WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #7

Igor

Guest Techman1

I've tested the new beta Deluxe version and am also having problems burning DVD's. The DVD's get burned fine with no error messages (in fact everything in the log looks fine). The problem is the DVD's simply do not play in a DVD player.

I like the interface in this new Deluxe version and everything seems to run smoothly, we just need to work out the problem of creating new coasters (I mean DVD's). I've created DVD's on DVD+R and DVD+RW, both of these formats worked successfully in Beta Version 5-6, but not in the latest beta. Of course, I was creating an AVI out of PTE and burning using other software. Hopefully Igor and team will have some ideas on what we might do.

I also put in a DVD to burn to, which I know my DVD Burner doesn't support and PTE burned to it without any error messages. The DVD doesn't work, but it appeared that it was going through the process where these DVD's normally get an error immediately if I try to use them in this particular drive. So, somethings up with this new beta. Igor, just let me know what information I can provide and I'll do my best to help you trouble-shoot it.

Good luck all!

Fred

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, firstly can I add to the many comments congratulating Igor and his team for their rate of progress on v5.

I have been experimenting with v5 for some weeks now and thought I would have a go at burning a dvd using this latest release. At first it all seemed to go well. The interface was intuitive and I didn't see a single error message. However when I played the dvd (dvd-rw) on my pc the images froze about one quarter of the way through the sequence but the soundtrack carried on. The sequence is only a couple of minutes duration and contains a lot of object and animation effects. I simply used the create dvd button and selected the pte file to burn to dvd - should I have created an avi version first?

Hi Igor,

you promised me not too much.

Image quality of DVD Output is very, very good.

Sharp, no jaggies, only a few flimmering on hard contrast edges (b/W pictures).

Thank you very much for optimising the video-output.

With DVD-Builder, I have a problem.

I used DVD+RW.

First show always playes wunderful.

But the second and each other show stops after a few moments.

There is also no sound.

If a eject the DVD and put it again in the player, this show starts correct.

The same problem, when after the end of a show, the following starts.

Best regards

Andreas

Igor

Using images 1920 x 1080 as I have always done in the past for HDTV 16:9.

I have been working with the 16:9 ratio, and seem to have problems with the menu when played back showing as 4:3, when the DVD player reads the IFO file. No problem with the burn and they do play on TV / Computer but as 4:3.

During the rendering images are displayed as 4:3 on screen however your menu at the end does show 16:9

PTE screen setting is set at 16:9 and DVD Builder also set as 16:9.

** If I create a DVD without the menu it burns perfectly as 16:9

-----------------------------------------

Video_TS Folder. From computer.

Clicking on the following files.

VTS_01_1.VOB - ( Main show files ) – ( No menu ) plays the show as it should 16:9

VTS_01_0.VOB - ( Menu show files ) – plays menu as it should 16:9

VTS_01_0.IFO - or the Video_TS.IFO - ( DVD movie info start file ) - Starts menu 4:3 and show plays at 4:3 ?

I have also created an .AVI – with HDTV settings and dragged it into the DVD Builder.

This does render and display all images as 16:9, ( thought I had problem solved ) – but same results once the IFO file is read or clicked on – back to 4:3.

--------------------------------------

There is also a small flaw when one drags / resizes the menu show thumbnail pane larger.

A yellow box flashes as if it is the original size frame flashing ( when using annimation )

I did a quick experiment last evening and found that a DVD burned from an ISO file would not play on my HDD/Recorder.

However a DVD burned from a FOLDER created from the PTE worked OK. (I never burn directly to the DVD). I used a DVD+RW for the experiment .

Personally I could not see a dramatic difference from a DVD burned the old fashioned AVI route.

More experiments today.

DaveG

Thank you all for testing first beta version of PicturesToExe Deluxe!

We'll solve this problem, please a little patience.

Today I'll prepare special test version which will help to determine exactly reason of the problem. I would be grateful if you will help me.

