PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #8t

Igor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I continue to test DVD Builder every chance I get. My most recent project has been done in V4.48 and I wanted to give Builder a chance for the DVD version. DVD Builder asked me to resave in V5, which I did. The resultant DVD is the clear quality we know. However, none of my "objects" show up, so I have some blank screens in the DVD version. I assume this is because V5, in spite of all the O & A capabilities, does not have active all the object features of V4.48. Or is the ommision a part of the unfinished DVD Builder? Or both?

..... because V5, in spite of all the O & A capabilities, does not have active all the object features of V4.48.

Bob,

That's correct - v.5 does not recognize the old-style objects yet.

Apologies, but I am a bit late to one of the issues raised here.

I mentioned the three mode settings to Igor when PTE5 was first launched as a beta and suggested we need a global setting, but in fact its not so hard to change a complete slide show and doesn't need 900 mouse clicks.

Select the first slide from the slide list once all your images are in place and open the objects and animation screen. Select the mode you want, ie cover slide, original or fit to slide.

You will notice that the setting remains high-lighted.

Now go to the forward arrow at the top right of the objects and animation screen and click to the next image. Use the up and down arrow keys and the mode can be changed easily.

Kepp one finger on the cursor control arrow key and the mouse on the advance arrow and you can rattle through 50 slides in a minute.

Its a neat work around until Igor has some breathing space and can consider a global button.

Barry

Barry,

This is indeed a clever workaround.

Just one catch, though - it doesn't always work (e.g. if you have two objects on each slide, set the top object on the first slide to "cover slide", and then use the arrow to select the mode on the second slide, the bottom object will be changed instead of the top one.)

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #8t

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

It's a minor update of beta 8t:

+ Objects and animation window:

- Added "Diagonal" style for Rectangle objects.

- Added alpha parameter to color of Rectangle objects. You can set alpha 255 for one side and 0 for another side and make partially semi0-transparent rectangle.

+ New view of color dialog.

* More reliable work of WnSoft Video Builder.

Barry -

Thank you for that idea. I have not tried, but I think it would suffice for the need I expressed.

Al-

I almost hesitate to comment on this as I know I don't understand all the intricacies. Does it seem that Barry's method would still work in many cases as long as his action took place early in the workflow. That is if I use Barry's method to apply Cover-Slide to all slides and then start adding additional objects and customize those additions to each slide as needed? Is it most likely that the later objects would not be needed on every slide?

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #8t

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

It's a minor update of beta 8t:

Does the release of this minor update mean that we have to wait a long time for beta #9 ? :unsure:

+ Objects and animation window:

- Added "Diagonal" style for Rectangle objects.

Those two "fill modes" (diagonal1 and diagonal2) are a very nice improvement.

- Added alpha parameter to color of Rectangle objects. You can set alpha 255 for one side and 0 for another side and make partially semi0-transparent rectangle.

The idea is great! But I didn't find this alpha parameter. :P

Could you please tell me where it is ? (or maybe a screen capture).

+ New view of color dialog.

I really love those features:

- the three "styles" tabs to choose a color

- the color picker

and both are effective for background and rectangles!

Thanks Igor and Team! :)

Does it seem that Barry's method would still work in many cases as long as his action took place early in the workflow. That is if I use Barry's method to apply Cover-Slide to all slides and then start adding additional objects and customize those additions to each slide as needed? Is it most likely that the later objects would not be needed on every slide?

Bob, it depends on your own particular situation. If you have a show where each slide has only the main image, and not any objects, then Barry's method will work.

However, if you are starting a show, and plan to add several objects to each slide, then you can set the "cover slide" option as you go along, and Barry's method is not required. In this case you would probably want to select which objects you apply the "cover slide" option to separately, anyway, slide-by-slide.

I don't know offhand all the situations for which the method will work, and for which ones it won't work. I just know that for the example I tried it on (Igor's "water-skimming" demo), it didn't work.

Thanks Igor! :)

I made a test and the result is not exactly what I was expecting. :unsure:

In PTE, I put a picture in the slidelist and created a rectangle above with a gradient from black to transparency.

In photoshop, I made the same thing. I opened the same picture and used the gradient tool (black to transparency too).

I thought I would have the same result in PTE as in photoshop and it's quite different. :huh:

See pictures attached.

In PTE, the pictures seems to be white in the middle. Why ?

post-2148-1168980174_thumb.jpg

post-2148-1168980242_thumb.jpg

Next beta 9. Major step to v5.00

Beta 8t is only small update mainly to fix one bug in Video Builder.

Sorry, I ment to post this message here but it also got posted as a new topic.

Does anyone know why this is ocurring during the converting process? See below.

Setup:

I have 100 images + 1 song. Original version created in 4.48 = About 5 min in lenght

I opened the PTE file and re-save in 5 beta 8T.

During the converting process to MPEG as I watch it and I see my last slide (100) appear but then I see my first slide re-appears as it seems to process the entire files again. What's going on?

Any help would be greatfull.

Thanks

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Igor, just a question : would it be feasible in a future version of PTE to apply alpha parameter to an image too? :unsure:

Does anyone know why this is ocurring during the converting process? See below.

Setup:

I have 100 images + 1 song. Original version created in 4.48 = About 5 min in lenght

I opened the PTE file and re-save in 5 beta 8T.

During the converting process to MPEG as I watch it and I see my last slide (100) appear but then I see my first slide re-appears as it seems to process the entire files again. What's going on?

Bob,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

• 2 months later...
Bob,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Sorry for the late reply, this link was removed and I did not check it.

Yes, here is what I was given as a work around and later a fix was sent out in a later beta release.

As temporal solution, please uncheck "Auto spread slides along music" option in Timeline window and adjust all time points manually. Or click "More" button and choose "Arrange transition points".

Bob

www.byuen.com