WnSoft Forums
Lin Evans

Bug Reports v5.00 beta

To make it easier for Igor to find and respond, let's try to put bug reports in the same place - maybe Igor or one of the moderators can pin this??

Lin

Hi Guys,

I agree with your proposals about pinning "Bugs" but we also need a "Tech Forum" or such like ~ This purely related to PC Problems when running PTE and for other problems with Web Sites and things like Virus impacts on PC's running PTE. This would also give the casual Guest confidence in purchasing PTE as it would show that the "Forum" is on top of the job.

Brian.Conflow.

No bug here either just wanted to say that I have been testing the synchronisation and I can not get it to fail! Bang on every time.

Hi! Igor,

I think I may have found a bug!!!!!!!!!!

When selecting a slide midway along the project,right clicking and choosing start preveiw from current slide, the music track starts from the beginning.

8u was perfect,track sync'd to slide.

TOM

I think I may have found a bug!!!!!!!!!!

When selecting a slide midway along the project,right clicking and choosing start preveiw from current slide, the music track starts from the beginning.

8u was perfect,track sync'd to slide.

Tom,

Select "Synchronize", and that should cure the problem.

I've already mentioned this to Igor, but am repeating it here for the benefit of others who may be frustrated by it.

The "rotate" function in O&A has changed (not sure if it's intentional or not).

It is no longer possible to set a value higher than 360 deg., which means that some of the demos already created in previous betas will no longer run properly.

Here is another minor sound-card related "bug" that I have already discussed with Igor, and he is going to try to solve it after the present work dies down a bit. However, I would be interested in hearing about the experience of others who have used this option.

On both of my pc's (desktop and laptop), if I synchronize a show to two or more selections of music (without joining them in an audio editor) the images synched to the selections after the initial one sometimes play up to 1 second or more out-of-sync. It's an intermittent problem, so one that is difficult to trouble-shoot.

Hi Al,

No, that's a bug because you can't set negative rotation either or at least you don't see the negative rotation with the slider. I would assume that the slider should "jump" to the right side when a negative is set manually. I'm sure this limit of 360 degrees was not intended because it would negate a huge number of great effects.

I've found my old demo's which use multiple rotation still work on the preview but I havent tried saving them. I suspect that the problem is related to the slider feature. In further testing even saving the old demos doesn't change their actual rotation effects, but the number does change 360. When the slider is advanced, however, strange things happen inside the display area. My suggestion would be that users not try to modify any of their previous demos or slideshows where rotation exceeds 360 degrees in either negative or positive direction until this gets sorted out because there will be no logical way to know what's going on.

Best regards,

Lin

I've already mentioned this to Igor, but am repeating it here for the benefit of others who may be frustrated by it.

The "rotate" function in O&A has changed (not sure if it's intentional or not).

It is no longer possible to set a value higher than 360 deg., which means that some of the demos already created in previous betas will no longer run properly.

Hello,

I'm sorry to write my question here... I have been trying for the past 30 minutes to post a new question! WHERE is the button to do so?!?

Anyway, here is my question:

I have the latest version (beta 9). I added a new button on top of an image. I want to use the function "Action on mouse click" but it is greyed out. How come? What should I do?

Thanks!

Peter

PS: Again, could someone tell me how to add a new post in the general discussion area? :blink:

Hello,

I'm sorry to write my question here... I have been trying for the past 30 minutes to post a new question! WHERE is the button to do so?!?

Anyway, here is my question:

I have the latest version (beta 9). I added a new button on top of an image. I want to use the function "Action on mouse click" but it is greyed out. How come? What should I do?

Thanks!

Peter

PS: Again, could someone tell me how to add a new post in the general discussion area? :blink:

Hi Peter,

The "Action on Mouse Click" is not yet activated - wait for next beta.

At the top right side of your screen right above "Forum Options" you should see a "New Topic" block. Click there to post a new thread.

best regards,

Lin

I did not know how to move my 'bug report' from the general Forum so let me repeat it here, in summary:

Beta 9 problems:

1-The "% of the screen to show slide image" does not work. When set to 95%, it still shows full screen.

2-The Nav Bar does not show up.

3-Problem with the burning of DVD. The burning process went well until the point it actually tries to burn the DVD. When it starts the actual burn process, I get the following messages (including the bad spelling):

"The error have apeear while DVD disc burning. To fix this error please try to burn another disk and decrease burning speed. Please use only high quality DVD media. If this error will reapeat you can create ISO image and burn this by using another software."