Back to back coasters for me guys - I must be doing something wrong. Just loaded PTE file and burned. Everything appears normal with check mark at the end and seems to be a successful burn but neither DVD works in either my computer or on TV.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor,

I could have written Lin's post above, I have the same problems to the letter, I to am going to wait and see how things develop.

Thank you for all your hard work to-date, I have every confidence in you and your team getting these problems solved.

Good Luck.

Tom.

As first test, who found problem with recognizing of recorded DVD discs in players and in PC.

1) Please let me know what DVD-RW drive you have and what DVD-/+R or RW discs you used and what speed you choosed? And version of Windows.

2) In DVD Builder please choose only "Create DVD folders" option. After DVD folders will be created, please download this DVDTest utility:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/DVDTest.zip (670 KB)

And add created in DVD Builder files from VIDEO_TS folder to DVDTest utility. Try to burn disc. Will recorded disc plays now?

3) If DVDTest utility was not able to successfully create DVD-Video discs start Nero and choose DVD -> DVD-Video project. Add files from VIDEO_TS folder to Nero and record RW disc. Please note that it's nessary to choose "DVD-Video" preset in Nero 7, not "DVD-ROM(ISO)"! I've attached two screenshots.

post-1-1162285001_thumb.jpg

post-1-1162285143_thumb.jpg

Hi

Have just tested DVD on TV worked perfect and also on computer, I was advised by my Son who uses quite a lot of DVD's to buy the cheapest TDK DVD+R and every thing is Fine.

Thanks to Igor and the Team for all the work they have put into this.

RayC

I just finish the first test for DVD on a little slide show (2'44")

I choose a debit at 9800 Kb/s, select MPEG2 and DVD. It take about 2 hours to work.

The MPEG2 file seems OK, but nothing on the DVD. I'll make another test. (ratio 4:3, TV system PAL/SECAM, video type: auto, Anti-flicker filter on)

It's seem to be a long time for only 2'44" is it because of the bitrate? (PIV 2.4 Ghz 512 mb, use hardware acceleration for video)

another little point.

The french help make an error and doesn't work.

Guest Techman1

Thanks Igor (and team) for your quick work in isolating this problem. We'll wait anxiously for the next beta (#8) to come out. The interface for the Deluxe version looks good and is very intuitive, so it should be a huge success for WnSoft.

Thanks again!

Fred

Fred,

Thanks!

Jean-Pierre,

How many minutes of your slide shows for this DVD?

Speed of rendering depends on video card. Also we use series of post filters and algorithms to rich better sharpness and no flickering. On my Geforce 6800 60 seconds of slide show takes 90 seconds to encode to MPEG2. But I plan to vastly speed up rendering where static slides exists (no animation).

Try to set second CPU based graphical engine maybe it will works faster in your case: Main menu | View | Advanced | Use hardware accelleration for video and editor

Thanks Igor (and team) for your quick work in isolating this problem. We'll wait anxiously for the next beta (#8) to come out. The interface for the Deluxe version looks good and is very intuitive, so it should be a huge success for WnSoft.

Thanks again!

Fred

Igor,

Might I suggest you use some different numbering system for the Beta versions of PTE deluxe than the same beta numbers used for the standard Version 5 software. That way we know whether you are posting a new beta version of the deluxe or standard versions.

Jeff

Hi Igor,

As I mentioned above I cannot see a significant difference between the DVD burned from an AVI and the DVD burned from an MPEG2 - am I doing something wrong ?

In options I have left the BITRATE set at default (7000?) - what should it be and why?

DaveG

Jeff,

In every beta we can add new features and bug fixes to main PTE and to DVD Builder. But you're right, I'll call say beta #7A, beta #7B, etc for bugs fixes of DVD Builder.

Dave,

It's your choice DVD Builder or another DVD authoring product. I think we will have very competitive solution in final version. We set optimal parameters and bitrate, really no need to change audio or video bitrate.

