WnSoft Forums

Photo Album

thedom

Here is a template to simulate a Photo Album with album opening, turning pages and album closing :

TheDom-PhotoAlbum-Big.jpg

[click on the image to directly access the download page]

The archives includes actually three different templates.

Silvia released a package of 9 covers and pages for my photo album template :

Silvia-PhotoAlbumAddOn-Small.jpg

And you can download two demos (standard and extended version made with template #1) to see what it looks like and what can be done with the template :

TheDom-PhotoAlbumTplDemos-Small.jpg.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dom

Although I could not open the Demo I previewed the effect in PTE and it is excellent as always. Just one minor point, I noticed that as the pages turn they do not increase on the left or decrease on the right, e.g. the page leaves effect. When the album closes the page leave effect is seen on the left and right, it does not look quite right somehow.

I uploaded a new version with minor changements yesterday evening and it seems there was a problem with the upload.

It's now fixed and everything should be ok now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will release an alternate version of the template with a page leaves effect. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

The problem with this version is that it will be more difficult to remove or add pages.

That's why I choosed to do it originally without this effect.

Hola Thedom :

Estoy muy alegre.

Hoy dia domingo 4 de Marzo, para gran sorpresa , entro al forum Wnsoft y veo que habias publicado el tan esperado archivo Photo Album, hice el intento de descargarlo, y automaticamente he podido entrar a tu web, que como ya te habia contado el dominio free.fr, habia sido bloqueado por mi servidor telefonica del Peru (speedy)

Parece que mis reclamos a mi proveedor de internet no fueron en vano.

Estoy poniendome al dia en todos tus buenos consejos.

By

Silvia

Silvia,

Glad you can now access my website.

Concerning the template, v1.10 ;) of my template (link unchanged) now includes an other template ("extended") which includes a "leaves effect (increase/decrease)". Thanks again Mike for the suggestion. :)

It will harder to modify if you want to remove or add pages.

That's why I left the original template in the archive too.

(which I modified just a little bit because I noticed there was a display bug at the end and there was several errors for "main images" in slides list).

TheDom-PhotoAlbum1.1-Small.jpg

TheDom,

Just great, fantastic and very smooth Just what i was loking for.

I wonder could you please advise were it is possible to get a Batch Rename prrogram that will

Rename to "pic01.jpg" as per your Template, Photoshop will not and i just cant seem to find one that will.

Thanks again Keep up the good work we need fellows like you.

All the best Ray

Hey Ray,

The freeware (for non-commercial use) IrfanView has a batch rename feature in which you can choose the characters and numbers, etc.

http://www.irfanview.com

Lin

TheDom,

Just great, fantastic and very smooth Just what i was loking for.

I wonder could you please advise were it is possible to get a Batch Rename prrogram that will

Rename to "pic01.jpg" as per your Template, Photoshop will not and i just cant seem to find one that will.

Thanks again Keep up the good work we need fellows like you.

All the best Ray

Thanks Lin,Mike and wideaangle, I tried Irfanview and it worked well and easy.

I have Photoshop CS2 mike and no way would that work.

Thanks anyway to all, its great how we can all get the bits of help when needed.

Ray

Thanks theDom that can come in very handy but still cant be used in conjunction with your

file name in the Photo Album Template as there are no spaces or parentheses as pic01, pic02.

Problem solved with Irfanview but sure look at useing XP rename when needed.

Thanks and also for a great Photo Album.

Ray

RayC

I know that you have tried Batch ReName in PhotoShop CS2 and it did not work, I only have CS and it works fine. I have added an attachment which shows the Browser and Batch ReName dialogue boxes. Just select all of your images and then go to Automate and Batch ReName, in the Filing Naming section insert image in the first box, 2 Digit Serial Number in the second and extension in the third. Click OK and the process is done.

In PS CS2, "File Browser" is now called "Adobe Bridge". (see attached). To access it, click on the magnifying glass icon at the top right.

post-215-1173186261_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike & Al,

Found it, afraid I dont use Adobe Bridge a lot maybe should start.

I have purchased a new Canon Camera recently and have found that the software contains

a Batch Process that does a rename and resize and will also change the aspect ratio if needed

all in one go The program is "Canon Digital Professional" for anyone interested.

