WnSoft Forums
Lin Evans

Bug Reports v5.00 beta

Next 3 days - official holidays in our country, because of this probably I will reply on your messages only on Wednesday.

(Today was business day.)

Ahhh Thank you Igor I see now, so when you change rectangle size with your mouse you are really only "zooming" in or out and when use the "Size" boxes you are physically changing the size of the original rectangle.

Still think there may be a bug here. With the screen size set to 5:4, adding a rectangle gives size values of 10000 x 8000, i.e. a 5:4 ratio. Now alter 10000 to 5000 using the keyboard. The rectangle width halves and the height stays fixed. OK this is correct. Now alter the height from 8000 to 4000, the rectangle now fills the screen again. This seems a little peculiar.

Jeff

Guest Techman1

DVD Creation using Beta10 Potential Bug:

Has anyone created a DVD longer than about 2.5 minutes or so? I've created a couple of shows using Beta10 and now on the DVD's that have been burnt they run fine until just beyond 2 minutes. Then whichever slide it was on, will stay for too many seconds and then the screen goes black (music continues). I've created these directly using Video Builder and also creating an ISO and then burning it with Nero...same result. I've also recreated my show from scratch using Beta10 thinking maybe it was a problem with Beta9 and saving new as Beta10 (no luck, same issue). Different music files also, same result.

Thanks in advance if anyone else has had this experience. I know Igor won't be back until Wednesday, so it can just wait until then if no one else has had a similar experience.

Take care all and have a great weekend!

Fred

HAVE made 3 differnet shows that run +- 10 mins each

1 with 2 shows on disk took from 11:14 am to 12:56 to burn and same runs fine -- each show is > 9 mins run time

ken

Has anyone created a DVD longer than about 2.5 minutes or so? I've created a couple of shows using Beta10 and now on the DVD's that have been burnt they run fine until just beyond 2 minutes. Then whichever slide it was on, will stay for too many seconds and then the screen goes black (music continues). I've created these directly using Video Builder and also creating an ISO and then burning it with Nero...same result. I've also recreated my show from scratch using Beta10 thinking maybe it was a problem with Beta9 and saving new as Beta10 (no luck, same issue). Different music files also, same result.

Thanks in advance if anyone else has had this experience. I know Igor won't be back until Wednesday, so it can just wait until then if no one else has had a similar experience.

Fred

Fred,

I had a similar experience with Beta 10 Video Builder: in a slide sequence with no menu, about five minutes long, the last slide would not be rendered, even though the music still continued for the proper time.

I changed the Video Builder Project Options. Under the ""Advanced options" heading, I checked the "Repeat playback of a disc" box. The show was then rendered properly. Furthermore, when I subsequently unchecked the box to recreate the behavior, the program still functioned properly, and I've observed no anomalies since, I'm relieved to report!

One more thing: after modifying the the show in Beta 10, I loaded it back into 9A and tried that Video Builder. The resulting disk hung up a second or two into the first slide, went dark, and returned to the beginning. Evidently, the p2e files are not always backward-compatible.

Best wishes,

David White (frets3)

Fred

Fred

I have just made a test show lasting 7mins and had very similiar experience to yours. In my case the first 4 or 5 slides rendered well then the very first slide came back on screen and stayed there for ages then other slides in the sequence came on and stayed on for ages then the show went back to the starting slide again. Very eratic with the DVD play back being completely different from the PTE preview. I have trialled shorter shows on the previous beta which ran fine maybe show length has something to do with it though Ken has had no problems at all???

Guess there is a bug lurking there somewhere.

Regards

Andrew

To add to my previous post, I have made a second test show (8mins long) and it consistently (inline with the first) starts to malfunction on the 6 slide, this is where it shows the very first slide again and holds it there for ages then starts changing through the slides agains then repeats the process. My shows are nothing fancy and basically using default settings of PTE. I have tried deselecting syncronizataion, repeat music, repeat show but still the error occurs.

Andrew

I have completed some further testing and have found using the exact same project that I used in Beta 10 the show burns perfectly in Beta 9A. I have started the project from scratch again in both Beta 10 and in Beta 9A and the show continues to burn correctly in Beta 9A but not in Beta 10.

