WnSoft Forums

AUTUMN DEMO

JohnFeg

I have made a little demo in V. 5 #6.

It is, in fact, the introductory sequence for a Slideshow being prepared for showing at our local Camera Club.

As it’s very topical, thought you might like to see a preview.

Al Robinson has kindly offered to host it on his site for a few days.

It can be downloaded at http://www.alrobinson.com/Autumn_Demo.zip

John

Excellent. What a great idea. Thanks John.

Ron [uK]

Ebenist,

This is a wonderful piece of work! I would like to have such a professional looking intro to some of my slide shows.

I'd like very much to know how you did this animation, will you consider posting the full project file???

Ron

It is, in fact, the introductory sequence for a Slideshow being prepared for showing at our local Camera Club.

As it’s very topical, thought you might like to see a preview.

Al Robinson has kindly offered to host it on his site for a few days.

It can be downloaded at http://www.alrobinson.com/Autumn_Demo.zip

John

Wow, what a nice piece of work. I bet that took some time to do...or should I say it would have taken me some time to do.

Nice work

Jason

Ebenist,

This is a wonderful piece of work! I would like to have such a professional looking intro to some of my slide shows.

I'd like very much to know how you did this animation, will you consider posting the full project file???

Ron

Ron,

I've zapped it from my hard drive because, as I said, it,s only a part of a project uner development. However, I'm pretty sure it has been backed up. If so I'll dig it out in the morning. If I dont have the project file "as you saw it", I'll cobble an extract together from what I'm now working on.

I'll ask the Dom if he will host it again.

John

Ron,

I've zapped it from my hard drive because, as I said, it,s only a part of a project uner development. However, I'm pretty sure it has been backed up. If so I'll dig it out in the morning. If I dont have the project file "as you saw it", I'll cobble an extract together from what I'm now working on.

I'll ask the Dom if he will host it again.

John

Many thanks Ebenist, I look forward to seeing how it was done. You can always send it to me direct either by email or (if it is to big) via Dropload.

Ron

Many thanks Ebenist, I look forward to seeing how it was done. You can always send it to me direct either by email or (if it is to big) via Dropload.

Ron

Ron,

Sent it to The Doms Sharing place. When he picks it up you can download it.

I left off the music and the 2 last "fill in" slides to keep the size down.

As a matter of interest, the slideshow itself is almost finished. Unless the Gods frown upon me, it will be on Beechbrook tomorrow.

John

Hi! John,

Loved your Demo and was quite taken by the Font you used for your Title, would you mind sharing it's name

and how we can obtain it, It will be perfect for a sequence I have in the planning stage.

Tom.

NOTE

The full slideshow "Autumn" has now been posted on the Beechbrook site.

Hope you enjoy it.

John

Hi! John,

Loved your Demo and was quite taken by the Font you used for your Title, would you mind sharing it's name

and how we can obtain it, It will be perfect for a sequence I have in the planning stage.

Tom.

Tom,

the text is based on a font called "Ravie" it's a standard, so, if you have Widows XP you probably already have it.

You need to create the text effect, either as individual letters, or, as words, in Photoshop.

Start off with a suitably sized JPG image (leaf litter in this case) Then:

a) select the horizontal mask tool

B) type your words or letters in the selected font at an appropriate size

c) put the selection/s you thus create onto a new layer (Ctr. J)

d) Open a new suitably sized transparent document.

e) drag the layer of letters/words onto the transparent document. Resize if required.

f) merge visible layers > crop to size > save as PNG

If you don't have the font and/or Photoshop, (and providing you don't want to rewrite "War & Peace!") you can send me the words/letters you want to use, with a picture for the text "infill", then I'll knock it together and mail it to you.

John

If you don't have the font and/or Photoshop, (and providing you don't want to rewrite "War & Peace!") you can send me the words/letters you want to use, with a picture for the text "infill", then I'll knock it together and mail it to you.

John

Tom,

the text is based on a font called "Ravie" it's a standard, so, if you have Widows XP you probably already have it.

You need to create the text effect, either as individual letters, or, as words, in Photoshop.

Start off with a suitably sized JPG image (leaf litter in this case) Then:

a) select the horizontal mask tool

B) type your words or letters in the selected font at an appropriate size

c) put the selection/s you thus create onto a new layer (Ctr. J)

d) Open a new suitably sized transparent document.

e) drag the layer of letters/words onto the transparent document. Resize if required.

f) merge visible layers > crop to size > save as PNG

John

Hi John, I think you mean the font called RAAVI, I have found this in my computer (XP) but when I select it and then the 'Horizontal Type Tool' all I get is a series of question marks! Perhaps I have a corrupt version of the font? Any ideas?

Ron

Hi! John

I have sent you an e-mail about this, I have the same problem as Ron.

I have chosen a different Font for my project but followed your method. saving each letter to a seperate layers as Png files and then using individual letters as objects onto one slide in 5B5, the result thanks to you is quite staggering, thanks once again.

Tom.

Ron,

Sent it to The Doms Sharing place. When he picks it up you can download it.

I left off the music and the 2 last "fill in" slides to keep the size down.

John

Your project file has not arrived yet on The Dom's site - I guess the poor chap is busy just now getting his new site in order after his recent problems. I will keep on checking until he uploads it.

I am particularly interested in learning how you created those small 'falling leaves' in your demo - it looks so real and professional. The animation you used in PTE is superb and I want to be able to do that too! :angry:

Ron

I'm quite busy, that's right and about beeing busy I apologize to people who send me emails, I didn't took time to answer yet.

Anyway, I will be happy be happy to host the project file if John send it to me because it seems it interests a lot of people. :)

Hi John, I think you mean the font called RAAVI, I have found this in my computer (XP) but when I select it and then the 'Horizontal Type Tool' all I get is a series of question marks! Perhaps I have a corrupt version of the font? Any ideas?

Ron

No it's definitely "Ravie" I've e-mailled you the font and also the project for the Demo.

Tom if you want the font, let me know where to mail it.

John

Hello,

I have watched the slideshow (Autumn), but I have a problem with the sound. I know Beta 5 is not yet done (wonder when it will!), but whenever I play "any" slideshows made with B5 or B6, the sound is "chirping" or "crackling", I can hear the music but it's not very pretty :(

Any of you had that kind of problems?

Maybe there is something I should do with XP to make it work better, but I don't know what. Could it be a Direct X problem?

I have version 4.48 and I don't have any sound problem with that version.

My system:

WinXP Pro

NVidia GeForce2 GTS

Creative SB Live!

512Mb RAM

Thanks for any clue on how to resolve this dilemma :)

-Peter

No it's definitely "Ravie" I've e-mailled you the font and also the project for the Demo.

John

Thanks John, I have received the font (RAVIE) and also your project. I will now spend some time with it to see if I can work out what you have done. I think I can see your method and I reckon the animation will take a little while but will be well worth it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ron.

Cheers John,

I have also received the font, I needed a font like this for a Halloween sequence I am working on for an evening of A.V. I am doing at my Photo Society,thanks for your help.

Tom.

Tom if you want the font, let me know where to mail it.

John

I have RAAVI on my XP system too, but I don't have any problem using it. It's a "san-serif" TrueType font, similar to Arial, but I don't know where I originally picked it up - I think it either came with XP, or with MS Publisher.

Ken,

yes, you're right. But, I havn't a clue where I picked it up. I'm planning to wipe my drive and reinstall everything in the new year, so, now I know it's not an MS font I'll back it up before I lose it!

Thanks also for those useful links.

John