WnSoft Forums
Lin Evans

Bug Reports v5.00 beta

Peter,

- Could you play this WAV file in previous versions?

- Please can I download it to solve this problem?

PicturesToExe doesn't support mp3Pro. Please use usual MP3.

Igor,

Unfortunately this is the first time I have ever tried to use a WAV file so I cannot answer your first question. I will try the same file again tomorrow and send it to you if I get the same result.

I have been using Adobe Auditions WAV files converted to mp3PRO files for many months and they seem to work without any problems so I am puzzled when you sat they are not supported. This could be why I had some problems with skipping a few months ago but the problem seemed to have vanished. I have burned DVDs with mp3PRO files and they also ran with no problems.

Peter

IF THE ZIP IS LESS THAN 99.9 MB

UPLOAD IT TO

http://www.mediafire.com/

then when it is uploaded send igor the download link

see tomuk's entries

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6470

and download a file to see how it works

if you want some ships picts that i put up

see

File Name: FEB 28 07_RESIZE.zip

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9go2yom3zmn

ken

The list of slide transition effects shown under Project Options / Effects does not match the list of effects shown when editing an individual slide from the timeline. Is there a reason why the two lists are not quite the same? For example the project options list includes some additional Advanced Hour Hand options that are not shown in the individual slide effects list.

They were not there in earlier versions either (in the Customize Slide) so I would guess that these additional effects are not yet turned on in the beta, otherwise there would be no way to actually use them unless just by random chance.

Best regards,

Lin

The list of slide transition effects shown under Project Options / Effects does not match the list of effects shown when editing an individual slide from the timeline. Is there a reason why the two lists are not quite the same? For example the project options list includes some additional Advanced Hour Hand options that are not shown in the individual slide effects list.

Hi Igor and team

Well done for the excellent advances you have made in Beta 9.

I have found a little problem when I run a preview and exit back to the main PTE screen I lose the monitor calibration put on by Adobe Gamma.

The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 running drive version 6.14.10.9371. The driver was updated to this very recently.

Windows XP SP2 with latest security updates etc.

Let me know if I can provide any other information to help.

Thanks

Mike

Peter,

- Could you play this WAV file in previous versions?

- Please can I download it to solve this problem?

PicturesToExe doesn't support mp3Pro. Please use usual MP3.

Igor,

The file is available at http://www.mediafire.com/?23odhko0ymy

It is called Mixdown intro and game.zip It is 55.13 MB

I did try it again and got the same result. If I click Show Music Duration that also shows music length as zero.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks.

Before I will download your file, please say me can you reproduce this problem with small WAV file. Try to create very short WAV file, if problem still exists, send it me, please.

Mike,

I never heard about problem with gamma on NVIDIA videocards. This problem may occur under ATI video cards and calibrated displays under Windows XP, but as ATI said me thay fixed it in drivers for Vista and going to fix it in XP drivers.

I'll download new NVIDIA drivers to check up.

Mike,

I never heard about problem with gamma on NVIDIA videocards. This problem may occur under ATI video cards and calibrated displays under Windows XP, but as ATI said me thay fixed it in drivers for Vista and going to fix it in XP drivers.

I'll download new NVIDIA drivers to check up.

I can confirm, that on NVidia GeForce 7600GT with latest drivers (Bios Version 5.73.22.18.00, WinXP) and 23" ACD everything works well. Color calibration is not affected and all animations are really smooth and nice.

Urmas

Steve, I'm sorry, but you forgot send me that JPEG image file I've asked you. Without it we couldn't reproduce and fix this bug.

In the current version, no comment shows up in P2E. P2E doesn't pull it out of any JPEG file. In the previous version it would not pull it out of a panorama file, and possibly other image files as I only tried it on a few. I'll send you a few files.

Thanks I'll try to find Exifer 2.1.5 program but it will better to have real file which will illustrate these problems in PTE.

You can find it here

http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

Which program do you use to put comments in JPEG files?

I think some comments invisible because EXIF contains of a lot of fields and extensions. We use main fields - Comment and Description.

It's true that not every JPEG image has the same structure EXIF, or META header. The panorama file mentioned above, made by Autostitch, has a very different header than the one made by my Olympus camera. The camera adds a lot more info about how the picture was taken. A copy of the EXIF standard is here

http://www.exif.org/specifications.html

P2E should be able to extract comments consistantly. The Exifer 2.1.5 program shows these fields, as well as Irfanview (though this program will not let you edit them). Adobe Photoshop does not do a very good job handeling the META header. I think it inserts its own special header. It shows some of the fields, but not the EXIF Comment. Adobe Photoshop also has a nasty habit of removing some META header information, such as the JPEG Comment field that Irfanview will let you edit.