I have completely uninstalled all versions of PTE and reinstalled Beta 10 and the problem continues.

Thinking it must be a problem with Video Builder I transferred the Video Builder program files from 9A to 10 and still the same error occurred.

Is anybody else having these problems with Beta 10?

Regards

Andrew

I have completed some further testing and have found using the exact same project that I used in Beta 10 the show burns perfectly in Beta 9A. I have started the project from scratch again in both Beta 10 and in Beta 9A and the show continues to burn correctly in Beta 9A but not in Beta 10.

I have completely uninstalled all versions of PTE and reinstalled Beta 10 and the problem continues.

Thinking it must be a problem with Video Builder I transferred the Video Builder program files from 9A to 10 and still the same error occurred.

Is anybody else having these problems with Beta 10?

Regards

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

I'm having similar problems with Video builder in Beta 10.

Burned four shows plus menu slide in Beta 10. One show, approx 9 mins 120 slides, consistently had the problem you reported by suddenly showing a previous slide, #82, and then random order of other previously viewed slides. Music continued OK. The other three shows on the DVD did not exhibit this problem.

Redid the whole show in Beta 9a, no problems.

Regards

Limey.

Hello Andrew,

I'm having similar problems with Video builder in Beta 10.

Burned four shows plus menu slide in Beta 10. One show, approx 9 mins 120 slides, consistently had the problem you reported by suddenly showing a previous slide, #82, and then random order of other previously viewed slides. Music continued OK. The other three shows on the DVD did not exhibit this problem.

Redid the whole show in Beta 9a, no problems.

Regards

Limey.

Cheers Limey, Lets hope its a simple fix for the programmers :-)

Andrew

Guest Techman1

Ken, David, Andrew, & Limey,

Thanks for your replies on this subject. I didn't have these problems in the previous beta versions, only in beta 10. I'll do a few more tests to change some options and see if the result is the same. Otherwise I'm with Andrew, in that I hope that it is an easy fix somewhere in the code.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Fred

Peter,

PicturesToExe doesn't support mp3Pro. Please use usual MP3.

Igor,

I do not agree with you, PTE does play mp3pro music files!

Ron West

Hi Ron,

I think Igor said that PTE didn't "support" mp3pro music. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't play the files on some computers some times, but rather that there are issues which PTE doesn't deal with and that if you use it you do so at your own risk.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor,

I do not agree with you, PTE does play mp3pro music files!

Ron West

General comment!

I am finding this thread is increasingly dealing with VIDEO BUILDER problems and it is getting difficult to find basic PTE problems amoungst all the posts.

Can we not have two separate threads, one for Video and another for Audio Visual??

Ron

I agree with Ron. I haven't been well since the beginning of the year, following an operation on my ankle. The discomfort makes it difficult for me to concentrate for long periods and the DVD questions seem to be swamping the main art of AV, which is essential before those interested can produce a DVD. Producing DVDs is the least of my interests at this point in time.

Ron [uK]

Guest Techman1

I believe that this was the only thread where we were to report Bugs associated with the latest Beta Version of PTE (V5-Beta10). If Igor wants to further split this thread into The Deluxe Version (which includes Video Builder) and Basic PTE Version, then I'll certainly post where ever he wants.

I may not really care about MP3PRO (at least currently), but that doesn't mean it may not be important to others. I can simply pass by things that are not of interest to me and hope others can do the same at this point. DVD creation is an important part to me and my business.

Have a good one!

Fred

p.s. - Ron, I hope you get to feeling better. Sorry to hear about your operation.

Hi Fred,

I suggested the original Bug Report thread simply because having bug reports buried among the hundreds of other suggestions, comments, laments, demos, questions, etc., made it exceedingly difficult for Igor, Pavel, et al, to avoid "missing" a few.

There is no logcal reason why, if one of the moderators wants to "pin" a new thread that we can't divide the issues between the DVD creation and standard AV functions. What would be nice, however, is if we could confine the bug reports to just reports and not discussion. What I would suggest is that when we wish to "respond" to what others believe are bugs, that we do so with a new thread topic in the main body rather than discussions on the bug thread or threads. This way the development team can quickly find what we believe are problems without wading through the various comments.

