WnSoft Forums
Lin Evans

Bug Reports v5.00 beta

Tom/Lewis

Quick Transition as a global setting is accomplished by deselecting "Enable transition effects" in Project Options.

Limey

Merci Limey

Text Bug or operator error?

I placed 3 separate text items on a plain background, sized them all to the same zoom level with the same comic sans style.

I then tried to align them using visually pan and got some very strange results in the pan figures. 2 of the lines were quite close at -22 and -23 but the third line shows a setting of -162. I had hoped to simply align text by entering the same pan figures in different lines but my results show that this will be way out.

I tried this more than once as it seemed rather odd but got the same sort of result in each case. My text was centred with 15, 16 and 18 characters in the different lines.

Is this a bug?

Peter

Hi Peter,

Just a couple of possibilities. First, pan and zoom are predicated on the "center" and to be equal would make each center coincide. If, per chance you may have accidentally moved the center (it can be done by a "shift" hold then mouse move, this could account for the differeces. Check the values in the "center" block and be sure they are all set to zero.

Next would be to be certain that the zoom as well as pan hasn't changed from the original and that the tiny block between is in "button" rather than "depressed" configuration.

Lin

Text Bug or operator error?

I placed 3 separate text items on a plain background, sized them all to the same zoom level with the same comic sans style.

I then tried to align them using visually pan and got some very strange results in the pan figures. 2 of the lines were quite close at -22 and -23 but the third line shows a setting of -162. I had hoped to simply align text by entering the same pan figures in different lines but my results show that this will be way out.

I tried this more than once as it seemed rather odd but got the same sort of result in each case. My text was centred with 15, 16 and 18 characters in the different lines.

Is this a bug?

Peter

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your thoughts. I checked and my centers are consistently set to zero and the zooms are identical.

There is another strange thing. In Photoshop you can "arrow down" the fonts and watch the changes (as I am sure you know) so I tried this in O & A and it works but ... it also changes other settings such as zoom. I watched a few font changes and then noticed they were also getting smaller and smaller. I think there are some unexpected things going on here but I have no idea as to what they are or any potential causes. They are not too worrying but may be worth Igor's attention at some time.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm having trouble reproducing this so maybe not quite clear yet. I created three text "words" and renamed each so I could easily keep track. I used different fonts for each. The default is 15 for the size, zero for the pan and zoom with centers left at zero.

I can move them independently anywhere then return them to their original sizes and position by typing in zero for pan and zoom and 15 for zoom for each.

I'm not yet quite clear on what you mean in PTE by "arrow down" the font - could you explain?

Thanks,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your thoughts. I checked and my centers are consistently set to zero and the zooms are identical.

There is another strange thing. In Photoshop you can "arrow down" the fonts and watch the changes (as I am sure you know) so I tried this in O & A and it works but ... it also changes other settings such as zoom. I watched a few font changes and then noticed they were also getting smaller and smaller. I think there are some unexpected things going on here but I have no idea as to what they are or any potential causes. They are not too worrying but may be worth Igor's attention at some time.

Peter

For Igor:

I've discovered a bug in 9A and have emailed you a PTE file and description tonight.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I am aslo having trouble repeating what I saw yesterday! I still have my original slide (as part of a sequence) and can confirm it is exactly as I described but I cannot reproduce the same result on a new slide (in an exact copy of the same sequence) and I cannot see anything that I am doing differently.

When you enter text as you say the default is 15 for the size, zero for the pan and zoom with centers left at zero. If you change the font the zoom changes too. I changed from Times new roman to Comic sans and it changed to 18.85.

If you want to see what other fonts would look like you can make sure the font name is highlighted in the top text box with the down arrow on its right (NOT the font list) and then hit the down arrow on your keyboard. (This also works in Photoshop) You then see the different fonts one after the other - quick and easy. The odd thing is that after a large number of hits on the down arrow in PTE the zoom went down to around 6. Going back up to Comic sans did not get it back to its original start point but slightly smaller.