Then down below in the list of process steps, it says:

"Command-WRITE (10), Status-Check Condition Sense Key-Invalid Field in CDB."

I am using Memorex DVD-R disks.

Gary

PS... The show, all of a sudden, is now displayed at 95%. I did not change anything. Strange. But the Nav Bar is still not showing up.

Tom,

Select "Synchronize", and that should cure the problem.

Al, Problem cured, thanks for the tip, I see others have posted with the same problem, hope they read all post, particularly yours.

Tom.

Al, Problem cured, thanks for the tip, I see others have posted with the same problem, hope they read all post, particularly yours.

Tom, I'm glad this solved it for you. However, I still consider this a "bug", as I don't see any reason why, with the new sound system, and the fact that the timeline shows up now even for non-synched shows, that PTE couldn't determine where on the timeline the show was started, and start playing the music from that point on. In other words, every show should be considered a "synched" show without having to check the "sync" button.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but can anyone give me a reason for not automatically "synching" each show? I would guess that most people who add music background would expect the slides to track the music in a reasonably synched manner. Another way to treat this would be to make "synchronized" the default parameter, and provide a button for "unsynching" in case someone didn't want their show treated as "synched" for some reason.

I believe that there is a bug in Beta#9, I have just tried to do a slideshow which operates as an introduction - 20th Century Fox Logo (Leader). I have followed Lin Evans process for decompiling an .avi file into single .jpg slides and running the show at a time delay of 40 ms and without any effect. The process works OK in Beta#8 but in Beta#9 it just freezes at the first slide.

Mike,

I think that for such dynamic show (40 ms. per slide) it better to disable "Hardware acceleration" option (Project options | Screen tab), because when we use this option it requires additional time to load images to video card.

However I'm very glad that we have only minor problems, almost all on logical level.

I cannot find Hardware Acceleration in the Project Options/Screen Tab, is it called something else? In the mean time, I have altered the timing to 75 ms and it works OK, then I reset at 40 ms and it now works OK, strange.

Hi,

This is may not be a bug but for color text, another icon could be choosen.

I looked quite a long time for color text before to click on this "folder" icon and discover what I was looking for.

Here is a screen copy to illustrate.

Best regards

Alain

post-4940-1176839674_thumb.jpg

Under Project Option, Screen Tab, Hardware Acceleration (in the top window just under "Caption of Show".

Actually, at 75ms it should work fine. It may drop a few frames, but probably will not apparent in playback at all. When you set Hardware Acceleration off you have no PZR for the rest of your show. Unless in a later version of PTE this can be set individually for different parts of a slideshow you would probably want to leave it on if you have PZR effects. Miy understanding was that the program would automatically detect if there were an older video card and revert to the original graphics engine but perhaps I have that wrong.

best regards,

Lin

I cannot find Hardware Acceleration in the Project Options/Screen Tab, is it called something else? In the mean time, I have altered the timing to 75 ms and it works OK, then I reset at 40 ms and it now works OK, strange.

This is may not be a bug but for color text, another icon could be choosen.

Good point - that's the icon generally used for "browse for file".

Attached are the ones usually used for "text" - the 4th one is for choosing colour.

post-215-1176843363_thumb.jpg

Tom, I'm glad this solved it for you. However, I still consider this a "bug", as I don't see any reason why, with the new sound system, and the fact that the timeline shows up now even for non-synched shows, that PTE couldn't determine where on the timeline the show was started, and start playing the music from that point on. In other words, every show should be considered a "synched" show without having to check the "sync" button.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but can anyone give me a reason for not automatically "synching" each show? I would guess that most people who add music background would expect the slides to track the music in a reasonably synched manner. Another way to treat this would be to make "synchronized" the default parameter, and provide a button for "unsynching" in case someone didn't want their show treated as "synched" for some reason.

Hello Al,

I agree that it must be possible to start the show at any slide on the timeline for programming purposes and that the music (or sound) must begin from that point. That worked always like that in the past, synched or not synched.

A reason for not automatically "synching" each show could be (in my opinion) that the show is now not synched on the music at all.

I explain:

What is happening now by "synching" is that you only spread the slides equally on the timeline and all depends of the total time of your music.

What I understand by "synching" a show is: Every slide is manualy synched on the beat, tempo or rithm of the music, every slide has a different effect duration and time interval.

So it must be possible to elliminate completely the "spread-sync option" because otherwise all the efforts that you put in it will be lost because the program go back automatically to the "spread-sync option" when you close and reopen the program.

Cor