Hi Igor,

Perhaps I can re-phrase.

I have been able to create a DVD using DVD Builder and the Folder option and also the MPEG2 option.

I also used the "normal" AVI method and my usual technique of creating a folder and burning that folder in Roxio 8 with the same PTE.

When I compare the results on my TV I cannot see a significant difference between the "old method" and the "new method".

Should I be able to see a difference?

The advantages of using DVD Builder are enormous and I applaud you for this new option, but should there be a difference in quality in this BETA?

Best wishes,

DaveG

Dave,

The advantage of our solution that PicturesToExe Deluxe do all work for creating DVD video and you can easily add several slide shows. Also we think that our DVD Builder has easy in use interface. Quality of video in AVI and in DVD Builder same. The only small nuance that DVD Builder renders video directly to 720x576 (if PAL), but not all programs can accept AVI with 720x576 (4:3) so by default we create 768x576 AVI file and these products should resize picture from 768x576 to 720x576. As I know only Adobe Encore can handle 720x576 AVIs and we suggest special option for it in Video window - "For Adobe Encore".

Works on DVD Builder helped me to better understands need and problems of creating DVD-Video discs and reach maximal sharpness with no flickering.

Andreas,

I spent several days to find terrific way to completely eliminate problem if jaggies on details in beta #7 (for both - AVI and DVD Builder). It's know-how of PicturesToExe. But it's with help of image file you sent me.

Hi Igor,

While I can understand the desire to improve P2E by adding a easy to use DVD authoring program, the reason I bought the beta version in May 2006 was the superior Pan and Zoom feature. I believe most users of P2E have bought it for creating high quality slideshows on computers (exe files). I do not see any progress on restoring the basic features between the last two betas and fear debugging the DVD program will consume most of WnSoft's and the forum's time.

If restoring these last features is a technological problem, I'd like to see the attempts in the betas so we can provide feedback. For me, the feature that is sorely missing is adding comments. The amount of work to use Photoshop and png files to provide comments, and to revise comments, is significant and in the end makes the program in its current form much less useful to me. Since comments are an important part of any slideshow I create, I would also like to have an opportunity to give feedback for improvements in the comments implementation before the final release.

For those who want or need DVD movie versions of their P2E slideshows, that functionality is in the current version. The Deluxe version is only offering making this process easier, and from the initial responses it appears the problems users have with 3rd party DVD authoring programs across many hardware/software parameters will be a complex (meaning timely) problem to solve.

Sincerely,

Steve

Tucson, AZ

How many minutes of your slide shows for this DVD?

I did 2 new tests, with the same slide show (duration 2'44") with and without hardware acceleration for video.

In both cases it took 1hour and 55 minutes. For the test I talk in the first post, I used hardware acceleration.

For the first test I ask for DVD and MPEG, I have MPEG but nohting on the DVD, but as it's an old system (DRU 500A), I'll make a new test on my ladtop.

My slideshow is a 4:3 ratio, but when I read the MPEG file with Windows Media Player, the ratio become 0.8.

The same slideshow with AVI encoder (Microsoft MPEG-4 Video codec) has a correct ratio when read by the same tool. I haven't find any option about that.

Jean-Pierre,

Send me please screenshot where you seen aspect ratio as 0.8 It's impossible. Media Player Classic, Media Player 10, special MPEG2 tools shows 4:3 as expected.

Try other MPEG2 files created in another program.

p.s. long time because as I said we use high quality rendering to prevent appearing of jaggies on a picture.

But you can disable this parameter if you wish: sav_hiqualityvideo in apr.ini file.

May be I made a mistake, it's always possible, I don't know well all which is video. I just send you the screen copy. I haven't other tools to do a mpeg2 file (I lose recently all my programs), but if somebody have a good mpeg2 file, I'll read it and tell you what I see. The AVI file of the same slide show is OK.