WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #8

Igor

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #8

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

What's new in beta #8

+ Fully reworked Wnsoft Video Builder. It creates fully DVD-Video compliant discs now.

+ Added "Perspective correction for Zoom" option for objects. See "Objects and animation" window.

With this option enabled we simulate true movement of a camera to an object.

+ Rendering of video takes lesser time now (on slides where no Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects).

+ Added "Scale keypoints in objects (on time change)" option in properties of a slide, "Main" tab.

This option useful if you have complex animation (with several keypoints) and you need to change slide time from 4 seconds to 12 seconds, for example.

+ You can customize double click in the Slide list: show Slide window or Objects and animation window. See main menu | View | Advanced options.

* Fixed several bugs in the main program of PicturesToExe.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Thanks for the latest beta version. I look forward to testing it. One question, does this latest version run on older PC's if you don't use the Pan-Zoom-Rotate features? The description in your other post said no, but then it explained about the new engine (so, I'm a little confused :blink: ).

Thank you again.

Fred

Thank You Igor and all your team. :)

I look forward to testing this new version.

With Best Wishes

Maureen

Thank you Igor and the Team,

I have made a DVD using this beta (#8) and it plays on all my DVD players and very smoothly I might add, I now look foreward to making another sequence using all the bells and whistles to test them out, I shall keep you informed of the result.

Tom.

We're very grateful to all who helped us to make better Video Builder in PicturesToExe Deluxe!

Also thanks to Stephen Newcomb who told about interesting idea - true linear Zoom as in life.

p.s. we're working already several months on all modes with sound synchronization. It will be ready in the next beta #9 soon.

Fred, now "Objects and animation" window doesn't require video card. And video can be rendered on any PC. As next step, we'll add this second graphical engine to slide show engine in beta #9

Just tried to set the "Show first transition effect from desktop" and the "show transistion effect to desktop after last slide" and neither seem to work. Is this something that is just missing from the beta or a bug?

Steve,

These haven't been activated yet in v.5.

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #8

Honestly, I'm really impressed with some of the new features you introduced in this beta.

A big and sincere thank you for listening and implementing members suggestions.

I quickly tested those features and they work very well.

- Perspective correction for Zoom : very usefull ! I made a test and you can clearly see the difference.

Those who thought that the zoom was not linear will understand why you implemented this option.

Congratulations to Stephen Newcomb for the suggestion.

- Scale keypoints in objects : IMHO, it was an essential feature.

We asked for it and you made it. :)

Thank you.

- customize double click : I never dared to ask you to make it ... but here it is.

I already set this option to "Objects and Animation on double click". ;)

I feel like we are spoiled once again.

Do not forget that most of the editors released their final version when it's finished and do not give the opportunity to the users to interact with the developments and make suggestions. They choose a couple of beta testers and the others have to wait for months/years.

I personally really appreciate Wnsoft policy.

So thank you very much and congratulations for this new great beta ! :)

from my test log

p2e video builder beta test check sheet

NOV 30 06 B8 TEST.- START TEST 12:06 MADE WITH A DEFAULT P2E

FINISH TEST 13:00

TOTAL TIME TO COMPLETE ALL FUNCTIONS 1HR 6 MINS

CPU USE PEAK AT 47%

PTE EXE 41%

CPU TEMP DEGF 125

MOB TEMP DEGF 86

BURN AT 12X

MENU WORKS = Y

DVD DISK WILL PLAY IN WMP 10 = Y

DVD DISK WILL PLAY IN CITIZEN DVD PLAYER TO TV = Y

DVD DISK WITH ALL FILES -- 976 MB

COMMENTS

VERY SMOOTH TRANSITIONS

- COLOURS PERFECT

- RUNTIME = 9MINS 51 SECS

OTHER VIDEO FOLDER

MPEG = 530 MB

ISO = 1 GB

VIDEO_TS FOLDER = 525 MB

ATI ALL IN WONDER 2006 C/W 256 RAM - 9600 SERIES

KEN

Steve,

Just tried to set the "Show first transition effect from desktop" and the "show transistion effect to desktop after last slide" and neither seem to work. Is this something that is just missing from the beta or a bug?

