WnSoft Forums

How to rotate an object

skipper

I did a quick search and found how to rotate a object around a central point such as the hands on a clok or the ElkRotate that Linn posted. What I am looking for is how to rotate a picture frame in an upright position so it looks as if you turn it over and look at the back and the rotate it back to the front again.

Actually the effect I am looking for is the picture frame with one picture and after it rotates 180 degress to what would be the back is another picture.

Hopefully I explained myself well. Our church has an annual Sweetheart Dinner where the men prepare ALL the food, serve the ladies, do the dishes, and provide some entertainment. This year part of the entertainment is a slide show of the ladies at various stages of their lives. I did one about 4 years ago with P2E but of course we did not have the options we have now. This is forcing me to learn more of the software features.

Thanks

Max

........What I am looking for is how to rotate a picture frame in an upright position so it looks as if you turn it over and look at the back and the rotate it back to the front again.

Actually the effect I am looking for is the picture frame with one picture and after it rotates 180 degress to what would be the back is another picture.

Max,

JP used a similar technique in his photo album template. Lin also used this technique to rotate a coin or medallion not long after the first v.5 beta was released.

You simulate it by squeezing the image horizontally by holding down the shift key while dragging the selection markers on the side or sides of the image toward each other. This retains the image height, while reducing its width until it is just a line. Then you reverse the process with another image so that it looks like one flips over to the other.

Or, if you want a more accurate setting, you can de-select the little box between the two numbers in O&A / Animation / Zoom, and then type in a different number in the first "Zoom" text-box.

...But now I wonder if there is a way at the same time to cause one side only to shrink from top and bottom. Kind of like a perspective on the frame because I think that would add a little more realism.

Yes, JP uses that in his Photo Album demo, but it takes two sets of rotating rectangles or squares, each one rotating in opposite directions. I can't describe it very well here - you will have to download the demo and study it to see how it is done. :)