WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #8

Igor

Could anybody download this project and tell me if he has the same behaviours I noticed.

Thanks. :)

Dom,

I get the same result as you with the example you provided. However, on a single-object example, the perspective effect does work properly. And, if I delete one of your objects, in order to make the other one behave properly, I find I have to delete the second key-point, and re-create it before the playback is smooth on the timeline. But after closing the O/A window, and opening it again, the problem is back.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I installed PTE b.8 again, and I still have the same problem with Dom's example. I removed one of the objects, and it plays OK in the main Preview, but in the O/A preview, the object completely disappears from the screen until the end of the action.

If I re-establish the end keypoint, everything is fine until I close O/A, and reopen it, at which time the same problem reapears. When I click off "Perspective control", the problem disappears.

It's not working the same way for me in the preview as in the executable.

I just confirmed Lin's findings (with his examples). However, I can't duplicate the problem that I am having with Dom's example. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that in Dom's example, the object is zooming out to almost zero (0.001).

I just uploaded updated beta 8A

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

It fixes one bug with "Perspective correction for Zoom" option. In some cases it just didn't work.

And I fixed bug when installer didn't update Preview module.

Dominique,

But in your example all is right. Difference between sizes in two keypoints is about 65000 times. (65% and 0.001%) Perspective correction works this way. It like if imagine that you watch from Jupiter how Earth moves to Sun from Jupiter. Earth will quickly become an invisible point.

If you set 1% instead of 0.001% all will be OK.

Further to the perspective zoom issue, I have uploaded a demo to illustrate this effect (using Lin's ruler method).

You can download the project files at http://www.alrobinson.com/perspective-zoom-demo.zip, and the .exe file at http://www.alrobinson.com/perspective-zoom-exe.zip . Each file is around 1.5 to 2 Mb in size. Note that the ".exe" file now behaves exactly the same as the project file.

Please let me know if you have trouble running either one, and also any conclusions you come up with as a result of watching the demo. Bear in mind it is only a technical test for illustration purposes, and does not portray the visual or emotional impact of one versus the other. :)

I just uploaded updated beta 8A

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

It fixes one bug with "Perspective correction for Zoom" option. In some cases it just didn't work.

And I fixed bug when installer didn't update Preview module.

Thank you very for this quick fix Igor! :)

I installed this new version (8A) an everything works now perfectly on the other tests I made (beetween 100% and 10 % by example).

On the previous version, I confirm that there was no difference beetween the object with Perspective correction and the other object without Perspective correction.

Dominique,

But in your example all is right. Difference between sizes in two keypoints is about 65000 times. (65% and 0.001%) Perspective correction works this way. It like if imagine that you watch from Jupiter how Earth moves to Sun from Jupiter. Earth will quickly become an invisible point.

If you set 1% instead of 0.001% all will be OK.

I understand your explanation and now perfectly got the idea how this perspective correction works. :)

I realize that the example I posted was not appropriate to show you the problem I got. :P

I modified the project a little bit and here is an other demo of this "Perspective correction" feature.

Thanks again.

EarthZoom.zip

Hi Al,

As the instigator of the "Perspective Correction" feature (I don't like the name much, but that's up to WnSoft), I found it interesting that it could selectively be applied to different objects in a slide. As I invisioned it, it was a correction to the zoom function itself so that the software simulation would follow the physics more closely of the rostrum cameras used by Ken Burns in his documentries (and now I've learned of Ken Morse of the UK, probably preceding Mr. Burns), as well as others. In other words, I see it as a function affecting the entire scene and I would want all the objects to either have the box checked or unchecked. Clearly it's more versatile in this implementation, but may also be more confusing to some.

In the simplest terms, the original zoom function of previous P2E betas appears to decelerate when zooming inwards (and accelerate when zooming out). This is useful for zooming into a face and a slowing down is desired.

The "Perspective Correction" zoom function appears to accelerate when zooming inwards (and decelerate when zooming out). This is useful when there is a fairly large zooming out and you don't want the end of the zoom to displayed for a brief time.

Now there is a simple way to create the opposite zoom effect for P2E slideshows (something that simply speeding up or down either function wouldn't achieve).

Steve

Tucson, AZ USA

.....Please let me know if you have trouble running either one, and also any conclusions you come up with as a result of watching the demo.

Al

exe plays fine

but 2 picts missing in

http://www.alrobinson.com/perspective-zoom-demo.zip

ken

Thanks, Ken - I've added the dark slide into the zipped file, and it should now download properly from my site. Sorry for the inconvenience for those who took the time to download the file earlier. :)

Igor,

Thanks for work on Beta 8. I have loaded it and tried again to create a

DVD of 15 of my sequences. (I sent an email of my failure with Beta 7).