Please see a new topic I just started on the forum.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5239

Thanks to all for checking this beta version!

Hi Igor,

When time will let you please contact me. I am starting with 18 brand new presentations. I will try to use the latest version. I saw a few problems which we have to discuss!

Hi HvK,

If I can suggest, why don't you post a message about those problems ?

It would be interesting to discuss about them all together. :)

- Perspective correction for Zoom : very usefull ! I made a test and you can clearly see the difference.

Those who thought that the zoom was not linear will understand why you implemented this option.

Congratulations to Stephen Newcomb for the suggestion.

Actually, could you please tell us how exactly this option works because I continued to make some tests and it seems it doesn't work any more. :blink:

I have two problems :

- when I press play in the O/A window, the object with "Perspective correction for Zoom" applied is invisible. :huh:

- when I click on "preview", the object with "Perspective correction for Zoom" appears but it looks exactly like the same one without "Perspective correction for Zoom" applied. :huh:

May be I made something wrong but can't understand what it is.

I posted a PTE project to show you.

On both slide :

the object on the left is without "Perspective correction for Zoom"

the object on the right is with "Perspective correction for Zoom"

Could anybody download this project and tell me if he has the same behaviours I noticed.

Thanks. :)

PerspectiveCorrection_TEST.zip

Try to set Zoom for some image.

Then clone this object and make it 50% opacity in both keypoints. And set "Perspective correction" option.

You should see difference in Preview or in created EXE file.

Hi Igor,

My "perception" is that the first part of a zoom in is "quicker" with "Perspective correction" checked, but perception can be deceiving. Is this what is happening? Is it a non-linear zoom?

Best regards,

Lin

Try to set Zoom for some image.

Then clone this object and make it 50% opacity in both keypoints. And set "Perspective correction" option.

You should see difference in Preview or in created EXE file.

Igor,

Sorry to insist, but I really think I have a problem with this option.

I recorded what I made and what I see.

Could you please download this flash movie and give me your diagnostic ? :(

http://thefreedom.free.fr/PerspectiveCorrection.zip

Lin,

Could you please post a PTE project with this option ?

I would really like to see if the problem occurs on my pc with a project made by something else.

Thanks to both of you. :)

Igor,

Sorry to insist, but I really think I have a problem with this option.

I recorded what I made and what I see.

Could you please download this flash movie and give me your diagnostic ? :(

http://thefreedom.free.fr/PerspectiveCorrection.zip

Lin,

Could you please post a PTE project with this option ?

I would really like to see if the problem occurs on my pc with a project made by something else.

Thanks to both of you. :)

It's not working the same way for me in the preview as in the executable. I've created a short executable using a 1 foot (12 inch) ruler. I have duplicated the slide so the first slide with no transitions runs for 30 seconds without perspective correction while the second slide (duplicate) runs 30 seconds "with" perspective correction. I've put a stopwatch on it and checked the time it takes for the 2.75 inch to reach the left margin of the monitor. Without perspective correction it's approximately 16 seconds. With perspective correction it's about 23 seconds. So the executable is doing opposite the Preview where it appears that the Perspective correction is acutally a bit "faster" to that point but only by a second.

Here are links to two zip files. First the pte for the two slide demo then for the executable:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/perception.zip

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/perspective.zip

Lin

I found bug in Preview function. It possible that you work with old variant of preview from previous beta.

To fix this problem, please install new beta #8 again and immediately run fullscreen Preview. Now you'll have new Preview function (PTE will put new PtePreview.exe file).

I'll fix this bug ASAP.

Just an aside, but the "Edit" function doesn't appear to be working for me on this board right now. I wanted to add to my first post that I've discovered that the Perspective correction on the zoom doesn't act the same way in the Preview as in the executable and note that I have posted links to a sample where you can test the pte file with preview against the executable.

Best regards,

Lin