more time to realise the end has been reached!

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, this portion has not yet been realized in the beta. Using "silent" mp3's works well for me too - I make them with Audacity.

Best regards,

Lin

Peter

I too have had the same problem and reported this on a thread started by John (Ebenist) on August 18. I have tried shaking it off by using added seconds of silence in Audition, but that has not always been successful. Can't wait for the definitive version of 5.0. Good luck at Cirencester.

Ron [uK]

Peter

Just finished a short show using Beta #5. The problem seems to be caused by the music finishing just too early. Fortunatley using Adobe Audition, I can just extend the music track by a short amount without affecting the sound and then the music fits the slide timing exactly. Alternatively, adjust the slide timing so that the last slide just finishes before the music.

Certainly the lack of music synch is a pain and I hope Igor deals with this in the next beta soon.

Jeff

Today I noticed another wee problem which may well be me doing something I should not do:

I tried to save and manage a Template for my latest PTE v5 #5 creation. It gets saved OK so it tells me but then when I try find it to resurrect it to work on it further, it is nowhere to be found. It invents a route that does not exist so I ask my search to do its searching and it informs me that no file is found. What is happening? Is my search a waste of time until another mod appears? Maybe this has also something to do with the synch.

Right now it gives me a sort of synching feeling!

It also left me with my morale all a bit deflated, as I was tying to show some other ambitious would-be-AV-guy a trick or two at the time !!!!!!!!!

Do me good I expect !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puzzled Peter

Peter,

You could also do a "search" in the "Start" menu and try to find all instances of your PTE project that way. It should lead you to where the template files are being stored. :)

I'm ashamed but I have an other request :

In a previous beta, you made a modification : when the user exit the O/A window, the slide the user was working on is selected.

Could you make the same thing for the preview : at any time, when the user exit the preview, the slide he was watching is selected.

Why this request ?

when watching your show, you think "I need to make this adjustement on this object", it would be much quicker to find the slide on which you want to make the modification.

Once modified, the user can re-start to preview his show from this modified slide to verify that it's now ok and if necessary, quickly make other adjustements on following slides with this option.

It would particulary usefull for a big slideshow with a lot of slides.

It's even more true with a big slideshow with a lot of slides and a lot of objects on each slide, because as you only see one object maximum in the slide list, it is sometimes difficult to find on which slide the object you want to modify is. :P

So, what do you think ? :)

Hi Igor,

I guess you are really busy with next betas (and I don't mention all the mails you receive).

May be you just didn't see my post above.

Even if without any doubt finishing V5.00 final release is the most important thing, could you please tell us if this request would be feasible in a future version ?

And same thing for the "spread keypoints" feature here.

Thank you very much. :)