Resultant DVD 4.2G and runtime of 1H25m. Works fine. Only problem

two of my 10sec animated icons are missing (nos.8 & 12) they have been

replaced by part of the "resave project in PTE5" warning logo.

Regards, Roger

Hi Al,

As the instigator of the "Perspective Correction" feature (I don't like the name much, but that's up to WnSoft), I found it interesting that it could selectively be applied to different objects in a slide. As I invisioned it, it was a correction to the zoom function itself so that the software simulation would follow the physics more closely of the rostrum cameras used by Ken Burns in his documentries (and now I've learned of Ken Morse of the UK, probably preceding Mr. Burns), as well as others. In other words, I see it as a function affecting the entire scene and I would want all the objects to either have the box checked or unchecked. Clearly it's more versatile in this implementation, but may also be more confusing to some.

In the simplest terms, the original zoom function of previous P2E betas appears to decelerate when zooming inwards (and accelerate when zooming out). This is useful for zooming into a face and a slowing down is desired.

The "Perspective Correction" zoom function appears to accelerate when zooming inwards (and decelerate when zooming out). This is useful when there is a fairly large zooming out and you don't want the end of the zoom to displayed for a brief time.

Now there is a simple way to create the opposite zoom effect for P2E slideshows (something that simply speeding up or down either function wouldn't achieve).

Steve

Tucson, AZ USA

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure to undesrstand the purpose of your message.

Igor plan to include in Beta#10-11 a feature to adjust speed for Zoom (and for Pan & Rotate as well).

I guess it will be something like acceleration/decceleration option.

I don't know how it will works exactly but we can think that this feature can be combined with the "Perspective Correction".

Is it what you have in mind ?

Hi Al,

Steve,

Thanks for your comments and observations. I think this is a wonderful addition to PTE effects, and congratulations for suggesting it.

I'm not sure why you are objecting to selective application of this effect. You can still apply it to the entire scene as you suggest, merely by making the overall "background" image the "main image", and applying the perspective effect by checking the box for this "object". Any sub-objects (or "child" objects) of that image will also have the same perspective effect applied to them (as you can see in the demo I provided in my post).

You could decide to leave it at that, or, as Igor has so skillfully designed into the new version, you could also combine this action with a similar effect on other objects (perhaps ones closer to the camera), and achieve something even more startling! :)

The way Igor has set up v.5 provides a multitude of technical possibilities, and made it relatively simple to combine them in different ways to come up with spectacular transitions and effects. PTE is like a basic "building-block" set for digital AV artists, who are limited only by their imaginations. B)

Other AV programs provide a multitude of different specific effects and transitions, (for which you usually have to pay more money) instead of providing, as PTE does, a basic high-quality "engine", a few basic transitions and effects, and the capability to combine and design new actions and effects from "scratch".

Igor, I am surprized by the following as I try DVD function of Beta #8 and Beta #8a. (In earlier testing, a PRE Beta #8 of November 13, worked for me with no problems.)

With Beta #8 and Beta #8a, in main PTE screen I push Video/Create DVD disc, the main window of Wnsoft DVD Builder opens but displays the following in an error box.

Access violation at 005B046A in module "VideoBuilder.exe". Read of address: 00000000

If I click "OK" in the error box, the program attempts to email a log of the problem. The email does not succeed so I have attached the log file generated by this problem. This error message occurs every time and will not let me go further on the DVD Builder.

A further surprize to me is that I can use Windows Explorer to open the "VideoBuilder.exe" directly from the sub-folder of PTE Beta #8. There I can successfully burn a DVD of the desired shows. While keeping PTE open and the working Wnsoft Video Builder open, if I again try to access through PTE/Create DVD disc, that instance will again only produce the error message.

I hope this may be useful information to help you with a quick fix.

As always, Thank You Igor and team.

PTE_dVd_Builder_log1.txt

Further to the discussion of perspective zoom, here is another example to illustrate in a real example, side-by-side, the difference between zooming with and without perspective zoom control.

perspective-zoom-exe-2.zip (2 Mb) - best viewed in widescreen format.

Igor, I am surprized by the following as I try DVD function of Beta #8 and Beta #8a. (In earlier testing, a PRE Beta #8 of November 13, worked for me with no problems.)

With Beta #8 and Beta #8a, in main PTE screen I push Video/Create DVD disc, the main window of Wnsoft DVD Builder opens but displays the following in an error box.

