WnSoft Forums

AUTUMN DEMO

JohnFeg

Hello again,

Maybe I'm in the wrong section of the forum to ask my question about my "sound problem".

Can anyone direct me to the right place? Or maybe, even better, answer my question? ;)

--Peter

Peter,

Sorry - guess we got sidetracked from your original post.

This is very difficult for someone to troubleshoot remotely. No one else has complained of a similar problem, so it must have something to do with your setup. However, we would need more information about it before being able to suggest a solution.

Is the sound "crackly" with the demo shows and other shows that people have posted on the various web sites, or on Dom's "sharing site", or is it only with your own productions? What happens if you change the music selection to a different one?

Best of luck!

Hello Al,

Thanks for replying.

Is the sound "crackly" with the demo shows and other shows that people have posted on the various web sites, or on Dom's "sharing site", or is it only with your own productions? What happens if you change the music selection to a different one?

In fact, that sound problem comes when I play B5-B6 files from people here (and elsewhere), and also from my own productions. But, the funny thing is that I don't have any sound problem with version 4.48.

I usually use MP3 files, and my productions are in the "testing" mode at this time, meaning they are very short (less than 5 slides).

Thanks for helping me!

--Peter

Thanks for replying.

In fact, that sound problem comes when I play B5-B6 files from people here (and elsewhere), and also from my own productions. But, the funny thing is that I don't have any sound problem with version 4.48.

I usually use MP3 files, and my productions are in the "testing" mode at this time, meaning they are very short (less than 5 slides).

Thanks for helping me!

Peter,

You're welcome. It sounds like it might be a DirectX problem. Try Ken's suggestion to see what vintage you have. If that doesn't help, send Igor an email. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply.

I have the latest version of DirectX (9.0C).

How can I contact Igor?

--Peter

You can reach WnSoft support at:

support at wnsoft.com . Replace the "at" with "@".

I just noticed that you have already heard from Igor. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You can reach WnSoft support at:

support at wnsoft.com . Replace the "at" with "@".

I just noticed that you have already heard from Igor. :)

Hi Al,

Indeed, Igor sent me an E-Mail with 2 sound demo. I tried them and wrote him back the results, but he never replied!

In the meantime, I discovered that I could play WAV files with B5 without apparent problems (I didn't have time to make a long presentation, just a very short one.) Also, I found out that, even though B5 mentionned we could use OGG files, I was not able to use that format.

If you have a "direct" contact with Igor, could you ask hime to write me back, or at least to let me know he received the 3 E-Mails I sent him?

Much thanks for your help!

--Peter

Sorry, Peter, but I don't have any more of a direct line to Igor than you do. You can tell by his posts that he does read the Forum, so perhaps he is too busy at the moment to resolve the problem you are having with v.5. After all, it is still in "beta" mode, so eventually, everything will probably be well. As you can imagine, it's a little difficult to resolve sound problems with someone's individual equipment setup remotely.

I don't believe "Ogg" files are supported yet in v.5, but will be. Best of luck.

• 1 month later...