WnSoft Forums

I don't know how

jan smit

Yes, I'have tried. What I did was the following:

1. I removed ( i don't know how it is named in english) the v sign in project options. Display each slide for.

2. The result is when I click with the mouse the next slide comes.

3. Then i want, for example slide 10, 11, 12 and 13 to come automatic for a kind of animation. So i thought i must change in customise slide the setting. Display slide for ? second. I filled in 0 sec and 0 ms.

But stil i must click with the mouse for the next slide.

Jan

Holland

Hi Jan,

Recalling Stu's answer I suspect your question was about "Navigation Bar". In that case, as Stu said, you can't. But if you didn't talk about "Navigation Bar", here is how to do it:

On "Project Options" , "Main" - check the "display each slide for" and choose the time you want for each slide.

Choose the slide you want to control the time and to use a button and press the "P" button on the left side of "Customize slide".

Click on "Customize slide" and a new window will open. On the "Main" tab window write 5000 on the "display slide for seconds". Close.

Open the "Object Editor" of the slide and add button with "Next slide" action.

I'have a slideshow with nature photo's off 150 slides. Most of them fad-in fade-out with a mouseclick in the mean time a tell the audience something about a slide. At a few point i will have a small animations for example a bird landing from the upperleft to the right corner. So during the animation i don't want to click.

What i need is that i can tell each slide to wait for the mouseclick to disappear or go automatically.

Jan

Holland

www.aves.nu

Jan (and Boxig)

It's not necessary to use buttons and navigation bar! If you want change manually most slides, set a very high duration for each slide in "Project Options" (boxig said 5000 sec, but you can select also 500 = 8.3 minutes!). To change slide you can use the mouse, but also Spacebar, or Left Arrow, or Page Down keys on the keyboard (maybe this solution can be more convenient).

For pictures you want to see fast, customise your slides (10 - 11 - 12 - 13 in your example) for a minimum time such 1 (or two, or 10 - it is the same) ms, BUT DON'T SET 0 sec. 0 ms.!!! In PTE, this setting locks the slide for an indefinite time.

Jan,

I didn't yet read your reply when I wrote my post. But I think that the way I said is right to get what you want.

Edited:

A little explanation about the slide timing when you want an "animation" effect. Why I said 1 or 2 or 10 msec. is alike? Because at these intervals the actual time is always longer, and depends basically by the SIZE (in KB) of pictures.

Jan,

You can't make animation effect if your slides have fade effect since whatever you make the time duration, it will never be shorter than the effect. To solve this, if you want to have a fade effect on all slides, change the time to 1 msc for the project and customize each slide as you like it to be.

I really still didn't understand what you want to do. What you mean by: "in the mean time a tell the audience something about a slide" ? -

I understand your slide has a Fade effect, some slides have a Text Object.

On the slide you have Text Object you want to stop the Auto and put a Button to go to next slide, yes ? You also want to put ,here and there, a bird flying, let's say evry 10 slides, yes ?

If this is what you want to do, all the slides with buttons and Bird must be customized. At the slide with Button just change the time to 500 and up.

As for the bird, you will have to disable all effects and check the "Quick Transition" at the bottom of the Customizing Window of each slide.

I hope this helps

Jan

Ive been trying to follow this post and its relating comments ... so bear with me as Im still trying to grasp your presentations needs, while still seeing if they are easily adaptable into PTEs options available.

Here are some of my Techniques used to implement a presentation that needs page control and diveristy during a presentation ... this requires users mouse interaction :

Basic Requirements of setup is ..........................

1- Display all slides for a pre dertmined time, customise if required (project options/ main tab)

2- Control by:

a- Action for Right Click : Pause (no navagation bars used)

b- Action for Left Cick : None

c- Use Keybd SPACE BAR to advance next slide

The above SHOW will run at the predetermined times set ... but pauses when needed when RIGHT CLICK mouse ... enabling discussion breaks and ther interactions.

Other Interactions Setup ....................

1- Object activated by LEFT CLICK mouse:

a- Use buton or object to RUN other appliications or functions.

* Here I use a BLACK PICTURE OBJECT that is set to transparent mode, made to a certain size and placed where needed within the current SLIDE. Give the OBJECT a property action to perform. I usually call this OJECT a HOTSPOT ... as it remains totally hidden to all viewers ... only I know where it is placed within the SLIDE. I often use multiple exe presentations(exes) within 1 presentation display.

So in the above senario, I have Presentation that auto plays ... pauses when I need it to ... and displays other content variety at that paused SLIDE.

If you catch the idea and need more detailed info ... I will get back to you.

Everyone thanks for the great help.

This was for me the solution. Thanks Guido

It's not necessary to use buttons and navigation bar! If you want change manually most slides, set a very high duration for each slide in "Project Options" (boxig said 5000 sec, but you can select also 500 = 8.3 minutes!). To change slide you can use the mouse, but also Spacebar, or Left Arrow, or Page Down keys on the keyboard (maybe this solution can be more convenient).

For pictures you want to see fast, customise your slides (10 - 11 - 12 - 13 in your example) for a minimum time such 1 (or two, or 10 - it is the same) ms, BUT DON'T SET 0 sec. 0 ms.!!! In PTE, this setting locks the slide for an indefinite time.

--------------------

Guido

Torino, Italy