WnSoft Forums

Happy Holidays

Robert

Several people have asked me how the christmas card Happy Holidays Pte

posted on the Cottage was done.

The snow effect is an optical effect of 3 different frames with random snow flakes the snow flakes effect can be done with Ulead particles plugins or in PS with different layers or you can place snow fackes at random on each frame.

You set Pte enable transition effects but you uncheck all the different transitions, set repeat show until esc key is pressed and display each slide for 0 second and 30 ms add a midi file for music try to keep the final pte under 600k to be able to send it by email attchmt

You can add other effects such as blinking stars, christmas lights, windows lights ect ect you can also do some effects with the text remember if you use the same frame over and over it does not increase the size of the final pte.exe

if some of you develop ecards could you post them on the cottage it would be interesting to see what other people do with the same idea.

Robert

Robert Rigaux

Fort Myers Beach

Florida

• 2 weeks later...

Robert: First of all I would like to thank you for your carte I d/l at the cottage and I wish you and yours all the best for 2003 and I have appreciated very much that you have taken the time to post the instruction on how you did it I am quite surprise that no one had taken the time to thank you about but I have noticed that some posts goes on and on about someone who want to protect his or her stupid photos whish I am sure don't have any artistic value and the net is full of wonderful photos that can downloaded

Thank again for sharing with us

Diane

I have appreciated your comments I have posted the instructions because some people who have downloaded at the cottage thank me and ask me by email how I did it As far as thank you is concern you have to realize that only few members of this forum participate actively and help other if they have problems with pte and even problems with other software and they rarely get a thank you for instance Bill from the cottage manages on his server hundred of pte shows that members upload so far I did not see any post on the forum to thank him and I can assure you that is not easy and it require lot of work even if you pay me I wont do it. Personally I peruse the forum on the average once a week because I got tips from other members posts and I have also downloaded from the cottage and I get ideas from other pte shows and I don't take the time to thank them therefore I don't expect a thank you.

I can understand your point of view of the unthankfulness on the Internet personally I am often p...o.. or upset to be polite of the expectation and the demanding attitude of people on the net but the net has being marketed as a free lunch and it will solve all problems for instance we will connect all the schools and sooner or later we wont need teachers that did not happen or ecommerce put your webpage on the net and wait for the checks some are still waiting for them, In the near future you going to have to pay for content sooner or later google will charge for it is services and when only few ips will operate don't be surprise to pay for sending email I am absolutely convinced that we will pay for sending email in 5 or 7 years.

Regards

Robert