WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #7

Igor

May be Igor, I am not enough good in this part, I'll put this file on the net and will say you when it will be ready. It's the only thing I can do.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Igor

Once again congratulations on a leap forward for P2E.

However let's not get too involved in DVD production when there's still much to do with reinstating the basic functions from v4.8 to v.5 which many of us are waiting for very patiently! As has been said here, an AVI capability is already there in P2E for those who need to use it to produce DVDs, but the ability to call up another show or synch music to the slides now seems even longer away. I'm sure that you're working to complete this, but I find it frustrating that work on the main programme functions will now be held up whilst DVD is fixed.

I tried to produce a DVD too - but after 80mins (for a 13min show) it aborted withan 'eror code 143'. The .mpg files were created but not the .BUP and .IFO files. I managed to create the DVD by converting the .mpg to DVD using WinAVI and burning in Nero. I'll wait untill things are sorted out before using this facility again.

Please don't delay reinstating the basic functions we all wish for in this excellent application.

DEN (NE UK)

Igor

Once again congratulations on a leap forward for P2E.

However let's not get too involved in DVD production when there's still much to do with reinstating the basic functions from v4.8 to v.5 which many of us are waiting for very patiently! As has been said here, an AVI capability is already there in P2E for those who need to use it to produce DVDs, but the ability to call up another show or synch music to the slides now seems even longer away. I'm sure that you're working to complete this, but I find it frustrating that work on the main programme functions will now be held up whilst DVD is fixed.

I tried to produce a DVD too - but after 80mins (for a 13min show) it aborted withan 'eror code 143'. The .mpg files were created but not the .BUP and .IFO files. I managed to create the DVD by converting the .mpg to DVD using WinAVI and burning in Nero. I'll wait untill things are sorted out before using this facility again.

Please don't delay reinstating the basic functions we all wish for in this excellent application.

DEN (NE UK)

Igor,

I would like to support these comments. The lack of music synch facility is one of the major items which is probably preventing many members utilising the superb Version 5 features.

Jeff

Den,

Is it possible that where was not enough space on a disc where located temp folder? It means that one or two MPEG2 file couldn't be created. We'll add more informative text messages to prevent this situations.

Jeff,

Don't worry about it, my colleague Aleksey works on synchronization of music for PTE. DVD Builder didn't delay it even on one day. I almost finished my part of code and I'm waiting when Aleksey will finish works on music synchronization and when Artem finish works on second graphical engine.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. I mistakenly thought that I should have expected an improvement in the quality of the DVD produced in DVD Builder over other methods using 3rd party software.

DVD Builder is very user friendly and although I have not tried to do it I can see that putting multiple shows onto a DVD will be much easier. I am pleased that you have included the facility to write to either a "Folder" or "ISO File" or even MPEG as this will reduce the number of burn failures. If the folder is successfully created then there is no reason not to go ahead and burn to DVD.

I too, eagerly await the re-instatement of music sync as do most of your "fans" and this will be an event to look forward to.

How many more BETAs do you anticipate before it is achieved?

DaveG

Hi! Guys,

As I reported in a previous post in this thread. I have exactly the same problems burning as Lin, I took the advice about disc brand and purchaced 25 cheapies, guess what.... exactly the same result..... Hears what I did.....In DVD builder I unchecked everything exept create DVD folder and rendered a 4 min show into my docs folder, I then copied these files into a prog called Arcade and burned to DVD from there....the result played in WMP and on my domestic DVD player to TV and ran whith exellent quality, if I could just get DVD builder to also do the burning I would be a happy man

Tom.

If the folder is successfully created then there is no reason not to go ahead and burn to DVD.

DaveG

Not to dispute your experience and logic Dave, but so Igor knows:

In all my testing Beta #7, the folder DVD files run fine on any PC. But no burning done from DVD builder will play in my DVD for TV player. I have tried all R+.R-, RW+ etc and at the slowest speed available in DVD builder. In all cases the files play on pc only. The same avi file from PTE, when burned through Premier Elements 2, will play on the TV DVD.

