WnSoft Forums

Suggested improvements Guidlines

There has been some talk on the forum recently of keeping a separate thread for future suggested enhancements, I have an idea:-

In the pinned section there are three pinned topics each contains a bullet pointed list that is only updated by the moderators. The three pinned topics would be:-

1. Suggested improvements - any suggestion that hasn't already been suggested gets added a list.

2. Accepted improvements - all suggestions that have been accepted by Wnsoft are taken off the Suggested improvements list and added to this list, maybe even with a future implementation date added (if possible).

3. Declined improvements - all suggestions not accepted by Wnosft are taken off the Suggested improvements list and added to this list.

It would mean some work on the part of the moderators but it would provide a very quick and easy reference as to what is or isn't planned for PTE. Of course as enhancements are put in place they would be removed from the Accepted Improvements list. If the moderators miss a suggestion then I'm sure the contributor can "bump" their suggestion to the top of the normal thread list until it is noticed by a moderator.

Just a thought and maybe a way of making things clearer for everybody and avoid any repetition.

P.S. You could have a similiar pinned list for known bugs

P.S.S As you have probably worked out I love lists! hopefully this hasn't revealled anything too disturbing about my character :-)

Cheers

Andrew

Excellent suggestion! I hope it's adopted.

Lin

There has been some talk on the forum recently of keeping a separate thread for future suggested enhancements, I have an idea:-

In the pinned section there are three pinned topics each contains a bullet pointed list that is only updated by the moderators. The three pinned topics would be:-

1. Suggested improvements - any suggestion that hasn't already been suggested gets added a list.

2. Accepted improvements - all suggestions that have been accepted by Wnsoft are taken off the Suggested improvements list and added to this list, maybe even with a future implementation date added (if possible).

3. Declined improvements - all suggestions not accepted by Wnosft are taken off the Suggested improvements list and added to this list.

It would mean some work on the part of the moderators but it would provide a very quick and easy reference as to what is or isn't planned for PTE. Of course as enhancements are put in place they would be removed from the Accepted Improvements list. If the moderators miss a suggestion then I'm sure the contributor can "bump" their suggestion to the top of the normal thread list until it is noticed by a moderator.

Just a thought and maybe a way of making things clearer for everybody and avoid any repetition.

P.S. You could have a similiar pinned list for known bugs

P.S.S As you have probably worked out I love lists! hopefully this hasn't revealled anything too disturbing about my character :-)

Cheers

Andrew

it is easier said than done

and

how are we going to keep discussion out of the mix

i started the tutorial/ complaint section and Lin entered the first link to tutorials today in 2 months - am sure there were some other pieces of info that could have gone there

but i will attempt pinning this section and starting threads -- but the people that make suggestions that get declined etc should be responsible for editing them to the new area -- if you enter a thread you can move/edit it

to have a layout like thedom's or other sites require a whole reformat of the site by the site owner

ken

Hi Ken,

It's like the one I posted - ask users to repeat the comments outside of the suggestion by not using the "reply" but rather "new topic" to confine the discussion to the areas not locked - hopefully that will work

Lin

it is easier said than done

and

how are we going to keep discussion out of the mix

i started the tutorial/ complaint section and Lin entered the first link to tutorials today in 2 months - am sure there were some other pieces of info that could have gone there

ken

G'day Ken, Lin, ADB,

What a great idea.

I'm all for keeping the forum as tidy as possible with the up-most information provided, and input from PTE users encouraged. This is one of the best forums I've seen in that regard. :)

-- but the people that make suggestions that get declined etc should be responsible for editing them to the new area -- if you enter a thread you can move/edit it.

This could be the only problem I see and result in the topic becoming "messy". It relies on the people that make suggestions becoming aware of the acceptance/declined status of their suggestion and the promptness of their action. Maybe when the suggestion is reviewed by Igor and/or team they should move the post to the appropriate area immediately.

P.S ADB

I'm sure the contributor can "bump" their suggestion to the top of the normal thread

How is this done?

P.P.S. ADB

I too love lists, must be something about living in the southern hemisphere. :)

"This could be the only problem I see and result in the topic becoming "messy". It relies on the people that make suggestions becoming aware of the acceptance/declined status of their suggestion and the promptness of their action. Maybe when the suggestion is reviewed by Igor and/or team they should move the post to the appropriate area immediately."

people do not like to have somebody else moving their entry -- teir entry -- it is their responsibility to look after it

in order to "bump" an entry just add something to the threads and it will move up

ken