Best regards,

Lin

I believe that this was the only thread where we were to report Bugs associated with the latest Beta Version of PTE (V5-Beta10). If Igor wants to further split this thread into The Deluxe Version (which includes Video Builder) and Basic PTE Version, then I'll certainly post where ever he wants.

I may not really care about MP3PRO (at least currently), but that doesn't mean it may not be important to others. I can simply pass by things that are not of interest to me and hope others can do the same at this point. DVD creation is an important part to me and my business.

Have a good one!

Fred

p.s. - Ron, I hope you get to feeling better. Sorry to hear about your operation.

I don't really care if you split this into two sections - the important thing is that all these reports are in ONE place.

You may remember that it was I who persevered with my complaint that all of the tutorials should be in one place - the present pinned thread is not quite what I had in mind but better than nothing.

As for DVD burning it is not important to me because although the quality of the PTE DVD product is good it is still nowhere near the quality of the EXE file and I shall stick with that approach until things get better. Some applications are only possible with the DVD approach so from that point of view the Deluxe version is invaluable.

Now I'm going back to making a show and leave you guys to it.

DaveG.

Not sure if it’s a bug or not, but when I tried to preview a show PTE seemed to lock up. No preview was visible and I couldn’t get the PC to do anything.

Going into Windows Task Manager it appeared that a show was running and as soon as I ended it I could once again work in the PTE project.

I’m using P4 3 Ghz 1.5 gig ram ZP with service pack 2.

I haven’t been able to get it to happen again in around ten previews since.

I am finding this thread is increasingly dealing with VIDEO BUILDER problems and it is getting difficult to find basic PTE problems among all the posts.

Can we not have two separate threads, one for Video and another for Audio Visual??

Ron, I totally agree, my thoughts exactly.

if we could confine the bug reports to just reports and not discussion. What I would suggest is that when we wish to "respond" to what others believe are bugs, that we do so with a new thread topic in the main body rather than discussions on the bug thread or threads.

Lin, as I said to Ron, I totally agree, my thoughts exactly.

I have posted reports here which I think have been swamped by the discussion on other possible bugs. Also it is getting increasingly hard to find which bugs have been posted so as to prevent the reposting of the same bug.

I think I discovered a little bug, nothing serious... unless I made something wrong, which is still possible. :lol:

Anyway, here is what I did :

- Add a text

- Rasterize text to png image.

- customize shadow.

It looks ok in the O/A vizualisation window but in the preview mode, the shadow is the default one. :huh:

But there is a workaround :

- Close the O/A window

- Open the O/A window again (You can see that the shadow is the default one and your customization was not saved)

- Customize the shadow again.

Now, if you preview your show, the customized shadow is applied.

And if you close and re-open the O/A window, your customized shadow is saved and still ok in the preview mode.

Does anybody else experience the same problem ? :unsure:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just dumb user getting into trouble...

I created a text object, animated it, then rasterized it. I then copied that object to another slide and unrasterized it, changed the text then re-rasterized it. Because the filename didn't change, both slides now use the same PNG file and have the same text even though they shouldn't.

It appears that once you have rasterized a piece of text, changing the filename on a text object is not easily done (at least to me) short of unrasterizing the object, saving and closing the project and editing the PTE file directly.

Perhaps the suggested filename when rasterize is first selected should include the slide number? Or when a rasterized text object is copied, the rasterization should be turned off and the raster filename deleted in the object?

Dave

Guest Sergey
Beta 10 video builder.

Change drop shadow properties of video from menu design screen. The size slider moves shadow left and up instead of changing the scale of shadow. Navigate button(s) drop shadow is broken like video drop shadow. Text drop shadow OK.

Tom

Thanks for bug report. This error has been fixed for now. Update will be available in upcoming beta.

Hi,

Beta 10.

Here is a very very small bug.

See in attached file.

PS : It would be probably better and more visible (for Igor) to open a dedicated section in the forum for Report bugs. By this way you can create one message per found bug like in "Ideas and suggestions for future versions". This would be more efficient to read, answer and understand the problem than a very long list. With long list (8 pages actually) discussion is not very easy to follow.....

Alain

post-4940-1178192999_thumb.jpg