Igor, one new thing I observed today.

I made Project.pte.

1.I inserted Project.pte into DVD Builder. The DVD Builder window shows ratio 4:3, and box is checked to "take aspect ratio from video file.". The resulting folder files play only on PC, but it plays as widescreen (16:9?) distorted aspect.

2. Using the same Project.pte, I selected to make AVI file. Then I inserted only the AVI file into DVD builder with same settings as used in 1. above. The new folder files play at the 4:3 ratio, not the distorted size described in 1.

Perhaps this difference can help you know what is happening and maybe a clue even to why the burning by DVD Builder does not yet work in any case for me.

Igor,

I would like to support these comments. The lack of music synch facility is one of the major items which is probably preventing many members utilising the superb Version 5 features.

Jeff

I'll add my 2 cents' worth also. I am missing the functions that were "taken away." I'm sure it's all necessary, and I'm equally sure it will be worth the wait, but I'm missing my old friends. Thanks Igor.

If anyone is having trouble rendering an AV sequence in DVD Builder, you can download from my website all the files necessary to copy to a DVD and test out your DVD player / TV system if you wish. Links are provided in another post on the "Video" forum.

The file size is about 48 Mb. Unzip the "VIDEO_TS.zip" file contents into a folder called "VIDEO_TS", and create another empty folder called "AUDIO_TS". Then burn these onto the root of a blank DVD disk and insert it into your DVD player. I also provided all the source files as well as the executible files for comparison purposes.

One thing that seems to be missing, Igor, is a provision for returning to the menu after the showing of each video show. Now, it just plays on to the next show until all have been viewed.

Tom,

Please download this utility and try to add DVD folder (you already created):

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/DVDTest.zip (670 KB)

Will recorded disc in this utility plays now?

Igor,

I have made the download as you suggested but the application will not run, I get the error message:-

Application has failed to start as STARBURN.DLL was not found.,

Tom

Robert,

Thank you for testing!

1) If you take DVD folders created by DVD Builder and burn at in Nero (File | New | DVD | DVD-Video) will it play on your DVD player?

2) Can you take VIDEO_TS folder from some another successfully burned DVD disc which plays fine, copy files to hard drive and burn again in our DVDTest.exe utility? Will this disc work now?

For example this DVD folder: http://www.wnsoft.com/test/Another_DVDFolder.zip (3 MB)

3) What DVD-RW drive you have and what DVD player?

Igor,

I have made the download as you suggested but the application will not run, I get the error message:-

Application has failed to start as STARBURN.DLL was not found.,

Tom

Igor,

I re-downloaded your utility and this time with success, I have burned a disc as you suggested but this time it plays on my computer but not on my DVD player to Tv, I get the message on my TV screen (this disc is not compatable)>

My hardware is:-

Computer:- Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833s (Laptop).

TV. Panasonic DMR-E65 DVD Recorder.

Tom.

Robert,

Thank you for testing!

1) If you take DVD folders created by DVD Builder and burn at in Nero (File | New | DVD | DVD-Video) will it play on your DVD player?

2) Can you take VIDEO_TS folder from some another successfully burned DVD disc which plays fine, copy files to hard drive and burn again in our DVDTest.exe utility? Will this disc work now?

For example this DVD folder: http://www.wnsoft.com/test/Another_DVDFolder.zip (3 MB)

3) What DVD-RW drive you have and what DVD player?

DVD burner is HP Lightscribe DVD 640c

The DVD Player is Go.Video brand ( I will have to look up model # later.)

Interesting results from the above request:

1. I don't currently have Nero installed on this PC. I do have Nero and can try it later if still helpful.

2. I copied your VIDEO_TS from your Another_DVDFolder.zip and then burned it with the DVDTest.exe utility. The burned DVD does NOT play in the DVD Player.