Igor

Unlike LumenLux, I tried both Beta #8 & 8A with the same 60.3 MB slide show I've been using in the past and can get to the Wnsoft Video Builder page without getting an error message. I can Add PTE Project Files & click Next to get to the edit Title page without any problems. I've stopped there without actually burning a DVD...Harvey

Hi Dom,

Igor plan to include in Beta#10-11 a feature to adjust speed for Zoom (and for Pan & Rotate as well).

I guess it will be something like acceleration/decceleration option.

I don't know how Igor plans to implement the speed (accelerate/decelerate) adjustment to either zoom function. But if it is similar to other programs' implementations, then it will be a multiplier effect on the function. If this is the case, the original zoom function will zoom in faster when accelerated, but over the course of the zoom (from beginning to end) it will still decelereate while zooming toward an image.

I don't know how it will works exactly but we can think that this feature can be combined with the "Perspective Correction". Is it what you have in mind ?

I agree with you that whatever adjustment is applied to the original zoom function that it probably (though not necessarily) will work with the "Perspective Correction" checkbox. We'll just have to see.

Al, I wasn't objecting to Wnsoft's implementation as much as just stating how it was different than what I expected and how I view the PZR effect. I see it more from the camera's viewpoint, rather than objects. I agree with you that their implementation is more versatile and will lead to more startling effects, particularly 3D like surreal effects with multiple objects zooming in a scene. But I also think it will require more care and attention to each object's checkbox and is potentially more confusing overall. If your multiple zoomed objects scene doesn't look quite right or how you want it to look, double check the "Perspective Correction" checkboxes.

.....You can still apply it to the entire scene as you suggest, merely by making the overall "background" image the "main image", and applying the perspective effect by checking the box for this "object". Any sub-objects (or "child" objects) of that image will also have the same perspective effect applied to them

Actually, the way it is currently implemented the "Perspective Correction" is not an inheritable trait. I assume you are talking about the case where the sub-object has a zoom as well as the main image? In this case the sub-object's zoom will be performed according to whatever its own "Perspective Correction" is set to, in addition to the parent object's settings.

For my purposes it is even easier than you suggest. Since most of my slides have just one object zooming, the main image, there is no need to worry about the checkboxes on any other objects in the slide. It only matters when there are other objects in the slide with their own zoom settings.

Steve

Tucson, AZ USA

...... Actually, the way it is currently implemented the "Perspective Correction" is not an inheritable trait. I assume you are talking about the case where the sub-object has a zoom as well as the main image? In this case the sub-object's zoom will be performed according to whatever its own "Perspective Correction" is set to, in addition to the parent object's settings. .....

Steve,

Well, it depends on how you define "inherited". If you apply perspective zoom to the parent, any "child" objects will also zoom in that fashion. To me, that's "inherited". Other than that, though, I think we are talking the same language. :)

I agree that if you give the "child" an additional independent zoom, then it will zoom at an amount equal to that of the parent (could be "perspective") plus whatever "kick" you give it on it's own, whether it be ordinary zoom or perspective zoom. And, I agree with you that even though the parent may have "perspective zoom", one would have to check the box for the child to have it's own additional zoom behave that way relative to the parent.

Robert,

Thanks! Sergey recently fixed that problem with error message.

Please try special beta 8B:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_4-12-2006.zip

(We reworked burning module, it temporarily doesn't show progress of burning)

Try also set 320 kbit audio bitrate with this beta of Video Builder

Thank you Igor. Your specil beta 8B has cured the reported problem. However -

I have made a several successful DVD burns with 8b. But the first try did not get to the burn stage. In Video Builder, I inserted several .pte projects. During the last .pte, (before any Burn), an error box popped up:

Muxer Error Error Code 31.

I later included the same .pte in another group and the DVD burned successfully.

Attached is screen shot of the process up to the point of the error message stop.,

post-50-1165259268_thumb.jpg

In the Wnsoft Video Builder section of beta #8b, should I be able to include a free-standing Mpeg2 file and have it play just like the PTE shows play when they are inserted in the builder? I can do that with an .avi file. I can not get Video Builder to accept the mpeg file. The mpeg was encoded from an analog video camera. The mpeg plays readily in Windows Media Player and I can burn it to a functional DVD using Premier Elements. But somehow, I may be missing how to burn it with PTE's Wnsoft Video Burner. I thought some of you have been doing this without a hitch?

Robert,

Thanks we're working on bug with mixer error 31.

Video Builder in v5.00 will not support direct adding of MPEG2 files. It's a subject of the next version v5.1 Because we have to stop and try to make final build for the new version.