Thanks again

Ray

Dom~

I'm from the Gallery site & I bought PTE just for this purpose.... I have the registered vs 4.48 and have downloaded the template... when I try to load it into PTE it's giving me "program file created with PTE V1.0-V1.6 are not supported now". What do I need to do to get this baby to fly??? :unsure: Help!

Thanks a bunch,

Kim

Hi Kim,

If you try to open with v4.48 a .pte file made with v5 or if you double click on a .pte file and have v5 installed, that's the message you get.

If you want to open my template or any other project made with v5, you have to :

- download PTE v5 beta #8u : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4327

- install it on your HD (you don't have to remove PTE v4.48 and do not need an other licence)

- start PTE V5 first, and then within PTE click on "File" then "Open..." to open the .pte file.

Could you please give me the url of this "Gallery site" ?

Thanks. :)

Hi,

I have downloaded Dom's Template for the Photo Album and extracted it to a folder. In the folder I have downloaded 31 jpg's and renamed them Pic01.jpg till Pic31.jpg. I have put everything from that folder in PTE5 "Slide list". When I do a preview I see my pictures with all kind of fades, wipes etc. Don't see anything like an Album. What do I do wrong? I looked for a tutorial on how to use templates, but could find nothing. (Only how to make them from a show.) Can anyone give me an explanation on how to use Dom's and other peoples templates.

Thanks,

Bert

Hi Bert,

For my "photo album" template, I think you're correct with this :

I have downloaded Dom's Template for the Photo Album and extracted it to a folder. In the folder I have downloaded 31 jpg's and renamed them Pic01.jpg till Pic31.jpg.

But instead of

I have put everything from that folder in PTE5 "Slide list"

do the following :

a - start PTE

b - click on "file" > "open" and locate "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte" (in the folder where you unzipped the archive). Double click on it.

c - click on "Preview" to verify the result

d - if everything is fine, click on "file" > "create slideshow as" to create an exe file.

That's it! :)

If you want to use an other cover for your album :

1 - open the "alternate covers" folder (in the folder where you unzipped the archive)

2 - browse each sub-folder

3 - if you find a cover which suits your taste, copy the three files you will find in the subfolder you choosed and copy (replace) them in the folder where you unzipped the archive

4 - start PTE, open "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte" and click on "preview"

5 - if you're not happy with this new cover, repeat step 3 until you find the one you want

use exactly the same method if you want to change the pages ("alternate pages" folder) or the frame around the picture ("alternate corners" folder).

Hope it helps.

Hi Bert,

For my "photo album" template, I think you're correct with this :

But instead of

do the following :

a - start PTE

b - click on "file" > "open" and locate "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte" (in the folder where you unzipped the archive). Double click on it.

c - click on "Preview" to verify the result

d - if everything is fine, click on "file" > "create slideshow as" to create an exe file.

That's it! :)

If you want to use an other cover for your album :

1 - open the "alternate covers" folder (in the folder where you unzipped the archive)

2 - browse each sub-folder

3 - if you find a cover which suits your taste, copy the three files you will find in the subfolder you choosed and copy (replace) them in the folder where you unzipped the archive

4 - start PTE, open "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte" and click on "preview"

5 - if you're not happy with this new cover, repeat step 3 until you find the one you want

use exactly the same method if you want to change the pages ("alternate pages" folder) or the frame around the picture ("alternate corners" folder).

Hope it helps.

Dom I did your method but only the last 2 pages 30 and 31 of the album showed up. The thing is I have no idea what I do and how to get my pictures in your album. I have downloaded your template 1.1 again. Unziped it to a new folder, loaded my pic01.jpg-pic31.jpg in that folder. Opend PTE5, clicked file-open and double clicked on the the "The dom photo album extended template. The album shows when I click the preview, but not with my pictures but with your colored blanks. How do I get it to show my pictures.

Thanks,

Bert

Hi Bert,

I found that I had that problem on my first attempt I found that I had to sellect all my photos

and do copy to TheDoms folder it worked, then it will ask if you want to replace the files click ok.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Hi Dom

Is it OK with you if we create our own alternative cover, if so, how do you manage to create the Cover_Leftside so that it looks like an extension of the main cover picture? Also if we create our own cover, how do we get the bevel look around the edge and what happens to the image in pic00.jpg, do we just have a blank .png file?