Peter

After a more careful look, in the "customize slide" option there is a block which you click which allows "counterclockwise" movement for the eight effects in the hour hand. Under the Project Options there are check marks for all sixteen so it's possible to turn off any single type of effect but with the Customize Slide you just choose the effect then check the "counterclockwise" block if you want it for the particular slide. Just a space saver way of notating the same thing I think.....

Lin

The list of slide transition effects shown under Project Options / Effects does not match the list of effects shown when editing an individual slide from the timeline. Is there a reason why the two lists are not quite the same? For example the project options list includes some additional Advanced Hour Hand options that are not shown in the individual slide effects list.

Burn.exe Exception Error

The DVD Builder crashed when trying to burn a DVD. Very simple test slideshow. Only two slides. Total 1 min. Everything set to 16:9 aspect ratio, pretty much everything else default settings. Just clicked on blue menu, with no other adjustments. Error messages attached.

post-2938-1177537783_thumb.jpg

WinXP SP1

Pioneer A09 DVD drive, attached by Firewire

Generic DVD-R 4X media, never given option to set speed

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

A company who licensed us burning library said that a DVD writters attached by Fireware often have problems with burning. However we'll remind them again, probably they will able fix this problem.

A company who licensed us burning library said that a DVD writters attached by Fireware often have problems with burning. However we'll remind them again, probably they will able fix this problem.

That may be true of THEIR software, but it hasn't been my experience with many other programs. This unit hasn't experienced any failed burns like this, where the software itself crashes during the operation. I have used several versions of Nero, Nero Vision Express, ULead Movie Factory 2, and various open source programs with no burn issues using a wide range of DVD writeable discs. The Pioneer unit has a good track record.

Also, as a general rule I have found Firewire connections to be free of problems over a range of devices including video cameras and external hard drives. On the other hand, I have found the USB port to be much more flakey when connected devices to it.

I will try some other media in the meantime, but I don't see how the quality of the media, something the program recommends after the error, could cause the program to crash.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

Dear Stephen,

I well understand what you feel when see such problem. We'll try to solve it. We just sent new email to authors of DVD burning library.

Also they recently sent us updated library which will be included to beta 10 (today-tomorrow). Maybe it contains solution, but not yet.

Lin,

Thanks, I reproduced problem with close slides (interval about 40 ms.) We'll try to solve this problem in beta 11.

Since we are talking about burn problems, I'd like to bring up, again, the problem that I am having using the Beta9 with the Memorex DVD-R 16x DVDs. So I tried to burn the same small slideshow to a different brand, Maxell DVD-R 16x DVDs, to see what would happen. I burn the slideshow successfully twice to the Maxell DVDs.

I then tried to burn the same slideshow to another Memorex DVD-R 16x DVD. It failed again with the same error messages:

"The error have apeear while DVD disc burning. To fix this error please try to burn another disk and decrease burning speed. Please use only high quality DVD media. If this error will repeat you can create ISO image and burn this by using another software."

Then down below in the list of process steps, it says:

"Command-WRITE (10), Status-Check Condition Sense Key-Invalid Field in CDB."

I passed this info to Sergey. But hope this will be helpful to others who might run into this problem. I don't know if anyone else would have is problem with this brand of DVDs.

Gary

Please try newest beta 10

Igor

I've been using Beta 10 and created 2 shows. So far as I can tell, no bugs! A truly superb product. Congrats to you and all of the team.

Gordon Cochrane

Igor

I've been using Beta 10 and created 2 shows. So far as I can tell, no bugs! A truly superb product. Congrats to you and all of the team.

Gordon Cochrane

Igor

I think I may have respondede too soon! My 2 shows ran okay but when i looked at your Help screen the version came up as Beta 9a and not as beta 10. When i opened C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.00 Beta 10 I get a list starting with Videobuilder Folder and much furhter down the program file is shown as Pitures to Exe Beta 9a. There is no mention of Beta 10 at all as a program. Am I using Beta 10 or Beta 9?