3. From a DVD of PTE show burned with Premier Elements 2 (that plays well on DVD Player/TV), I copied the VIDEO_TS to my hardrive and used your DVDTest.exe utility to burn it to DVD. THIS new DVD does play in the DVD Player/TV. I am surprized this one now plays, but the same test with your file does not.

4. I have a second DVD Player (also Go.Video, but different model, which also has built-in DVD burner. I find that both the new test DVD's play in it. I also find, earlier DVD Builder output also play in this 2nd Go.Video, but not in the first one.

Thank you for your dedication to solving such issues. Please let me know what else migt be helpful.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I threw about 10 pictures together, did one pan and one zoom, did the burn CD thing (from PTE) and it ran fine on the computer and on the DVD player.

I have a Tsst burner in a HP ZD8000 laptop and a Pioneer DVD player.

Thank you all for the help!

It seems that problem in VOB/IFO files in VIDEO_TS folder. So please temporarily don't use Create DVD folders, Create ISO image, and Burn DVD-Video disc options.

We're working on solution now.

If you wish you can use option Create MPEG2 files.

Hi

My problem is a bit mundane amidst all this talk about burning DVD's etc.

I have just finished my first sequence using PTE 5 . While I was working on Beta 6 version all was well. This morning I downloaded Beta 7 and at the end of the sequence the music starts again, plays about 3 bars from the start of the music , I get black boxes across the screen and then the music cuts out.

I have deleted the music, added it again. I have selected "close show " on main project option tab and have only " play music " ticked on music project option

I am on Windows XP

Hoping someone can help

when I read the MPEG file with Windows Media Player, the ratio become 0.8.

I send to Igor the screen copy which is at a ratio of 0.8, but I try the same file on my ladtop, and always with WMP, it was 0.75. I made tests on both PC and for several file and DVD, even those I did with Ulead Movies Factory, I have the same result with Windows Media Player :

0.8 on the desktop, 0.75 on the ladtop. If somebody knows why, or had the same problem, I'll be happy to understand.

The MPEG2 size is 720 x 576 which is a 0.8 ratio but is normally see as 0.75 ratio by all systems, what doesn't do Windows Media Player on my Desktop. If I hadn't make a screenshoot, I could think I had a bad dream :-)

I just change Windows Media Plaver V9 by Version 10.00.00, always 0.8 ratio on the desktop.

I stop to try to understand.

Test with VLC on the same desktop : 768 x 576 = 0.75 Many thanks Bill

Bethalan

You wrote - "I have just finished my first sequence using PTE 5 . While I was working on Beta 6 version all was well. This morning I downloaded Beta 7 and at the end of the sequence the music starts again, plays about 3 bars from the start of the music , I get black boxes across the screen and then the music cuts out."

If you have a sound editing programme such as Audition or Audacity, just at two or three extra second of silence at the end of the sound track.

Ron [uK]

The code of slide show viewer same in beta #7 as in previous beta #6

p.s. The next beta #8 will be soon and slide shows will work even on very old video cards like v4.48 So slide show with simple effects (Fade in/out and no animation) will have same quality and speed as in previous v4.48

Bethalan

You wrote - "I have just finished my first sequence using PTE 5 . While I was working on Beta 6 version all was well. This morning I downloaded Beta 7 and at the end of the sequence the music starts again, plays about 3 bars from the start of the music , I get black boxes across the screen and then the music cuts out."

If you have a sound editing programme such as Audition or Audacity, just at two or three extra second of silence at the end of the sound track.

Ron [uK]

Thanks Ron

I will try that. In the mean time I reloaded Beta 6, took out the last slide which was a blank and it worked. I will go back to Beta 7 and try out your suggestion

Beth

Thank you all for the help!

It seems that problem in VOB/IFO files in VIDEO_TS folder. So please temporarily don't use Create DVD folders, Create ISO image, and Burn DVD-Video disc options.

We're working on solution now.

If you wish you can use option Create MPEG2 files.

I can find the video button which you say I should not use, but where are the alternative options to create an ISO image - Burn DVD-Video Disk or create an MPEG2 file please?

Cheers, Derek