These viewing programs do not always call the same field by the same name, at least not in the display dialogs shown to the users. For instance, Exifer displays the Description field under a catagory called Camera. Irfanview calls it ImageDescription. Exifer has Comment under the Image catagory in the EXIF header. Irfanview calls it UserComment. I think Irfanview's labels are closer to the standard available at the link above. According to the standard, the UserComment tag is 9286 (hex) and the ImageDescription tag is 10E (hex). Also it mentions the ImageDescription is limited to 1 byte characters, whereas the UserComment can have 2 byte characters.

Steve, you asked me make possible that "Set comments on all slides - current one" (Main menu | Slide) copies current text comment with all animation and keypoints to all other slides. And it works now in beta 9.

Thanks. I need to look harder. Users should note that if you don't use Text Macros (ie JPEG EXIF Comments) this function will place the same comment text in all your slides (or erase comments typed into P2E and replace them with a Text Macro).

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

>Steve,

>The most powerful I've found is the freeware PixVue - download here:

>http://www.addict3d.org/downloads/3256/download.html

>Lin

Thanks for the suggestion. This program is no longer available however. I was able to find an old copy. It adds functions to the explorer program in windows. It looks nice, but apparently does not use standard EXIF fields, at least for comments. So I don't think it would be useful for adding comments to JPEG files that P2E can utilize.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

Peter,

Thanks.

Before I will download your file, please say me can you reproduce this problem with small WAV file. Try to create very short WAV file, if problem still exists, send it me, please.

Igor,

I created an 8 second wav file and that worked with my presentation. The test file is about 1.5 MB compared with 105 MB that I had the problem with.

I made the recordings as Windows PCM (*.wav) files but I did notice that Audition has some other wav formats such as ACM. I assume the Windows PCM is the correct one to choose?

Peter

Bug in Video Builder of Beta #9.

Igor, you and your team had fixed a very similar problem in Beta 7 or 8. Here is the problem:

Certain DVD menu pages do not save correctly. I burned a DVD with Menu page (attached). In DVD Builder I "saved as". When I then open the saved DVD project, the menu has lost the proper spacing of text and photo frame. (attached as DVDMenu saved) Very frustrating, especially if one has done much work on a title page.

Related problem: When a DVD menu consists of several pages, (maybe two shows on each menu page), text and drop shadow don't seem to apply to following pages. Maybe I don't understand how to do that?

post-50-1177106973_thumb.jpg

post-50-1177106995_thumb.jpg

I created a DVD without a menu (it is a single slideshow and I want it to start automatically when inserted into the DVD). This works ok. In my project options, on the "Main" tab under "Show Settings" I selected "When show ends keep last slide in show on screen". This works in the preview and also if I just create an .EXE file. However, the DVD keeps repeating itself over and over. Maybe this functionality is not yet enabled for DVDs? If it is supposed to work, it doesn't.

I created a DVD without a menu (it is a single slideshow and I want it to start automatically when inserted into the DVD). This works ok. In my project options, on the "Main" tab under "Show Settings" I selected "When show ends keep last slide in show on screen". This works in the preview and also if I just create an .EXE file. However, the DVD keeps repeating itself over and over. Maybe this functionality is not yet enabled for DVDs? If it is supposed to work, it doesn't.

Mary, the settings you make for the Preview and the .exe file, do not carry into the DVD. To do what you want, you need to check the appropriate box in DVD Builder: "Return to menu after each title." See attached screen capture.post-50-1177126639_thumb.jpg

Mary, the settings you make for the Preview and the .exe file, do not carry into the DVD. To do what you want, you need to check the appropriate box in DVD Builder: "Return to menu after each title." See attached screen capture.post-50-1177126639_thumb.jpg

In this particular show, I did not want a menu (so I left "Create Menu" unchecked). I wanted the DVD to start as soon as it is inserted in the player, which it does. On the Project Options for Video Builder both "Repeat Playback of a Disc" and "Return to Menu After Each Title" are UNCHECKED. My assumption would be that the last slide of the program would remain on the screen until the user ejects the video or returns to the menu manually. Instead, the video just keeps repeating. Maybe that functionality is just not available with a DVD?

In this particular show, I did not want a menu (so I left "Create Menu" unchecked). I wanted the DVD to start as soon as it is inserted in the player, which it does. On the Project Options for Video Builder both "Repeat Playback of a Disc" and "Return to Menu After Each Title" are UNCHECKED. My assumption would be that the last slide of the program would remain on the screen until the user ejects the video or returns to the menu manually. Instead, the video just keeps repeating. Maybe that functionality is just not available with a DVD?

Yes, we must remember that the executable mode is "interactive" in that the show is running on a computer which had the ability to respond to instructions. So for the last slide to stay there must be a "change of state" telling the computer to stop doing "A" and now do "B".

