WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #8

Igor

Sorry for the late reply but I was building my autorun first.........

I found some serious problems in timing with fade in-out when you load older pte files. All my old files running very smootly but version 5 runs it like a grandprix race!!! The shows made in older versions running MUCH too fast and I can't set the duration time of the effect longer then 3seconds either when the main display time is 3sec or less! I found the only solution so far by set the dispay time at 7 seconds. The display time is not accurate!

Secondly I can't find an easy way to keep the ORIGINAL pictures size without changing their format. I found a way how to do it but I have to do it file by file. It's very hard when there are 200 pics in the presentation already. I maybe I overlook something!!!

I like the auto screen setting VERY much but not if my pics getting resized because quality loss! Many people will not see it but sadly I do!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found some serious problems in timing with fade in-out when you load older pte files. All my old files running very smootly but version 5 runs it like a grandprix race!!! The shows made in older versions running MUCH too fast and I can't set the duration time of the effect longer then 3seconds either when the main display time is 3sec or less! I found the only solution so far by set the dispay time at 7 seconds. The display time is not accurate!

Hans,

This is a well-known situation.

In version 5, the timing definitions have changed - in v.4 "duration of slide" excludes the transition time, whereas in v.5, it more correctly includes the transition time, thereby making the older shows run faster. So, to run a non-synched v.4 show in v.5, the timing will have to be re-established. One way to do it would be to use the "Adjustor" spreadsheet model to readjust all the times first, and then import the show into v.5.

See: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....transition+time .

I am not sure... about the timing problem I had and that drove me so crazy that I stopped checking version 5 for a little while first! Anyway, last night I use the old beta version 3 trick!!! I cleanup and reinstall version 5 and now it's gone HIHIHI

At least now all the old (**.pte) files running smoothly as before and time setting working perfectly too now!

Most problems I cope with happens with the new object/animation editor but I don't have time to went through all previous feedback and comments right now. I see several things that not working in the editor (add buttons, texts etc...) and it probably already should be mentioned before. I would love to see an OK button at first so you can confirm the action you just did! (like in the old editor!

My biggest concern right now (and that's why I make my new shows on version 4.47) is that the pictures resize to screen. You can nicely put the MODE in original but just for the picture showing up in the object editor. What about all the 200 other pictures ???????? I think I miss something here.... you should be able to set all pics in original mode by one click or 1 setting so far I couldn't find it!

Thanks Ken!!

That save me some time!

Oh... I know very well how Igor works hihihi. He is great and takes comments real seriously. Of course new things need time...

There many great new options. Most of us were really eager to be able to make shows that run directly from dvd on tv. So far i didn't try that, like I never did any actions with flash, animations or moving things because it doesn't belong to the way I do my presentations. I just make shows for nature and wildlife lovers so any moving thing takes away the eyes from what I want to show people.

Hans

just to give you an idea

using a p4 2.8 ghz 1 gb ram ati all in wonder with 256 ram

70 slides with some pan and zoom incl 3 mp3's takes 1 hr + to encode to dvd using v5 beta 8

included in the time is all the functions of the setup page - mpeg, iso,dvd folders, menu, dvd and import all files

ken

post-16-1165579224_thumb.jpg

Hans,

Really there was a bug with importing of old not synchronized slide show saved in previous v4.48

I fixed this bug in lastest beta 8.

Al is also right - in new v5.00 time of slide includes duration of a transition effect.

My biggest concern right now (and that's why I make my new shows on version 4.47) is that the pictures resize to screen. You can nicely put the MODE in original but just for the picture showing up in the object editor. What about all the 200 other pictures ???????? I think I miss something here.... you should be able to set all pics in original mode by one click or 1 setting so far I couldn't find it!

Yes, it easily possible in v5.00. Open Project options, Screen tab.

Set checked "Disable scaling of main images" option and click "Set for existing slides" button to apply it for current slides. Now all current and all future slides will not be resized and shown as is.

But I highly don't recommend this mode! There a lot of high resolution displays and your slide show will not look correctly. Also in v5.00 resizing of images looks a little better (more sharp) than in previous v4.48 So I recommend to use new mode suggested by default - proportional scaling of images.

In a previous post I mentioned the difference in timing definition between v.4 and v.5 (confirmed above by Igor). However, I was incorrect in one aspect.

When one imports a non-synched show from v.4 to v.5, unless the duration time is less than the transition time, there is no problem with importing the show as the timing is automatically corrected for each slide in the "Customize slide" menu.

For example, if a show created in v.4 uses a "Proj Ops" duration of 4 seconds and transition time of 5 seconds (total time 9 seconds), in version 5 "Proj Ops" will show a duration of 4 seconds and transition time of 5 seconds (but duration should include transition time for any new slides added). However, v.5 corrects the timing for each slide in "Customize slide", so that for each of the previously-added slides, duration will be 9 seconds, and the transition time will be 5 seconds, so that the maker will not notice any difference in the timing.

However, Project Options should also be designed to show a duration of 9 seconds, not 4 sec. As it is now, if the maker adds a new slide to the show, and then runs "Preview", he or she will receive the caution message shown below. This is because Proj Ops is instructing the program to use a duration time of 4 seconds and a transition time of 5 seconds - an incompatibility in the new PTE v.5.

post-215-1165589257_thumb.jpg

Igor,

In version 5 I can't load previous versions of PTE in which I group objects in editor so I can't play around with these older files or shows to test certain things with version 5. The group option is very important to prevent viewings problems when people don't want to use the screensetting as you requered for the show!!

