WnSoft Forums

Movie

fgnoel

Is there any way to insert a movie, ie avi or mpg file, as a slide within a slide show. I know that I can use the object editor to insert a button on a slide that, when clicked, will take me to the movie, but I would like to have the movie play automatically, full screen, when the associated slide is reached in the show, and after the movie then it would automatically go to the next slide. Similar to what can be done in power point.

Thanks.

Frank

Hello Frank,

The possibilities you ask for are not within the capabilities of PTE ... nor was it built to be a full multimedia platform.

PTE is not able to send multiple actions thru its objects or buttons ... which of course is what you require to do as you have suggested. Nor does it send commandline functions directly ... but it will indirectly thru other sources you may have.

If you have the know-how to implement commandline functions and parameters by other means, this LINE below will set you off in the right direction ( of course you must insert your own variables( mine uses mplayer2 and video.avi) As this LINE will auto OPEN full screen, play the video and then auto close the video.

For your run or open commandline use :

start mplayer2.exe /fullscreen /play /close \video.avi

fgnoel

Since PTE can not execute commandline or multiple functions from its buttons/objects commands ... you need to implement these commands by means of other sources. These other sources are made from programing tools, commandline or script compliers , etc. One can also be a bit creative in batch files to implement various commands.

Without getting too indepth, this is definitely not for the average user... as all this is going to take some "Know-How" in script building on your part. Plus these other sources cannot be compiled into your PTE show ... so they will remain as external parts.

Hope my previous post was not easily misleading ...