Gordon

Igor... I tried burning the slideshow using Beta10 on these Memorex DVD-R 16x discs, but I get the same error message.

I don't know if it is the Beta10 not liking this brand of DVD disks or the disks are just a bad set. I have tried 5 of these Memorex disks, and none have worked so far. Gary

Igor,

Have a nasty little problem (for me) in both Beta 9 & 10 it may have existed in earlier betas, but I haven't tried them.

I make and show my PTE sequences on an Evesham laptop (rebadged MSI). This has an ATI X700 graphics chip with 128mb memory. Full spec can be seen at

< http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...prod_no=650>

I have the ATI drivers mentioned in that spec installed; I have tried to update them without success!

I can run your PTEShow exe happily, but any show I create just does not display, neither can I preview a show. Taking the generated exe and running it displays the startup screen, I press the spacebar and that's it. The machine is virtually locked up, all I can do is give it the three fingered salute and kill the .exe.

Can you help, otherwise I am stuck with v 4.47 for a very long time as replacing the laptop is out of the question for the moment. :(

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

As I've understood you had the problem when startup screen was enabled. Try to remove it and try again. In my PteShow demo I didn't used startup screen.

Hi,

I uninstall beta 9A, while uninstalling, i replied "No" at question : do you want to keep your profile, .... license, ...

(so license should be uninstaled from my computer.)

I download and installed beta 10. This new version fresh installed was still registered. :blink:

Seems to be a bug there!

Alain

using v5b10 to open a v5b9 pte show

comments for slides

selecting

<%MainImg.FileNameext%>

gives pict name with extension

selecting

<%MainImg.FileName%>

gives the name of the pte

TRYMOVE TXT_V5_B9_2006 CHOK YMCA BRIDGE RUN JUN 25 06.pte

when i made the dvd folders with ver5b9 when it came out the other day the ext did not show now even the v5b9 even shows .jpg after pict name the same as v5b10

ken

Greetings... Well, things are going from bad to worse. After being able to finally burn 2 DVDs in Beta10 with the Maxell DVDs, I tried to burn some regular movies with DVD Shrink, which usually never presents a problem. After burning 4 DVDs with DVD Shrink, all of a sudden, I can not finish a burn without getting the error message below. So I don't know what is going on.

I could not get Beta10 to burn a slideshow until I switched from the Memorex DVDs to Maxell DVDs. Now, I am having burn problems with the Maxell DVDs. So maybe Beta10 has not had anything to do with the start of my burn problems but I am now more confused as to what is going on then ever. Could installing Beta10 have added something that would affect burning with DVD Shrink??? Gary

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -error message- - - - - - -

1A20-0100-0000-1285-8705-4320

Windows XP 5.1

IA32

WinAspi: File 'Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=4.70, size=45568 bytes, created 12/10/2001 4:32:34 PM

ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 10/26/2004 5:35:34 PM

Nero API version: 6.6.0.18

Using interface version: 6.3.1.4

Installed in: C:\Program Files\ahead\Nero\

Application: ahead\Nero - Burning Rom

Internal Version: 6, 6, 0, 18e

Recorder: <SONY DVD RW DRU-500A> Version: 2.1a - HA 1 TA 0 - 6.6.0.18

Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1

Drive buffer : 8192kB

Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===

CdRomPeripheral : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1613 atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: Off

CdRomPeripheral : SONY DVD RW DRU-500A atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On

DiskPeripheral : MAXTOR STM3200820A 3.AA viaraid Port 3 ID 0 DMA: Off

DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1800JB-00DUA0 65.1 viaraid Port 3 ID 1 DMA: Off

DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1600JB-00EVA0 15.0 viaraid Port 3 ID 2 DMA: Off

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===

SONY DVD-ROM DDU1613 G: CDRom0

SONY DVD RW DRU-500A F: CDRom1

=======================

AutoRun : 1

Excluded drive IDs:

WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte

ShowDrvBufStat : 0

BUFE : 0

Physical memory : 2046MB (2095852kB)

Free physical memory: 1204MB (1233628kB)

Memory in use : 41 %

Uncached PFiles: 0x0

Use Inquiry : 1

Global Bus Type: default (0)

Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI

5:27:51 PM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

DVD-Video files reallocation started

5:27:51 PM #2 Phase 114 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

DVD-Video files reallocation completed (no file modified)

5:27:51 PM #3 Phase 111 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

DVD-Video files sorted

5:27:51 PM #4 SCSI -1065 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1182

SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x03975000

HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)

TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)

Sense Key: 0x05 (KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST)

Sense Code: 0x20

Sense Qual: 0x00

CDB Data: 0xFF 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

Sense Data: 0x70 0x00 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x12

0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x20 0x00

5:27:51 PM #5 Text 0 File Reader.cpp, Line 127

Reader running

5:27:51 PM #6 Text 0 File Writer.cpp, Line 122

Writer SONY DVD RW DRU-500A running

5:27:51 PM #7 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 842

DRM: StartDrmRecording(RealRec:1, ImageRec:0, Copies:1)

DRM: Beginning burn process.

5:27:51 PM #8 ISO9660GEN -11 File geniso.cpp, Line 3309

First writeable address = 0 (0x00000000)

5:27:51 PM #9 ISO9660GEN -11 File geniso.cpp, Line 3309

First writeable address = 0 (0x00000000)

5:27:51 PM #10 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3233

Turn on Disc-At-Once, using DVD media

5:27:51 PM #11 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 270

Last possible write address on media: 2298495 (510:46.45, 4489MB)

Last address to be written: 2286111 (508:01.36, 4465MB)

5:27:51 PM #12 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 282

Write in overburning mode: NO

5:27:51 PM #13 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 2483

Recorder: SONY DVD RW DRU-500A, Media type: DVD-R

Disc Manufacturer: Prodis - cF02

Disc Application Code: 64, Disc Physical Code: 193

5:27:51 PM #14 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 448

>>> Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities: <<<

=========================================

5:27:51 PM #15 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 838

Setup items (after recorder preparation)

0: TRM_DATA_MODE1 ()

2 indices, index0 (150) not provided

original disc pos #0 + 2286112 (2286112) = #2286112/508:1.37

relocatable, disc pos for caching/writing not required/ required, no patch infos

-> TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048, config 0, wanted index0 0 blocks, length 2286112 blocks [sONY DVD RW DRU-500A]

--------------------------------------------------------------

5:27:52 PM #16 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1051

Prepare recorder [sONY DVD RW DRU-500A] for write in CUE-sheet-DAO

DAO infos:

==========

MCN: ""

TOCType: 0x00; Session Closed, disc fixated

Tracks 1 to 1:

1: TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048/0x00, FilePos 0 0 4681957376, ISRC ""

DAO layout:

===========

__Start_|____Track_|_Idx_|_CtrlAdr_|_RecDep__________

0 | lead-in | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00

0 | 1 | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00

0 | 1 | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00

2286112 | lead-out | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00

5:27:52 PM #17 Phase 24 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Caching of files started

5:27:52 PM #18 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 4122

Cache writing successful.

5:27:52 PM #19 Phase 25 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Caching of files completed

5:27:52 PM #20 Phase 36 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Burn process started at 4x (5,540 KB/s)

Igor - ver 5 - Beta 10

Using a button with the "Button action" - " Previous Slide ", is going back 2 slides instead of 1.

Also I am sure there is a bug with using the navigation bar - clicking the Pause, then using a button action on same slide - " Go to first slide " - no action occurs untill the " Pause " is released ".

This was not the case with ver 4.48

I have a small sample that I can send you if you wish.

When I press the pause-button, only the pictures stopp, but not the sound. Because of this there is no synchronisation anymore of the slides and the music...

Best,

Gerdi