Set checked "Disable scaling of main images" option and click "Set for existing slides" button to apply it for current slides. Now all current and all future slides will not be resized and shown as is.

But I highly don't recommend this mode! (...) So I recommend to use new mode suggested by default - proportional scaling of images.

This is something that I don't understand and don't like :huh:

When I prepare a show, I first reduce the original images at the size I want them for a specific purpose; so I don't understand why this default option of v. 4.48 has been changed, and why you recommend not to use it.

For example, if I have voluntarily sized my images down to 800x600 px, it is not to see them enlarged to 1600x1200 if the viewer's screen is at this resolution ! Maybe that "in v5.00 resizing of images looks a little better (more sharp) than in previous v4.48", but I would be very suprized that 800 px images still look good at 1600 !

I know it's possible to change this default setting, but I fear that some users of v 4.x will be confused and that future new users of v 5 will stick to the default option (precisely because it's not recommended to change it) and that we'll see some disasters on our screens; I use a 22" monitor at 1600x1200 and I very often see this kind of disaster with shows made with Proshow whose default options are of the 'fit to screen' type.

I, too, am puzzled about this. I downsize my images in shows that I sell for the size I want them displayed and I definitely do not want them upsized for viewing on larger monitors. Part of the reason for the downsizing is so that the show is viewable universally regardless of monitor size. But the other reason is NOT to give them an image large enough that they can use some method of screen capture and print at a reasonable size. If there is a reason for this new option, I would prefer that it NOT be the default so that I don't have to worry about checking it every time.

I, too, at one time preferred to have my shows viewed at the size in which they were created. However, now that we have v.5, with superior up-sizing algorithms, I would much prefer to have the objects and PZR effects behave the same on all (or most) monitors rather than have to request that the viewers change their screen resolutions to suit.

If you have a show at a much smaller resolution than most monitors, it would perhaps be better to create it in "windowed" mode than force the viewer to watch it at a certain resolution or have it automatically resized.

Hello,

yesterday, we had a show.

Some of the presentations where made by PTE 4 and some with PTE 5 beta 5,6 or 7.

We used a portable with dual screen... One screen (main screen = beamer) did the presentation, the other screen (pc screen) had the list with all presentations. All presentations made in PTE 5 had a problem.

When we selected (setting the focus) to the next presentation in the explorer with the previous PTE was running, the presentation stops running the images while the sound is continue running.

Regards,

Kurt Rogiers

Kurt,

It's not a bug. Current beta versions are not fully functional.

The next beta 9 will be almost fully functional.

Hans,

For needs of Pan/Zoom/Rotate and right work of objects we should use relative sizes of images in v5.00

But you can set absolute size (global option) and make template that will be automatically used for new projects.

Even with latest Beta 8e, on a successfully burned DVD, some PTE shows do not show as photos in the Menu (thumbnail) windows. For example - on DVD I burned of 8 PTE shows. On menu, shows #1, #2, #3, and #6 show up as black thumbnails in the DVD menu screen. All the shows play fine.

Do we know why?

Robert,

We just prepared beta 8f it solves that bug with old projects created in v4.48 (Serget wrote you a letter with additional details):

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_beta8g.zip

Concerning black thumbnails on DVD.

It's not a bug, almost in all cases Video Builder gets right picture from beginning of a second slide. But you can choose any moment of slide show to display on this thumbnail. See "Select frame" button on the second page of Video Builder.

Even with latest Beta 8e, on a successfully burned DVD, some PTE shows do not show as photos in the Menu (thumbnail) windows. For example - on DVD I burned of 8 PTE shows. On menu, shows #1, #2, #3, and #6 show up as black thumbnails in the DVD menu screen. All the shows play fine.

Do we know why?

LumenLux,

I had a similar problem with a black frame or wrong frame showing on menu slides. My problem was fixed by unselecting 'animated menu' option in Project Options. This option is 'on' by default

Limey

Limey and Igor, thank you both.

I will try Limey's suggestion. I have already tried Igor's suggestion to select a different frame for the thumbnail. The "problem" show would still not appear instead of the black. I wonder if it has anything to do with the duration of the slide or transition effect?

We'll try to solve this problem.

If it happens with particular slide show only and all is OK with others. Please send to my colleague,

Sergey, full ZIP backup of this slide show. It will help us to quickly find and solve this problem.

Yes, Igor, the thumbnails work correctly with most shows. On the DVD with 8 shows, 4 or 5 worked correctly. To help you isolate the problem, I have emailed Sergey a link to a backup zip of one of the shows that has the black thumbnail problem.

The zip file also includes the Video Builder .ptv file for each of five variations I used Video Builder on the same .PTE show. Maybe these results (from the five variations) can help you to solve so thumbnails work on every show.

1. animate black.ptv

Animate box checked, burned dvd shows black thumbnail in menu.

2. static thumbnail.ptv -

Animate box UNchecked, DVD shows thumbnail correctly.

3. trans animate.ptv - ("select frame" as transitition between slides #5 & #6)

Animate box checked, DVD shows black thumbnail.

4. trans static.ptv - ("select frame" as transition between slides #5 & #6)

Animate box UNchecked, DVD shows thumbnail correctly.

5. Tess animate.ptv - (Slide #9 used as "select frame" for menu.)

Animate box checked, burned dvd show black thumbnail in menu.