WnSoft Forums
Lin Evans

Bug Reports v5.00 beta

Hi Keith,

The "offset" is missing - I can see that, but all the other variations of the Advance Hour Hand effect are there, but with a slightly different menu design. On the Project Options the choices have individual check boxes, but on the "Customize Slide" menu "Clockwise" is the default and if you want any of the effects to be "Counterclockwise" there is a check box which assigns that direction to whichever other effect you have chosen.

So what we need to tell Igor is, in the case of the Advanced Hour Hand, the "offset" percentage box is missing from the Customize Slide Effects choices. As it is, we could only assign one offset percentage which would be used in every slide where the Advanced Hour Hand is chosen as the transition. What you want then is this feature to be implemented on a "per slide" basis so that the "Offset" can be different for each slide?

Thanks,

Lin

Hi Lin,

If you look under Project Options\Effects you will find a few variations (plus an offset option) on the Advanced Hour Hand effect that are not listed under the Customize Slide\Effects list.

I know it may be being picky but I would like to try using these effects, particularly the offset capability, and I don't know how to apply them to a particular slide if they are only listed under the project options list.

Bug in Beta #19:

When using Show Start-Up Screen, customized screen, using full screen or larger image in start-up screen. In Preview and in .exe show: When "Run" is pressed, the screen flashes the desktop (or frame of open program) before actually running the real presentation. This seems definitely wrong. It did not occur in V4.48 and I have not noticed it, (maybe not tried it) in V5 earlier betas.

Robert,

In verson 5.0 startup screen appears before a window of a slide show. When you press Run button, the startup window closes and then the main slide show starts.

In v4.48 startup screen appeared over background of a first slide. In version 5.0 it's not desired because of hardware acceleration.

But in the next version, 5.1 or 5.2, we'll rework startup screen and it will be part of slide show.

Keith,

The only missed parameter in individual effect (v4.40-v5.00) - "Offset" for "Advanced Hour Hand" transition effect. There is only global parameter for all slides. We'll add individual parameter in the next version.

Hi,

Pre release.

Did you notice that in "Project Options" window, in tab "Screen" and "Messages" background color is white and not grey like all others tabs.

I do not remember if this has already been reported and discussed.

I prefer to say this twice than to forgot it.

Alain

Alain,

It's because Screen and Messages tabs contains scrollbars. An usual tab has a gradient filling, but a tab with scrolling can not be painted correctly. So we make solid filling.

Igor,

I don't know if this is a bug, and I hesitate to mention it just before you are planning to issue PTE, but it would make lining up of text objects easier if the "left", "centre", "right" properties had an effect on the placement of these objects.

For instance, if I set the option to "left", and then change the number of characters in the text object, the object moves as if it were still "centred" and I have to manually move it to lign it up with the others again.

Al,

Let leave this question for the next version.

Now there is only one way to reach what you want. Go to Animation tab and find "Center" paramters. Set "-100" and "-100" accordingly.

Hi Igor

I have been playing with the DVD writer part of the latest pre-release version (15th June) and had a few problems. They may well be my own doing as I do not fully understand all the video options. The first was definitely my own fault as I ran out of hard disk space as it was nearly finished rendering (it may be worthwhile in a future version to check on free space first or issue a warning of approximately how much free space will be required).

When I cleared enough space (including the created mpg file) and re-generated the DVD VideoBuilder crashed after creating the intermediate file but before it tried to write the DVD. Subsequent attempts to re-generate the DVD resulted in an Access Violation every time the Template screen was reached. ViedoBuilder and PTE were closed before each retry. Also the saved .ptv file was lost after the first crash.

After a full reboot The DVD was written without problems although it did not play in my son's DVD player but did on his computer.

An interesting point during the reboot an extra instance of PTE had to be closed before the computer could shut down so maybe the first crash (or even when it ran out of hard disk space) left a stub running in the background that was causing the Access Violations. When it does have a problem does VideoBuilder clean up the old files and can it use an old generated .mpg file to save re-rendering the PTE file?

The above could be simply the way my computer is set up as I am still getting the screen profile being lost after I run any PTE generated by version 5 including the latest pre-release version and files generated on other systems. When I run my files on other systems I do not get the problem.

Thanks for all the hard work you and your team have put into this excellent version

Mike

Mike,

We'll try to add additional checking for free disc space in the next version. Because you had fault with encoding, please uninstall and re-install the program again. Try to burn disc again. But please make sure that you have enough disc space.

- Please say me, what kind of disc you burned second time when it didn't play? -/+R or -/+RW ?

- What DVD player you have?

- Did it support this kind of DVD

- And had you problem with playing of burned DVD disc in another program?

- How much free space available on your system disc? And what size of your slide show in VideoBuilder (see status bar)

Thanks in advance,