With a DVD slideshow, there is no way to tell the host to do something different, and even if there was there would be no "intelligent" response because the television simply responds to a signal which must be wholy contained on the disk. The television is set up to display video signals of so many frames per second (30 in NTSC) and either as a progressive or interlaced scan drawing each frame. In order for the slideshow to remain it would have to be programmed to repeat the frame indefinitely, which of course can't happen on a limited storage media such as DVD. In the old days of television, a test pattern was broadcast after hours which was done via a video camera continually photgraphing a printed test pattern and the signal was simply patched directly from the camera output rather than being sent to a storage medium.

I think we will probably not see such a loop for features such a having the slide remain on screen after the slideshow has finished. Not that it would not be "possible" perhaps, but that it would not be practical in terms of allocation of resources.

Best regards,

Lin

I'm not sure if this a bug or how PTE is supposed to be but it appears that out of all the objects you can use in the Objects and Animation window the only one that can not have any nested objects attached to it is TEXT? By this I mean you can't have TEXT as a parent with any other object as a CHILD. I have tried every other object and all of them can be used as either a PARENT or CHILD. TEXT will be a CHILD to any other object but not the other way round.

I have only started using O&A in detail recently so apologies if this has been discussed previously. It just seems to me that it would be useful to be able to add "CHILDREN" objects to TEXT.

Have I missed something?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Igor

Thank you for the 9a Version. I have this problem :

In the transition effects window, the ""Quick (no transition effect"" is missing.

Hi Igor

Thank you for the 9a Version. I have this problem :

In the transition effects window, the ""Quick (no transition effect"" is missing.

Hi! Lewis,

The Quick"no transition" tab can now be found under the customize slide tab (then effects) and not project options.

This option is no longer available as a global setting, unless somebody knows better.

Tom.

Andrew,

Text object can't be parent for embedding of other objects. It caused by several technical reasons.

To All,

p.s. please excuse me, I can't answer on all problems quickly, I'll reply on each message step by step. I'm working on implementation of new features for beta 10 now and solving of problems.

Hi! Lewis,

The Quick"no transition" tab can now be found under the customize slide tab (then effects) and not project options.

This option is no longer available as a global setting, unless somebody knows better.

Tom.

Tom/Lewis

Quick Transition as a global setting is accomplished by deselecting "Enable transition effects" in Project Options.

Limey

Yes, we must remember that the executable mode is "interactive" in that the show is running on a computer which had the ability to respond to instructions. So for the last slide to stay there must be a "change of state" telling the computer to stop doing "A" and now do "B".

With a DVD slideshow, there is no way to tell the host to do something different, and even if there was there would be no "intelligent" response because the television simply responds to a signal which must be wholy contained on the disk. The television is set up to display video signals of so many frames per second (30 in NTSC) and either as a progressive or interlaced scan drawing each frame. In order for the slideshow to remain it would have to be programmed to repeat the frame indefinitely, which of course can't happen on a limited storage media such as DVD. In the old days of television, a test pattern was broadcast after hours which was done via a video camera continually photgraphing a printed test pattern and the signal was simply patched directly from the camera output rather than being sent to a storage medium.

I think we will probably not see such a loop for features such a having the slide remain on screen after the slideshow has finished. Not that it would not be "possible" perhaps, but that it would not be practical in terms of allocation of resources.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Lin. However, I would have to disagree with you on at least one count. I'm not sure what the mechanics are to accomplish it (and maybe it is in fact a huge use of resources), but I do in fact have several DVDs which I created using version 4.48 and Roxio MyDVD which (1) start automatically with no menu and (2) remain on the screen indefinitely until the user manually returns to the menu or ejects the DVD.

Perhaps the "Repeat Playback of a Disc" checkbox is just not working properly in this beta.

Hi Mary,

Repeat playback is a different issue. Repeat simply tells the program to begin once again and start from the begining thus repeating the entire show. Just keeping a final slide on the screen is a bit different. Not impossible, but requires different instructions from a programming aspect.

The start automatically is no problem. That is easily accomplished even with the present beta. It may be that the feature you want is not yet activated. There are many features for which there are menu choices in the betas which are not yet turned on. Some of these are "greyed" out, but others appear normally and simply have no "hooks" to the code which makes them work. However, as a work-around you could just set a longer period for the final slide such a 10 minutes. This would have a similar effect in that the user could simply "end" the show by pressing "stop" on the remote then switch to another menu choice. Generally most would not simply look at a final image for longer than a few moments I would think. Be sure to end your animation with proper keypoint well before the 10 minute limit though - LOL.

Perhaps try it again in a few days when beta 10 is released?

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Lin. However, I would have to disagree with you on at least one count. I'm not sure what the mechanics are to accomplish it (and maybe it is in fact a huge use of resources), but I do in fact have several DVDs which I created using version 4.48 and Roxio MyDVD which (1) start automatically with no menu and (2) remain on the screen indefinitely until the user manually returns to the menu or ejects the DVD.

Perhaps the "Repeat Playback of a Disc" checkbox is just not working properly in this beta.