WnSoft Forums

Templates

emocmo

I have been using the program for a couple of years now. I love it. However, I have always wondered what the use of the templates was. I cannot seem to find a benefit for them. I would love to be able to establish a standard format and build on it with every slide...but I cant figure it out.

I tried looking in the FAQ, but it was pretty thin. As a lurker here forever, I figured this is the place to look!

Thanks for the help.

Richard

I would love to be able to establish a standard format and build on it with every slide...but I cant figure it out.

Well, just "establish a standard format", e.g. decide on your show settings (Close show after last slide, ...), the action for a left mouse click (I always use Previous slide instead of the default Exit), if you want to show the Navigation bar, etc, etc.

Then save this as a template (i.e. without any images) and give it a suitable name. And if you want to use this template for ALL your presentations just select your template (under Files | Templates | Manage templates and tick the box Default template for new projects:

I have always wondered what the use of the templates

was. I cannot seem to find a benefit for them.

I also use the templet to archive my show when I am done.

It will put everything in one folder for me to burn to a CD.

This way in the future if I would like to make some changes

to the show I don't have to go looking for everything.

I am sure I don't use it a lot but it has been nice when I

did need it.

cc

I guess what I think of as a template is a "Slide" template. For example, if I wanted a Slide that had the same "objects" on them...for example a logo, some type, etc. That way every time I added a slide I would not have to go in and place the logo's etc. on each and every slide. It would allow for smoother transitions over several slide.

I think that might explain it better.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Richard