WnSoft Forums

Burning to CD

talltexsun

Just finished my painstakin editing of my slide show with your PICs to exe ad hit the creat button to create the auto exe file but how do I go about now to burn it on a CD so I can give it as a present?? I see nothing in help that explains this.

Do I just burn all the PICs and MP3 file I'm using along with the auto .exe file on the CD and it will do the rest???

Hi Talltexsun! Welcome!

To make a CD with your show you have to burn your EXE file, nothing else. It is not necessary to copy on CD also pictures and sounds, because they are already embedded in this executable file.

If you want your presentation starts automatically when the CD is inserted in player, you can add a very simple "Autorun.inf" file. You can find a clear explanation about it in PTE Help, FAQ n. 14 (but don't write the last line, icon=... if you didn't place an icon in Project Options | Advanced | Add ... icon).

yeh they can burn as many as they like - dont think there has a simple copy protection plan invented yet -- just deal with honest people and you wont have to worry

the only thing you could do is click off the expire box after x# days -- but you could upset your customer and end up selling them nothing

ken

:rolleyes: Wait a minute!! Hold the phone here! I burned the exe file to a CD and it worked fine but still many questions!!! I had a slide show with about 25 PICs near 1 meg in size and a Mp3 song to time to it. But when I burned it on CD it only took about 30 seconds. Where did my PICS go??? It couldn't have burned that many large file size PICs on that Cd that quick. Maybe it did?? In other words, are the PICs kept at there original resolution and file size?? Or does it reduce file size automatically when burned? Is it looking for PICS within your program or elsewhere on my PC? This is why I tried this program. I can't find another slide show creator program for high quality. Hundreds of em out there, but they only record in that dang VCD format which is horrible. Thanx for gettin me set straight here!

Held phone, Talltexsun... But I didn't well understand what has happened.

You say "I burned the exe file to a CD and it worked fine". Then what was wrong? Another show? So it seems... Is this the "slide show with about 25 PICs near 1 meg in size and a Mp3 song to time to it"?

Stop a moment. 25 pictures near 1 meg... One MB each?! In this case, don't wonder that your CD doesn't work well! PicturesToExe does not resize pictures, YOU have to resize them!

All pictures are in EXE file, but you cannot demand too much from your computer, and even if this show can work from your HDD, it's very difficult it can work from a CD, that is very slower than HDD...

A 25 meg file + the p2e overhead [which is minimal] would only take +- 1 min to burn with a 32 x burner

if your picts were ok before the burn they will be the same quality after the burn

i just burned a copy of a cd with 14 tunes on it -- not mp3's in approx +- 8 mins with my 32x burner

are you trying to figure out how p2e does it -- well Igor's holds the secret

are you suprised it works so well -- good

if you have a problem, you are going to have to give us more details in an orderly manner so the experts on the forum have half a chance of helping you

ken

:rolleyes:

I think I didn't understand your message... Is your problem only the burning time?

If so, don't worry!... What is really important is your show. If it runs well, all is right, isn't it?

Anyhow, you say your pictures were about 25 MB. Let's guess mp3 is about 5 Mb: total, 30 MB. At 1x, a burner writes 150 KB/sec, that is 4500 KB (about 4.5 MB) in 30 sec., therefore 45.000 KB (nearly 45 MB) at 10x...